Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • H&R Moderators: chinup | VerbalTruist | n3ophy7e
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Those with long term sobriety from Meth/stims

acc15ord

Greenlighter
Personally,
I don't know a single person local or online that has been able to kick meth use for longer than 90 days. 90 days is also my personal best...of course this was rehab clean time..

If there is anyone out there with a year + my question to you is how do did you manage the complete lack of energy day after day? Even after the initial week long sleep/comedown?

I do not think I could possibly function at work and evening school if I were to quit now...Its more then the "willpower" at this point too..energy drinks wouldn't work and the anhedonia would cripple me physically and mentally.. I am 32 and contemplating creating a maintenance program like the methadone I am on. (Legally) possibly measure out a daily dose with some empty capsules etc..this way I don't lose my income sources and could switch from smoking throughout the day to taking one capsule in a m with vitamin etc....

Sorry I am rambling....basically - how have you stayed clean (or even tapered down to low enough dose that you don't get spun etc) what is the key here??

Also should add I am a daily user since Dec 2018

Perforated

Moderator: SLR, DC
Staff member
I kicked it for 4 years after a daily IV habit that lasted 6 months. The way I did it was to take anti-psychotics daily, take small amounts of prescribed dexamfetamine, and swim laps and do yoga almost every day.

I also went back to college and started an MA to give my life some purpose and get some goals. And it helped that I fell in love and started a meaningful relationship. I also moved 100 miles away from all my meth-related contacts.

The actual physical and mental withdrawal effects subsided over a couple of months and the exercise is what really killed them.

I only became hooked again after 4 years when the relationship broke down and I got stuck in extended Covid lockdown. Changing to smoking didn’t help since the act of smoking became quite addictive itself.

acc15ord

Greenlighter
I kicked it for 4 years after a daily IV habit that lasted 6 months. The way I did it was to take anti-psychotics daily, take small amounts of prescribed dexamfetamine, and swim laps and do yoga almost every day.

I also went back to college and started an MA to give my life some purpose and get some goals. And it helped that I fell in love and started a meaningful relationship. I also moved 100 miles away from all my meth-related contacts.

The actual physical and mental withdrawal effects subsided over a couple of months and the exercise is what really killed them.

I only became hooked again after 4 years when the relationship broke down and I got stuck in extended Covid lockdown. Changing to smoking didn’t help since the act of smoking became quite addictive itself.
I completely understand about the relationship thing...my then fiance would hallucinate that I was cheating on her, had females in the closet every night etc. I tried to talk her down all the time and one day she and her mom went on vacation. Didn't hear a word until her mom came for her things and reassured me it was "ok" because I was starting to lose it..I tried messaging her mom the next day and got a " we don't mean I any harmn but want to move on. Please don't contact"...and that was it...no goodbye no reasoning, think she went to rehab in her hometown but still....that was 2019.. July 21. Its messed with me more then anything..she truly believed I hated her was cheating etc bc she couldn't handle her meth...and probably had no idea I gave it a year waiting everyday for a call or something...fuck