• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Threshold dose for MDMA

Phobos

Bluelighter
Hi, as title says, what is people's experience in regards to the minimum dose needed to feel like you are experiencing a light MDMA high, not a full on roll.

I tried a one time at 50mg and one at 80mg and did not feel like I was on MDMA at all, it was like a calm a bit stoned and thoughtful state but no happiness at 50mg and a bit of antidepressant effect at 80mg.
No increased sociability, no energy, no jaw clenching, no euphoria...
That batch was fire btw as I dosed higher on different days and it was
epic.
I didn't understand that as I hear of people dropping quarter pills meaning having light rolls on what can't be more than 60mg?

I use to do small lines of mdma like it was ritalin convicing myself it was just as good and making me smarter but this was not the case. My tolerance now is very high to mdma and if im going to roll i will use no less than 200 mg mdma to feel it. I can feel some effect of mdma at lower doses but its not rolling. at 20-30 mg it might keep me more alert than coffee for 2 hours

I also never understood why people would eat a quarter of a pill first. I'm around 95kg, and if I take something like 60-80mg I do feel something, but it doesn't put me over the threshold. It's more annoying than a roll. For a proper roll I need 120-140mg, depending on the batch. I'm still looking for the perfect dose, which isn't made easier by how different all the batches/pills are. The goal would be to have good MDMA and know exactly how much of the first dose is needed :).

I’ve tried smaller doses and while they can be ok (compared to a sober state..) they just don’t hold a candle to a proper solid dose and feels like a waste in comparison. My belief is people who like these doses may have not truly tried a proper larger dose before or they just like really light fluffy experiences.

I had one decent experience on 50mg one time but there was alcohol and Gabapentin mixed in as well.. The rest have been lackluster and made me crave it more.

That was thing I remember during the drought around 2010. I could still find decent product but it was so few a far between I wound up dosing too low a few times and completely wasting it.

5-MAPB for the win with its linear dosing making every level of empathogenic bliss attainable. I absolutely love 10-20mg of peebs. It’s light but still such a good time.

I was actually introduced to the lower doses by a friend when I gave him and his girl a few caps of peebs. He told me how 10mg was all they needed for a night of light stimulation and fun. My first time trying 20mg I was blown away and often wonder if it may actually shine more at these much lower than average doses.

Also back to MDMA.. Research shows time and again effects are diminished when a small dose is taken followed by larger ones. I once performed this experiment myself. I had some blue blank Chi Mints, lab tested before at 75mg MDMA 25mg MDA. (They felt exactly that as well after trying.). I took a half (50mg MDxx) followed by a full an hour or so later. I never really got up there to my normal spot but it did seem to last particularly long even for an MDA/MDMA combo press. It was enjoyable but just not AS enjoyable as the way I’m used to.

-GC

Agree with above, biggest intended dose to start is better than a small one hoping to top up.
Thredhold? Not sure why you would bother and it is very dependant on body weight but:
Oral 80mg if you weigh more than 80kg this may not be enough
Insuffulation slightly less but very miniscule difference

First of all: if you did not test your dose, you cannot be sure it was 3,4-MDMA at all, nor that this 50mg contained 2.2mMols of the racemic 3,4-MDMA molecules.

Hi, as title says, what is people's experience in regards to the minimum dose needed to feel like you are experiencing a light MDMA high, not a full on roll.
The initial investigation of MDMA starts at 80mg for a reason.
Many sources recommend 1.5mg/kg of body mass for men and 1.3mg/kg for women. but a 10mg of pure racemic 3,4-MDMA HCl would be detectable for a non-obese person.

I tried a one time at 50mg and one at 80mg and did not feel like I was on MDMA at all, it was like a calm a bit stoned and thoughtful state but no happiness at 50mg and a bit of antidepressant effect at 80mg.
For 40 years a 80mg dose of racemic 3,4-MDMA HCl was enough for most people, but recently the doses doubled as is evident in this report from Switzerland.

mdma-contaminants-20017-2018-png.14680

No increased sociability, no energy, no jaw clenching, no euphoria...
That thread is about this problem.

Last edited:
First of all: if you did not test your dose, you cannot be sure it was 3,4-MDMA at all.

The initial investigation of MDMA starts at 80mg for a reason.
Many sources recommend 1.5mg/kg of body mass for men and 1.3mg/kg for women. but a 50mg of racemic 3,4-MDMA HCl would be detectable for a non-obese person.

For 40 years a 80mg dose of racemic 3,4-MDMA HCl was enough for most people, but recently the doses doubled as is evident in this report from Switzerland.

mdma-contaminants-20017-2018-png.14680

That thread is about this problem.

Well, the 100mg reports in pihkal are clearly sub threshold.
Never saw trip reports of 80mg that would qualify for above threshold except for smaller people.
I am not speaking about what is a dosage for distinguishing from placebo, I specified a light MDMA high.
For me 1.5mg/kg make sense, I'd be taking about 110mg, although I should adjust a bit probably as I have far less fat and more muscle than average Joe, meaning more blood.
But even without that, 110mg are above threshold for me.

That report doesn't say how much people take, just how much is on pills.

And I took more than 80mg from the same batch as I said in the first post.
That was just a sub threshold dose of good MDMA.

Last edited:
That report doesn't say how much people take, just how much is on pills.
That is very true. I'd love to get a survey results with the time evolution of doses, that people actually take.
As it is now, I have to assume that the market forces follow people's desired dosages.

That is very true. I'd love to get a survey results with the time evolution of doses, that people actually take.
As it is now, I have to assume that the market forces follow people's desired dosages.

Well, for all I know pills contain more MDMA now but people might have been taking multiple pills at once and/or in one session in the past more than now.

One reason I think for pills being bigger is that it is easier for dealers, less sales to distribute same quantity, plus it could have just been a marketing driven dose creep with pressers attempting to press stronger and stronger pills to provide customers with the impression that they were getting a better deal.

Well, for all I know pills contain more MDMA now but people might have been taking multiple pills at once and/or in one session in the past more than now.

Yeh, double dropping used to be pretty much the norm, whereas these days taking half seems to be the norm.

Estimated Threshold MDMA Dose: 60 to 70 mg of the dry, hydrochloride salt form.

Optimum Dose Range For MDMA Per Every 1.5 to 3 Hours: 100 to 150 mg po.

Mh I see, in the first post I specified a light high, I meant threshold as in threshold to feel all the effects including a mild euphoria and killing anxiety.
Low doses seem to be sometimes even dysphoric.

If it’s good shit 80-90mg can be a good experience for a lot of people from what I’ve seen. Has to be really pure though..

Not to get too specific but years back we always capped at 90mg and people would be rolling so hard. This was during or right after the drought though so no one besides older users had a tolerance at the time. I’ve also always been lucky in what I find it seems, karma is real.

I’d say 80mg would probably be as light as I’d go for decent but minimal effects. Any lower is a waste..

As for threshold, I can feel like 5-10mg but as you said it’s not like a positive effect. I just know I have a substance in my body to some extent and I feel altered but a waste compared to taking more.

I think the frequency issue with MDMA also effects my decision on dosage. For a drug that I only want to use 5-7 times a year tops, I want each experience to be a good one. No time for duds.

-GC

If it’s good shit 80-90mg can be a good experience for a lot of people from what I’ve seen. Has to be really pure though..

Not to get too specific but years back we always capped at 90mg and people would be rolling so hard. This was during or right after the drought though so no one besides older users had a tolerance at the time. I’ve also always been lucky in what I find it seems, karma is real.

I’d say 80mg would probably be as light as I’d go for decent but minimal effects. Any lower is a waste..

As for threshold, I can feel like 5-10mg but as you said it’s not like a positive effect. I just know I have a substance in my body to some extent and I feel altered but a waste compared to taking more.

I think the frequency issue with MDMA also effects my decision on dosage. For a drug that I only want to use 5-7 times a year tops, I want each experience to be a good one. No time for duds.

-GC

80/90 was very common in california rave scene pills when the mdma was super good. It was enough to feel something strongly enough as well. You still need 1 n a half for full blown, but 1 was very noticeable.

I've had an entire group of 10+ people rolling off of 50mg intranasal each.

Also once I plugged 40-42mg of MDMA and had a pretty strong experience - given, it may have been mixed with a little 4-ho-met.