• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Time too go teetotal

Higherfocus420

Bluelighter
Think it's time to go teetotal I'm only 22 but have been doing drink and drugs since I was 12 have overdosed on multiple drugs multiple times and the amount people I've fell out with or fights I've had due to it I've had enough and don't wanna have a heart attack or get into any more street fights whilst boozy and have an early grave or end up in prison fed up falling out with people and fucking my life up for a high although it will be hard and I will miss partying and getting high I would rather live long healthy life with meaningful relationships as I'm a lovely lad when sober I've tried to stop before but it's hard and I end forgetting one day I willearn and it will be too late

I'm looking for that path too, at 21 years old, so I think I understand what you mean. I've had enough.

Sometimes this feel like its to late, everyone tells me that life is long. But it is not the same anymore.

It's wise of you to see this in yourself, especially at such a young age. If drugs have already caused you so much trouble, give them another 5, 10 years, and things are going to be far worse for you. Some people can't do drugs and stay in control and it's really brave of you to be able to admit that and want to do something about it. :)

By best advice is to find the things that make you happy and feel inspired without drugs, and pursue those things to fill your time instead. Maybe it's music, or art, or volunteering to help people, or whatever, it doesn't matter as long as you have something to fill your time and apply your passion to besides drugs. And then try to identify the things in your life that hurt you and cause you pain, and either work to fix those things, or if they're just tpoxic (like a bad relationship), cut them out of your life. Combining these 2 broad goals will help you to heal and improve and make something different of your life.

Also therapy can really help if you're hiding some deep-seating pain/issues.

It's wise of you to see this in yourself, especially at such a young age. If drugs have already caused you so much trouble, give them another 5, 10 years, and things are going to be far worse for you. Some people can't do drugs and stay in control and it's really brave of you to be able to admit that and want to do something about it. :)

By best advice is to find the things that make you happy and feel inspired without drugs, and pursue those things to fill your time instead. Maybe it's music, or art, or volunteering to help people, or whatever, it doesn't matter as long as you have something to fill your time and apply your passion to besides drugs. And then try to identify the things in your life that hurt you and cause you pain, and either work to fix those things, or if they're just tpoxic (like a bad relationship), cut them out of your life. Combining these 2 broad goals will help you to heal and improve and make something different of your life.

Also therapy can really help if you're hiding some deep-seating pain/issues.
it's deffo music man I play guitar sing and make hip hop beats, jungle and dub reagge I litrley live and breath music I use to love swimming and running but where I work construction I'm normaly too tired nowadays

One thing I have learned that really impacted me - when you are off your head then you are not available to anyone else who might need your help. Imagine you just find out while tripping that someone close to you was in an accident and is dying and there's nothing you can do, can't go and be with them, can't talk to them, all because you wanted to feel good. Then there's the wasted years, decreased health, impaired memory. Another thing, you can't know who you would have been without having done all the drugs and many people wish they could just re-set but it's not possible. Fun in your early years can mean a lack of deeper connection with kids in the future, if you have them. Ultimately I think that when we are getting high we are just wanting to feel good right now without regard for the future. The future is coming though and the good times will pass unless you just do it over and over and over. You don't want to be a guy in your 40's who hasn't grown up, still acting like a greedy kid, living just for yourself. We get one life and the best way to spend it isn't to be a slave to our own desires but to actually do things that will have a lasting impact, a positive impact on other people. You also have to suspect that the vast amount of "great" drugs out there are a tool for those who want to control you and render you just another nobody who won't be a threat to their power. People who do drugs are often those who would be passionate and powerful in their own right, if only they'd channel their passion out and away from themselves. Good luck, I know it's hard. The fact you said what you did though, means you know what you have to do, just need to know how to go about it the right way, set yourself up for success.

You’ve got the right idea and lucky to have that self-awareness at such a young age. You can do it but don’t feel ashamed or disappointed if you stumble a bit or slip up on the path to full sobriety. Getting clean is a lifelong process and it has its ups and downs. I quit today and it’s definitely not the first time I have. Don’t get caught up in measuring your success just by counting days - being straight is about way more than that. There is so much good advice and helpful information on BL to support your quitting or just getting on top of things and improving your quality of life. Best of luck.

it's deffo music man I play guitar sing and make hip hop beats, jungle and dub reagge I litrley live and breath music I use to love swimming and running but where I work construction I'm normaly too tired nowadays

Do it man! I was on opiates bad for 10 years, I didn't play at all in that time. When I got off I started playing again, I play piano/keys. 6 years later and I'm in 2 bands, in one of them we tour and stuff, play festivals, it's my dream. 6 years of hard work and I can play with anyone. It's the best feeling in the world and makes me love my life. :)