• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Tianeptine first time, little or no effect

Bu8gzy

Greenlighter
Hi, I wondered if any of you wonderful people could help/advise me. I tried posting this to Reddits Tianeptine forum but was automatically removed right away for some reason.
Firstly a little bit my mental health and addiction/substance abuse history.

For as long as I remember I have suffered with severe social anxiety and depression. When I say severe, I mean it has had a significant and ongoing impact on my life to the point where I have come close to the edge on a number of occasions. This has led to to attempting to cope through substance abuse. I am a recovering alcoholic, 3 rehabs and now 2 years sober. I am also an ex IV heroin and coke addict, have been cross addicted to many other substances (you name it, I've probably done it) have been on and off benzo's for 10 plus years, currently am prescribed Clonazepam 2mg per day (down from 6mg a day 5 years ago) on a reducing dose, use about 4-8 grams of kratom a day and 2-3g's of phenibut.

I used to have a chronic Phenibut addiction (10 years ago) before I was as clued up to it's dangers (worst wd ever btw, if your gonna take phenibut for anxiety, make a plan and stick to it, I can dose as heavily as I am at the moment because I have a tried and tested tapering method which means I get 3 good months and then a month of mild agitation, a small price to pay for me for the benefits i get from it but I would never advise anyone else to do this as if you don't know what you are doing you can end up in deep trouble very quickly!)

Anyway, back to the reason for my post. After doing an awful lot of reading up on the subject and taking into account the many anecdotal reports on here and other forums as to Tianeptines efficacy around elevating mood and relieving anxiety and with a healthy regard for it's addictive properties I decided to bite the bullet and ordered a gram of Tia Sulfate from a company (I won't name yet as I haven't spoken with them) that delivers from the UK. I received it, fab service and I was honestly quite excited to try this novel compound. After an allergy test I started with the suggested dose of 50mg using the microscoop included (empty stomach apart from coffee, phenibut, .5 clonazepam and 1-2g of Kratom) waited two hours, nothing. So i upped my dose to 100mg, again waited 2 hours nothing, maybe a slight placebo effect, so I did something quite irresposible and took another 300mg, thats nearly half a g and half my tub, by the evening there may have been some effect (smoked 2 joints also) felt a bit tired but no pronounced effects like other users have reported.

This morning (next day) I decided to try again and dosed 150mg on an empty stomach and only had 1g of phenibut and a cup of coffee. Took the dog out thinking I will certainly be able to feel it kicking in if i'm out and about having to interact with other humans, still little to no effect. ROA - I have been just putting the powder on my tongue and washing it down with water. At this point i'm pretty dissappointed and would like to know if in any one with significant experience with Tia could advise me as to whether I am just expecting too much from this or did I maybe just buy a bunk batch. I was hoping for something to give me a lift and maybe a bit of fun and relief for a day or two now and then, Something in my arsenal against this shitty disease.

I am well versed in addiction and after many years I absolutely know where my limits are and am very careful with what I do, when I do it and how I do it so although I appreciate the concern please no lectures on the dangers of addiction, I know Tia is not something to be taken lightly.

Many thanks, Blue

Welcome to bluelight, glad to have you.

We don't allow discussion of vendors or any form of sourcing so it's a preferable that you didn't post the vendor name.

As for tianeptine, I have always found it to be astonishingly weak and surprisingly addicting for the strength. It also seemed to jack my tolerance way the fuck up too. It is honestly one of the most pathetic drugs i've tried. Maybe it just doesn't do much for some people. Also with your previous opiate addiction I imagine that your receptors will very quickly adapt and negate most of the euphoric properties of tianeptine.

Tianeptine isn't worth it, if you absolutely need an opiate in your life then kratom will be a much better suited. Kratom can form into a serious addiction as well, so don't be fooled, I have been addicted to it for 5 years and it's miserable.

It's probably because you ordered tianeptine sulfate (and not tianeptine sodium).

The fast acting recreational form of tianeptine is the sodium. That said you should feel some opioid effects from 150mg of the sulfate if you have no tolerance. Nevertheless it is far more subtle than tianeptine sodium. Eventually tianeptine sulfate does have clear and unmistakable opioid properties, obvious pupil constriction, etc.

I really did enjoy taking large doses of tianeptine sodium around 3-4 years ago. Very large single oral doses lasted forever, i'd feel it for a solid 24 hours. Of course those cases often included severe side effects, like vomiting. I got a bit of a habit eventually and took it daily for a few months at around 1.5g a day. The withdrawal was not fun but relatively short (kratom helped).

Yet in more recent years my attempts to enjoy tianeptine sodium have been met with frustration. I don't feel the same high at all, but definitely all the side-effects. The euphoria is a fraction of what it used to be. Not sure if its me or if the synthesis quality of tianeptine has changed.

Maybe its good it didn't work for you (and that you didn't get sodium) because it is very addictive stuff.

On a side note I have a bit of a phenibut habit. Or perhaps more than a bit (4g/night). You mention taking part of your phenibut during the day? How does that work for you? I take my entire 4g all in one dose at night. Personally I hate the stuff, I only got on phenibut after quiting gabapentin and get crushed by the brutal insomnia.

Hey there, Ill start with saying that I've had a great deal of experience with tianeptine recently and many other substances in the past similar to you.

First-
Phenibut and tianeptine do not have a good synergy. They cancel each other out in my experience, though the science behind it doesn't quite make sense for me. Same thing with Kratom and tia, which that one at least makes sense with opioid receptors.

Second- As the others said, sodium is the more potent one. Duration is usually 3-4 hrs max however whereas sulfate lasts significantly longer. It helps to blend the 2 to prevent a 2-3hr constant redose

Third- Tianeptine, when used right, is definitely one of my favorite substances. It is great for high functioning people such as myself. On the other end..the WD's suck ass. No joke, worse than h, fent, phenibut... If you let your tolerance get out of control you will suffer. Trust me, I just attempted a CT from 12gpd. Got 3 days and felt like death so I caved. Using it as a drastic taper instead.

If you have any specific questions feel free to shoot me a message..stay safe!

It's probably because you ordered tianeptine sulfate (and not tianeptine sodium).

The fast acting recreational form of tianeptine is the sodium. That said you should feel some opioid effects from 150mg of the sulfate if you have no tolerance. Nevertheless it is far more subtle than tianeptine sodium. Eventually tianeptine sulfate does have clear and unmistakable opioid properties, obvious pupil constriction, etc.

I really did enjoy taking large doses of tianeptine sodium around 3-4 years ago. Very large single oral doses lasted forever, i'd feel it for a solid 24 hours. Of course those cases often included severe side effects, like vomiting. I got a bit of a habit eventually and took it daily for a few months at around 1.5g a day. The withdrawal was not fun but relatively short (kratom helped).

Yet in more recent years my attempts to enjoy tianeptine sodium have been met with frustration. I don't feel the same high at all, but definitely all the side-effects. The euphoria is a fraction of what it used to be. Not sure if its me or if the synthesis quality of tianeptine has changed.

Maybe its good it didn't work for you (and that you didn't get sodium) because it is very addictive stuff.

On a side note I have a bit of a phenibut habit. Or perhaps more than a bit (4g/night). You mention taking part of your phenibut during the day? How does that work for you? I take my entire 4g all in one dose at night. Personally I hate the stuff, I only got on phenibut after quiting gabapentin and get crushed by the brutal insomnia.
Reading your reply sounded like myself. I’m almost 100% positive that a lot of producers of tianeptine have changed their recipe.

So it definitely doesn’t feel the same. It kinda reminds me what has happened to meth also with a comparison to the 90’s meth to the 2000’s meth. A lot of differences.

And taking phenibut like how you were taking tht I made tht same mistake. When I first found phenibut I was taking 3 plus G’s a day until one night three weeks into the phenibut binge I just couldn’t get to sleep and I didn’t sleep for a week and a half.