• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Time difference between suboxone and subutex?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SehrBuenoKnop

Bluelighter
I have messed with suboxone for a while now. But this is the first time I got subutex. It doesnt have the naloxone in it.

So I railed some about 12 hours ago and started playing StarCraft2. Took a 4 hour nap or sleep or whatever you wanna call that. My pupils are still small. I wouldnt mess with opiates today if it were suboxone.

But the dude told me you can still do pills on subutex because it doesnt have the naloxone. But still, subutex still has a high binding affinity. Would oxymorphone/opana do anything to me today? Or should I just hold off on that?

how much did you take? was it a one-time thing or had you taken it a few days in a row? generally you want to wait 48-72 hrs if you want to feel the full effects, but if it was a one-time, small dose, you might not need to wait as long.

also, the naloxone is irrelevant in this scenario regardless of whether you took subutex or suboxone. the naloxone in suboxone is basically inert. it's buprenorphine's high binding affinity and long half-life that prevents you from feeling other opiates for some period of time after taking it, but you can always take pills after you've taken either one. you just may not feel the effects.

[you want to avoid doing sub too soon after taking other pills though to avoid pwd]

^he's right

However Subutex is a lot nicer to inject than Suboxone. At least I get almost always an uncomfortable headache when I've injected 'xone (couse of naloxone).

Well I kind of did it here and there all week. Did probably 1/16 of a pill I dunno. I knew about the 72 hours but thought the naloxone had more to do with it. Guess no opana today.

1/16 of Subutex is 0.5mg buprenorphine, which isn't much..

Oxymorphone is certainly strong enough to "break through" the bupe at that small doses but you get the best bang 4 your buck by waiting enough time..

So wait you can do opiates after taking subutex? You don't have to wait 24-36 hours like with suboxone? Someone please clear this up. Is it the bupe or the naloxone that sends you into w/d's?

i'm pretty sure this is all covered ad nauseum in the suboxone megathread, but:

So wait you can do opiates after taking subutex?

Yes.

You don't have to wait 24-36 hours like with suboxone?

You don't have to wait 24-36 hours after EITHER ONE to take opiates. However, you will probably not feel any effects for 48-72+ hours after any form of buprenorphine (unless very small infrequent dose type situation). You get precipitated withdrawals from taking sub too soon AFTER taking another opiate; the reverse is not true.

Is it the bupe or the naloxone that sends you into w/d's?

The bupe. The naloxone in suboxone is essentially inert because buprenorphoine has a much greater binding affinity for the opiate receptors. Again, the w/d is only an issue when you are taking bupe after opiates, not the other way around. They may not work, but you likely will not get w/ds.

1/16 of Subutex is 0.5mg buprenorphine, which isn't much..

Oxymorphone is certainly strong enough to "break through" the bupe at that small doses but you get the best bang 4 your buck by waiting enough time..

Im just guessing I have no idea. That was just last night after doing 2 pills since not last thursday but the one before.

I just put the pill back together. Man I was wrong. Did like 1/6th of it lol

Last edited:
Suboxone has a coloring agent, and naloxone. There is no difference in the subjective effects for me. Very few people have a naloxone sensitivity.

Please consult the mega thread for future buprenorphine questions. If you read through the FAQ section, you would know you can use full agonist opiates on *both* Suboxone and Subutex.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.