• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Tianeptine for anxiety or depression

Deano8888

Greenlighter
Hey all.

Just wondered if anyone has tried using Tianeptine purely for anxiety or depression.

I am interested in anyones experience with the drug.

Many thanks

Reports seem to be all over the place with this drug. Most people who really enjoy it were injecting. I tried it orally several times from several different vendors at several different doses and didn't get much at all out of it.

I take my prescription of Tianeptine medicinally (3x12.5 mg/day), and occasionally semi-recreationally (2-3 daily doses of 37.5 mg each in one evening against social anxiety), and it works well for both.

If you keep exceeding the 37.5 mg per day regularly though, tolerance builds fairly quickly. It is a µ-opioid agonist after all, so you might not want to buy several grams of tianeptine powder if you've had addiction issues with opioids.

Also, some people I've talked to find the drug a bit too stimulating, to the point where it actually increases their anxiety.

I tried tianeptine. I'm a relatively miserable human being so I guess I can say that I justify my use of drugs as 'self-medicating' to treat my anxiety and depression, and I'll tell you tianeptine works great! I've only tried dosages of around 100mg and up, and it acted pretty much like a standard opioid, kind of stimulating like buprenorphine, oxycodone or kratom can be. I can see how this would be a great medication for people with really bad depression that doesn't respond well to other more conventional pharmacological therapies. It's kind of great that in the US we can just order the shit, but in a way it's a shame that it can't be prescribed by a doctor for people that don't know about it that it could really help.

Yes, there are plenty of threads about it. Just google it :)

I didn't mean it like that, though that is true also. I was saying that some people say they really enjoy it while others say they don't get much at all out of it. That's what I meant by "all over the place". Not consistent.

Depression is one of tianeptine's recognized clinical uses, right? That's one of the indications it's used for?