• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Thoughts on subcutaneous use of heroin.

Zippy H

Greenlighter
I'm getting older and have been IVing heroin and to a lesser extent (rarely) coke meth morphine. As I guess can be expected for pushing 60, my veins just aren't what they once were.
I've tried switching to snorting but cringe at the amount of stuff wasted that way. I remember a couple guys from back in the day that talked about popping the stuff.
Was curious does anyone else have experience? To me it seems like missing on purpose. Thanks.

Subcutaneous and intramuscular route of administration are both incredibly dangerous with impure street heroin. They are, in fact, the same thing that happens with a missed intravenous shot, to a point - and those can lead to infected abscesses, blood infections, endocarditis and pulmonary emboli. You really need medical grade product and sterile equipment, combined with perfect techniques and sterile procedure, to even begin to think about going those parenteral routes of administration. Intrarectal would be your next best option, if bioavailability is a concern. It's worth noting fentanyl has an extremely high intranasal bioavailability, as well.

Subcutaneous and intramuscular route of administration are both incredibly dangerous with impure street heroin. They are, in fact, the same thing that happens with a missed intravenous shot, to a point - and those can lead to infected abscesses, blood infections, endocarditis and pulmonary emboli. You really need medical grade product and sterile equipment, combined with perfect techniques and sterile procedure, to even begin to think about going those parenteral routes of administration. Intrarectal would be your next best option, if bioavailability is a concern. It's worth noting fentanyl has an extremely high intranasal bioavailability, as well.
So the rectal way actually works?
Kinda hard to ask this, but how far in(deep) do I have to get the syringe?
Just insert, push the plunger and that's it?
Thanks for the info.

So the rectal way actually works?
Kinda hard to ask this, but how far in(deep) do I have to get the syringe?
Just insert, push the plunger and that's it?
Thanks for the info.

Rectal works pretty good, nothing is IV but eventually ya gotta hang up that towel anyways.. Push it in to about your second knuckle on your middle fingers worth of distance.

Yup dissolve in minimal water and do it up. Not a bad way to go but make sure you aren’t constipated.

-GC

I guess it does work pretty well. Get past what you are doing and its not so bad. Did kinda trigger some hilarious party scenarios in my head though. Thanks for the info.