Thoughts on Weird Hormone Swings/Symptoms

Swim15

Bluelighter
Gonna try and keep this short although theres a lot of history.

From the point at which I got on TRT I have rarely, ever ever, needed an AI. The only times I have are typically when test has been above 1500mg per week or running something with strong estrogen conversion like dbol.

Fast forward to the past ~9-10 months. Been having issues with erections, energy, drive, etc. I?m still playing around but have been changing doses and playing with an AI over the past few months. So far I seemed to have determined a couple things -

1. Whereas I never needed an AI before, except on high doses, Ive started needing one at lower doses (~600 per week or more). Have found that roughly 0.2mg Arimidex twice a week will work on moderate dosages but still feel like shit the day or two after taking the adex with mental fog and lethargy for whatever reason even though more or less provides worse results.

2. Lowering the dose and spacing them out more (every 4-5 days with test phenylprop) has me feeling much better, sex drive up, much higher energy, need less sleep, etc

3. I feel best the days before an injection and the day immediately after an injection has me tired, experiencing brain fog, etc.

Normally symptoms like these seem to correlate to low estrogen in almost every case Ive seen, typically due to AI overuse. Here though, it almost seems like the opposite is correlating with spikes in test levels causing lethargy? Trying to get some ideas.

Also, no, I dont have bloods. The last I had drawn had my estrogen at 300+ but I felt fantastic so Im going to say the typical ranges are worthless on supraphysiological doses of test, at least for me.

On another note I also wanted to see if anyone had a graph or research data on the average (if there is one lol) pharmacokinetics of estrogen conversion following testosterone injections over time? Im assuming I could take a good guess as to what that would look like with e2 trailing behind T levels in a peak/trough fashion but couldnt actually find anything like that.

I don't really have much useful theoretical insight I'm afraid. All I can say is that just because something worked in the past, don't assume it'll stay that way forever, unfortunately. So definitely give a few things a try.

As for pharmacokinetic graphs like that, actually there probably are some somewhere, possibly as part of other studies into TRT. But in terms of the general picture, E2 lags quite a bit compared to test and has a longer half-life, so builds throughout a cycle for longer, and has a much less volatile (smoother, more stable) blood concentration profile. Also some compounds are more prone to enhancing the transcription/production of aromatase than others (winstrol, for example, but there are some comparisons, that I forget tbh).

Just to follow up on this, I had two rounds of fucking things up before I got it right.

I spent the past couple weeks paying extremely close attention to energy/mood/libido and found that I generally felt like shit after my test dose (150mf TPP and 250mg TE). Slowly but noticeably, I started to feel better and better each day removed from the dose until I felt normal/good energy/returned libido and erections on day 7 post shot. I repeated this twice with the exact same outcome each time.

After two identical rounds of that, I dropped my dose to a single shot of 225mg TPP based on some logs I looked back at over the past two years. Ive sinde done two 225mg doses and have felt spot on the days following with good energy, erections, and libido.

Estrogen was definitely too high for some reason (considering Ive never used an AI in the past 5 years until this past December/January) but Ive found it weirder that I could never dial in the AI dosage to a place where where I felt good. I experimented with dosing every 3 days coinciding with my injections to as frequently as every day with much smaller doses and always could never get things lined up to where I didnt feel like shit for more than a day. And now that I do feel good Im aware how much I felt like shit and didn’t notice at times.

Currently dosing 225mg TPP every 4 days (only two shots in so still early but always felt good on this in the past) so I’m going to continue that and only use anabolics with no conversion if I add anything in for the future right now.

Not sure if this will help anyone but found it interesting at least. Will continue on this for a while and get some blood work done to see what the sweet spot is for the numbers.

I’ve always had trouble with finding the sweet spot of arimidex, but it became necessary when I ran Tren to stop / slow Gyno on one side.

I’ve always figured I had really high estrogen on cycles but managed to just deal with it because I couldn’t really tell, but once I took 1 mg of arimidex EOD and by the 3rd dose I had already crashed my estrogen completely and had terrible soreness in joints and felt like shit.

Sometimes I wonder if it’s even necessary, I’m about a month of sustanon and my sex drive has been pretty shit, and I have some arimidex left. I think I’m gonna take some and see if I still have high estrogen lingering.

The only thing I can say on Test to Estrogen ratio is it seemed by the 3rd day post shots of Long acting esters I would get the worst estrogen related effects, I would be curious to see a graph as well

Hey Swim,

You have helped me so much with your answers. Hope I can help you with following experience.

Here are my Arimidex dosages for different testosterone dosages to keep estradiol in reference or slightly above which results for me in a well sex drive, energy etc.

500mg testosterone enanthate
-> estradiol 90pg/ml (<44)

1000mg testosterone enanthate
0,5mg Arimidex e2d
-> estradiol 71pg/ml (<44)

1500mg testosterone enanthate
0,5mg Arimidex e2d
-> estradiol 99pg/ml (<44)

Generally to boost sex drive, energy etc. I can highly recommend adding some DHT like drostanalone (maybe only 200mg per week in relation to your testosterone dosage) which also acts as a mild estrogen receptor inhibitor.