• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tinnitus - mega thread

I also use the earplugs that neo uses,

Not only do i not come home with that awful ringing in my ears, but i can actually have a friendly chat with people i know :)
Rather than "Ay?" "What did you say" "huh"

No problem at all, soundsystem. Glad to have helped!

darksidedsam....now I LOVE music, big time....everything from D'n'B to Reggae/Dub to Mozart and everything in between, but I both HATE and cannot understand the (lack of) logic behind the volume at gigs/raves. The music is SO GODDAMN loud that you can't speak to anyone at all, and it's so loud that you can't even make out the music itself, it just sounds like LOUDANNOYINGNOISE.....regardless of whether it is one of my favourite artists/dj's/whatever, I still moan at the back telling you young buck's to keep the racket down. It's not like it was in my day, I tell you. grumblegrumblegrumble.

Wow that's really cool I'm glad to hear you still have your hearing! Music is something so vital to life, I can't even imagine.....

So I also wanted to add that since reading through this thread a couple days ago or whenever you posted it, I have quit Q-tipping my ears after I shower. Which was actually a pretty hard habit to break, because I don't feel 'complete' unless I swab lol. I like how it feels to have a nice dry ear. Another habit I think I should also break is when I shower I put my ear up to the water and rinse it out really well because I can't stand the feeling of soap bubbles in my ear cavity. I don't know if this is harmful to have all that water pressure directly on the inner ear, but I feel like it's the same idea as swabbing it. Any thoughts anyone? Anyone else do that?

^ omg! me too! My friend says that when you use a q-tip, it pushes the ear wax in. Well, when you do it when you first wake up, or after a shower when it is moist, it does remove all the wax, which is my I was having problems. The ear needs wax.

I just use a wash cloth to kind of get the outer area and it looks fine.

Maybe my ex gf did have a wax obsession. hehe

I got tinnitus from smoking JWH, my doctor gave me cipralex and seroquel to sleep and xanax ,none of them changes tinnitus level .I also went to acupuncture but with no result ,I started taking Gingo Biloba but I dont think it will help either. It is like living in hell ,its not like you can forget about it .It is very loud I can feel you when I am at home or trying to sleep I am going mental. I cant offer you advice either cause I am in the same place..the only comforting thing that keeps me from not killing myself is that some say that it may go away byitself at some time in the future

I hear what you are saying.
First of all..IT WILL GET BETTER!
I too think that JWH was involved..but that is not relevant...for whatever reason..we have tinnitus.

Mine has subsided. I still have days where it is as bad as the first days I had it...most days though it is diminished or gone. BUT....even on the WORST of days I can go hours without noticing it. Took a couple of months to get to this point though...the first month was brutal.

As for meds..I Strongly suggest you see a psychiatrist. Most internists and family doctors are not going to prescribe meds at the dosages you need to get past this. On bad days I take 8 mg of Klonipin. No internist is gonna prescribe that kind of dose. also some of the things u said in your post sound a lot like what I was saying the first few weeks I had this. I remeber saying, 'I can understand why people kill themselves because of this disorder.' Again I urge you to see a psychiatrist.
I promise you this...you CAN live with this and it WILL get better.

Keep me informed..here or through PMs

hey man what the hell did jwh to our brains,I was smoking cannabis regularly but that thing just fucked me up ,I cant forget about it.Do u have any answer to that?and soz if I bring in bad memories. Yesterday I woke up believing it was gone but after a couple of minutes it returned firstly I was happy that it may go away but 1 day after I can still hear it all day.It is worst at night though. Now at least I can do stuff during the day without too much thinking about it. anyway I just wish it will go away for both of us some time and never return.

that isnt the case ,benzo were used after the effect so it can't be the cause only if benzo were used in herbal mix

Tinnitus

Anyone got any advice for mild to severe tinnitus, my fiancee has been suffering since a synthetic cannabinoid overdose. For a while it was insane and she was talking about even ending her life a week or two ago but since abstaining from drugs she has gotten better apart from drinking once or twice as it doesnt seem to effect it she said, infact it helps sometimes even on the hangover. Any advice for suppliments / vitamins to take or other activites or other such things?

She is already taking euchenicea, something I have forgotten the name of that is also a herbal remedy. Also no aspirin or anything like that. She has stopped smoking cannabis for 5 days nearly 6 after smoking daily since around 13 years old. She has stopped taking benzo's and other substances as well apart from half an eitzolam and alcohol (Both do not effect it at all she says) although other benzo's greatly greatly increase it (diazepam to name a big factor). She has started to exercise a little more often and eat healthier so I say we are off to a great start. There was no change in anything for a while but for the past 2 days she has actually been kind of happy (first time in around 2 - 3 months)

I'd suggest Melatonin, 3mg daily every night.
If the tinnitus severely impacts her life behavioral therapy can help to cope with it (but not to reduce it).

She refuses therapy due to past negative experiences with it over some pretty serious shit that went on. I will suggest the melatonin although does it actually help tinnitus or just help sleep? We have decided as her sleep problem has gotten a lot better since the whole thing has started getting better to avoid sleep aids and learn to sleep with it although its worth a short just as it might make her feel more normal/happy.

Tinnitus is an annoyance in my book. If that's the most of her worries, she should definitely try a therapist again.

Yeah that is what I say but in the end it is down to her, it is more then just tinnitus. It is strange permenant damage from synthetic cannabinoids involving pressure and weird pains and some other strange symptoms. We just like to call it tinnitus to keep us not so scared, its pretty severe at times we really just need a little bit of help

She refuses therapy due to past negative experiences with it over some pretty serious shit that went on. I will suggest the melatonin although does it actually help tinnitus or just help sleep? We have decided as her sleep problem has gotten a lot better since the whole thing has started getting better to avoid sleep aids and learn to sleep with it although its worth a short just as it might make her feel more normal/happy.
Melatonin helps with tinnitus, I don't know if it will affect the sleep. You should probably talk to a doctor first.

nothing helps ,its random ...f#$# random

ok after 1 year experience with tinnitus ,I was again searching internet for answers and got back to this thread ...well 2 dentists ,chiropractor ,acupuncture , SSRI antidepressants ,diazepam ,xanax, ..5 months drugs free healthy life... nothing ..just nothing ..fucked up my life pretty bad ..really really bad...Gingko supplements,lipoflan no nothing ..cortisone ..nothing.. still ringing and buzzing and head like exploding ...it changes from bad to super bad random ..I am now 30 and I thought I had anxiety when I was 23-25 ..I wish I knew better I cant make some days without some benzo ..I freak out ..hell just hell ..and for what? because I didnt buy normal illegal weed ..damn

Yeah that is what I say but in the end it is down to her, it is more then just tinnitus. It is strange permenant damage from synthetic cannabinoids involving pressure and weird pains and some other strange symptoms. We just like to call it tinnitus to keep us not so scared, its pretty severe at times we really just need a little bit of help

I have exactly the same ,and neck and jaw issues after it happened..I hope the brain will readjust..the problem is that you dont know how to help it do that..I mean should I smoke weed or not? I couldnt smoke for at least 3 months after the incident .but then one day I started smoking and its has been pretty much 24/7 after that day

Deer is not very common around here, but you can find boar. Boar stew is quite good, and in winter it pairs just perfectly with polenta!
As for rabbits, i find that the one you can find in supermarkets (usually breeded just like chickens) are not very interesting. Lean meat, yes, but not very interesting. We used to buy rabbits (and some kind of fowl) by farmers that raised them, and they were completely different

Last edited by a moderator:
Tinnitus mystery

I have weak normal tinnitus that sounds like quiet sine wave at 18.000hz.... we all know this,I was at some very loud dnb events this is normal

now in last few months I developed strong sound in my head that is like tone that is chaoticaly jumping between two notes,higher and lower one........ I wasnt exposed to loud sounds about 3 years now,I dont understand why I have this

one suspect is that I shower my ear canals with moderate strong stream from shower head but it dont feel painfull so it should not cause damage?

I still don't understand the implications of tinnitus. As someone who has had moderate to severe tinnitus for as long as I can recall, I think it partially has to do with some sort of damage being done to the ears/eardrums.

With how much we are exposed to loud noises these days, it's difficult to tell if something is damaging our ears.

I don't have any other information to offer on the subject, but I helieve there are other threads on tinnitus in HL, so hold tight. I'll merge them with this one.