• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Threw up morning Methadone dose!

Lifee

Greenlighter
So this morning around 20 minutes or so after taking my daily MMT dose @90mg , I ended up throwing it up. I managed to puke into a plastic container as I really did not want to waste a dose. I know that it is pretty disgusting to a lot of people, I am just wondering if I will get the majority of my dose this morning?

Also I?ve been dealing with naseau pretty bad in the mornings recently, this is the 2nd/3rd dose that I would have thrown up this week. The fake cherry flavor and the thick syrup is pretty nasty and doesn?t sit the best in my stomach.

Yeah man, that shit is nasty. It makes me feel sick regularly. They say at my clinic that it only takes about 10 mins or so for the done to get in your system, seems kind of wuick to me but im no doctor.
If you miss a day youll be totally fine if youve been on a stable dose for a while. Maybe even two but youll probably start to feel it creeping up but you should be ok.
Idk if I could stomach eating cold methadone puke, especially if regular methadone makes you sick!

Thanks for the reply! 10 minutes seems kind of quick, however I can?t find a solid answer on how quick exactly, but every source I check seems to say it is absorbed rapidly. I did manage to stomach the puke from earlier and held it down for about a little over 2 hours ish. I did puke that up later though and it was nasty. Still tasted like the juice! Maybe it is just the cherry flavoring and other inactives left from the syrup.

Sounds like you could use a med like Zofran or promethazine, taken about a 1/2 hour or hour before your dose. Your stomach may also be a little off in the morning if you haven't eaten so you could try Tums to neutralize the PH in your stomach or eat a piece of bread. I take Prilosec in the morning with my methadone but I only take 10 mgs of Methadone 3x a day for pain. I used to feel sick very often when I started on Methadone and a friend recommended Zantac. So, as you can see, there are a lot of OTC and prescription medications that can help you. Give a few a try and see what you think. Just hit the antacid aisle at the store.

Last edited:
Good morning BL'ers just wanted to throw in my 2 cents... I've been on methadone for 2 1/2 years now. My councelor and I have talked about this 2 or 3 times now. I've told her a few times that I was sick and almost threw up my dose... and everytime she has told me as long as I held my dose in my stomach for at least 10 to 15 mins everything is fine and that it should be in my blood stream already and not wasted at all. Hope this helps... And BTW I would have drank my methadone throw up too. If you're on methadone then you probably have done other dirty things in your life by now. You have probably seen sum shit ya feel me? Njoy your day!