• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Game This or That?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorbet

If:
Joseph Campbell — 'The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.'

Mystic or psychotic?

Partner is my best friend.... So take me, MF! Hahahahaha ;)

Law & Order or 24 (w/ Jack Bower)?

Romance as it lasts longer and usually builds to sex. :)

Needy or giving?

There is Law & Order UK that's pretty bad-ass, IMO.
Also the series MI5 as well as Midsummer Murders.

Filthy sloppabottomus

Do you answer This or That questions from one perspective/way only or multiple?

Some of the questions are easy and I just immediately instinctively know which I'd pick. For harder ones (harder to me, I mean) I consider both options and go for either the best (if they're both good) or the least terrible (if they're both bad).

Reading books about drugs - true stories/autobiographical or fiction?

Some of the questions are easy and I just immediately instinctively know which I'd pick. For harder ones (harder to me, I mean) I consider both options and go for either the best (if they're both good) or the least terrible (if they're both bad).

Reading books about drugs - true stories/autobiographical or fiction?
hey chemical hope your well.

Got any good book recommendations ive only read about 7 proper books most of them being harry potter the other 3 being monster island(9/10 amazing) monster nation(10/10 even better) and the final sequel(monster planet)(again amazing story telling about a fictional apocalypse virus and very long books to ive never read a book directly about drugs and such.

Ps sorry if my grammar is off my vision is blurry and i have to squint one eye and shut the other just to see properly.

hey chemical hope your well.

Got any good book recommendations ive only read about 7 proper books most of them being harry potter the other 3 being monster island(9/10 amazing) monster nation(10/10 even better) and the final sequel(monster planet)(again amazing story telling about a fictional apocalypse virus and very long books to ive never read a book directly about drugs and such.

Ps sorry if my grammar is off my vision is blurry and i have to squint one eye and shut the other just to see properly.

Hey :) I'm good thanks. Hope you are too?
Are you wanting suggestions for drug books in particular?

Hey :) I'm good thanks. Hope you are too?
Are you wanting suggestions for drug books in particular?
well yeah i guess something to do with opiates specifically in this order first being the most wanted, codeine, heroin, dihydrocodeine and poppyseeds/poppy pods/opium i want something new to learn about these drugs something interesting you know 👌

well yeah i guess something to do with opiates specifically in this order first being the most wanted, codeine, heroin, dihydrocodeine and poppyseeds/poppy pods/opium i want something new to learn about these drugs something interesting you know 👌

Sure, I've been quite into reading about that, too actually:

Requiem for a Dream, Hubert Selby Jr - 9/10 from me, although it's written in a strange way that's kinda hard to get used to. A very rare case of the movie actually being slightly better but I just love the story so much. About 4 people (the "main" guy, his best friend, his girlfriend and his mother) living on Coney Island who initially seem to live in a state of euphoria as drugs brighten their lives and seem to be helping them achieve their dreams...but as their addiction deepen they fall deeper and deeper into a hellish nightmare. Three of the four of them are addicted to heroin, btw. Very dark and probably the most disturbing non-horror. Will stay with you. (fiction, but based on the writers opioid addiction)

Trainspotting (and it's prequel and sequels), Irvine Welsh - 8.5/10 - absolutely lives up to the hype! Way better than the movie (which is pretty damn good itself). I can't tell you how much I love almost everything by Irvine Welsh. 4 Scottish friends deal with general drug abuse, with significant focus on heroin. Gritty and realistic and it manages to be genuinely funny in places despite the subject matter. Unfortunate, like with Requiem for a Dream - the writing is initially off-putting as it is written phonetically (words are spelled the way the Scottish pronounce them, and there is a lot of slang) - this put me off on my first attempt to read it as it took me like 15 minutes to read 3 pages, but you honestly get completely used to it by the end of the first chapter and I found myself barely noticing so it's totally worth persevering through the first 10 or so pages. (fiction)

The Basketball Diaries, Jim Carroll - no rating yet as I'm still reading it - literally the diary from his youth (ages 13-15) where he slides further and further into addiction. At first to substances in general, but soon he becomes a hard-core heroin addict. Great if you aren't really used to reading as it is pretty short (210 pages) and very easy to read. I love it so far. (autobiographical, the authors actual diary). Only the begging deals with basketball, before he's truly in the grip of addiction.

Those are the only opioid-centric one's I can think of right now, but I'll let you know if more come to me. If you're interested in books that deal with other drugs, the following are all great:

Tweak: Growing up on Methamphetamine, Nic Sheff (autobiographical - meth/heroin/cocaine/weed/alcohol)
We all Fall Down, Nic Sheff (sequel to the above - weed/alcohol)
A Million Little Pieces, James Frey (mostly autobiographical with some scenes "exaggerated or fictionalized for entertainment purposes" - alcohol/cocaine/glue/general drugs)
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Hunter S. Thompson (fiction, but based on his real experiences - alcohol/ether/mescaline/LSD/ether/cocaine/general drugs)

Please post any replies on one of the books threads under the "words" section :) we're kinda derailing this thread lol.

Thank god someone pulled this back...

Back/side definitely.

Ice cubes: Trays or automatic?

Trays because we don;t have those automatic things outside of America (or maybe we do very recently but I'd never heard of it)...although if you have an automatic why would anyone bother with trays?

You have to pick one - golden shower or icy cold shower (in winter)?

Status
Not open for further replies.