View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Thinking of IM'ing Ketamine

Fairy of the Flowers

Greenlighter
I've had enough of shit weak K, it does my head in, I'm not made of money, I can afford it every 2 weeks at a push, then if I get sold week ass shit it's a slap in the face, waiting 2 weeks for payday looking forward to some K fun and bring disappointed, I also bought some the day before my birthday and it done fuck all, it was weak and yes I have a slight tolerance, but tbh it's definitely weak, rocky K, I'd had stronger stuff maybe a week begore or so that worked, a different batch

I've bought 2 lots online few weeks ago and didn't like that either, but my friend who IM's said it's brilliant, snorting it wasn't, so I'm tempted to IM

I did buy some "ketamine grains" online a while ago and ended up splitting my knee open, I needed steri-strips, thing is I don't remember falling over, didn't feel anything talk about anesthesic lol, hours later I'm sat down look at my knee and there's a hole in my leggings, blood all down me and a huge gash in my knee, so K obviously works sniffing it if it's decent and I've not done it for a while, I just have no fucking idea how that happened lol, I have a huge scar

Anyway I've had a few tips on how to IM but everyone has their own opinions and the 2 ml needle looks so big and long for my thighs so I'm scared, I'm an ex heroin addict so cooking up K in a spoon and using needles after 19 years will be strange lol

So I'm in two minds, but if the K don't start doing it's job I'm doing trying IM

I've had enough of shit weak K, it does my head in, I'm not made of money, I can afford it every 2 weeks at a push, then if I get sold week ass shit it's a slap in the face, waiting 2 weeks for payday looking forward to some K fun and bring disappointed, I also bought some the day before my birthday and it done fuck all, it was weak and yes I have a slight tolerance, but tbh it's definitely weak, rocky K, I'd had stronger stuff maybe a week begore or so that worked, a different batch

I've bought 2 lots online few weeks ago and didn't like that either, but my friend who IM's said it's brilliant, snorting it wasn't, so I'm tempted to IM

I did buy some "ketamine grains" online a while ago and ended up splitting my knee open, I needed steri-strips, thing is I don't remember falling over, didn't feel anything talk about anesthesic lol, hours later I'm sat down look at my knee and there's a hole in my leggings, blood all down me and a huge gash in my knee, so K obviously works sniffing it if it's decent and I've not done it for a while, I just have no fucking idea how that happened lol, I have a huge scar

Anyway I've had a few tips on how to IM but everyone has their own opinions and the 2 ml needle looks so big and long for my thighs so I'm scared, I'm an ex heroin addict so cooking up K in a spoon and using needles after 19 years will be strange lol

So I'm in two minds, but if the K don't start doing it's job I'm doing trying IM
Have you considered plugging?
That way you can avoid the spoon and syringe and just prep your hit in a shot glass and use a calpol syringe. No need to filter etc. Its just as strong as IM in fact sometimes stronger. IM isnt actually much stronger than snorting imo.
Just have an empty asshole prior lol. Have a shit for or give yourself an enema.

IM might not be *that much* stronger than snorting (I don't really agree here), but it's a lot less wasteful (no clumping in your nostrils, falling off, etc). 70 mg is enough for K-hole territory. Plugging requires ridiculous amounts to get any kind of effect. In my experience, 80 mg plugged was about the equivalent of 10-20 mg IM.
The erowid dosage chart is generally accurate: https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/ketamine/ketamine_dose.shtml

If you're going to IM, I'd say get 27 or 28 gauge 1 mL syringes. If possible for you, visit your local needle exchange and ask for disposable micron filters.

EDIT:

Upon research it seems the recommended needle length and gauge is completely different from what I'm used to! Being a wiry person I've never had issues with a 27 gauge, 1/2" long needle but that is not what I'm seeing in the literature.

A 1" needle of gauge 22-25 seems to be the standard for IM.

Last edited:
IM might not be *that much* stronger than snorting (I don't really agree here), but it's a lot less wasteful (no clumping in your nostrils, falling off, etc). 70 mg is enough for K-hole territory. Plugging requires ridiculous amounts to get any kind of effect. In my experience, 80 mg plugged was about the equivalent of 10-20 mg IM.
The erowid dosage chart is generally accurate: https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/ketamine/ketamine_dose.shtml

If you're going to IM, I'd say get 27 or 28 gauge 1 mL syringes. If possible for you, visit your local needle exchange and ask for disposable micron filters.
Those dosage charts only apply to ppl with little to no tolerance.
Yes IM is way better than snorting, no runny nose etc etc but the come up isn't much different, nothing on the rush of IV.

Have you considered plugging?
No because you need a dam site more to get the same effect as snorting it

70 mg is enough for K-hole territory.

I need to make my way through a whole gram to get a K hole, after a tolerance break and even then like today it didn't happen, nor did it the last 4 times or so, I've not even done K much in the last few months so the K around here is obviously shit, I might just try buying online again as it's cleaner and not bashed and give it a go

Right then payday a week Monday I might actually try it out and get all my supplies ready and just go for it, I can't keep wasting K can I, it's so much money for a skint ass person like me

If you're going to IM, I'd say get 27 or 28 gauge 1 mL syringes. If possible for you, visit your local needle exchange and ask for disposable micron filters

That's what I thought, but I've been told 2ml off a mate but the needle looks absolutely huge and I've only got thin arms, I could go in my thigh but the size of the needle is crazy, I'd feel like I'd touch bone, everyone is different I'm a girl so I'm thinner

We don't get free micron filters in UK and even back when I had a heroin addiction at went to the needle exchange we'd sometimes get filters, but no little cookers or vails of water back then lol

Also I keep hearing different things, I got told put the long needle strait in, no angle but then I read on the net it need to be put in at a 90 degree angle, then net says 1-1 and a half inch for IM but then I get told big needle on a 2ml barral and sink needle all the way in, I'm so confused

@Fairy of the Flowers
Go in very outer tops of your legs mate or butt cheek. Straight in from a sat down position is fine.
Massage area before and more importantly after.
Itll be way less sore if you dart it in rather than push in slow, man up youll thank yourself later!

You can get 3 different length or size 'heads' for the 2ml in the uk pharmacys, orange is smallest, then blue, then green
Ive used orange before its only a little bigger than a 1ml and quite short u dont need to go all the way in just least an inch/1.5 inch. Get orange.

Use as much water as possible see if you can get the 3ml. Have fun stay safe

There's tons of Youtube tutorials for IMing, and all of them say stick it in at 90°.
All the needles I've ever tried were ½" long, but on those nursing tutorials I'm seeing longer ones too, so IDK.

IME it's better on the contrary to use as little water as possible, otherwise it will hurt like hell for hours afterwards. Ketamine has great solubility, and your desired dose will dissolve in a fraction of a mL. I even used to re-boil it whenever I found I'd put in too much water.

There's tons of Youtube tutorials for IMing, and all of them say stick it in at 90°.
All the needles I've ever tried were ½" long, but on those nursing tutorials I'm seeing longer ones too, so IDK.

IME it's better on the contrary to use as little water as possible, otherwise it will hurt like hell for hours afterwards. Ketamine has great solubility, and your desired dose will dissolve in a fraction of a mL. I even used to re-boil it whenever I found I'd put in too much water.
I always heard/thought more water was better for IM as it'll spread through a bigger area in the muscle and also not be such a harsh solution. I might try it with less to compare. I was pretty sore for a few days last time I IMd, but i did do at least 3 or 4 shots in each leg while drunk and i re used the needle or maybe i used 2 needles but it was all I had. Plus i was too pissed to be being responsible/thoughtful enough so i wasnt massaging the area after either.
The massaging really makes a big difference.
It will be a little sore. You are rupturing the muscle at the end of the day. The first time is the worst. Checking out a few different YouTube tutorials first is a very good idea.

Yes I'll look in the tutorials thankyou, I did get some hints and tips off @matt<3ketamine he showed me a video of his technique but I thought I'd get as much information as I can, he showed me how to inject but he put it
strait in, no angle into his upper arm, a long needle, but my arms are to thin, he used the blue tops so what length is that? It looked about 2 inches but I could be wrong

I'll look on YouTube though for other injecting sites as I'd rather do my bum or thigh if I need a bigger needle than the "all in all one" orange top insulin needles everyone used back when I was on heroin lol, but yeah these I hear can snap off then the needle is stuck in your thigh etc lol, I think short needled orange could be okay for upper arms but not bum or thigh so I'll try and get blue top if I can because the exchange 19 years ago only gave out those insulin ones, not sure they supplied other types of syringes, and yes I will massage before and after and use alcohol wipes

But our exchange doesn't give out that water in a vials either, or cookers, I've never had a little cooker before, always used a spoon, times have changed I see all this parafinalia now that we just didn't have back then, I'd not even heard of a micron wheel till about a year ago lol, I think that will just confuse me, I buy some filters

I've got just over a week, it's next Monday I'm going to try get decent clean K, but sorting it all out before hand

Right I've got everything I need to IM and I have K, I'm confused at some of the stuff on Google and YouTube as some people say inject at a 90 degree angle, but then I watched a video where the bloke went strait into the top of his thigh like my mate showed me, so what's correct? and what's a 90 degree angle, slighty not strait I take it lol?

Should I do it with the 2ml syringe into my thigh like I've seen two people do? I have 1 mls would they be good for upper arm? They're easier to use as its what I use to use when I was a heroin addict lol the needle is connected to the barrel on those insulin ones

I have a K tolerance, I had my normal starter line which is about a 0.2 line nearly 2 hours ago because obviously I wanted it as soon as it arrived, but how much do I need to use if I'm going to IM it? A 0.1? Is that enough considering I've got a tolerance and sniffing 0.2 lines don't do much unless a top up strait after lol?

Also how long do I cook it for just till the K dissolves yeah?

I've messaged my K friend to help but I think he's still asleep so I'm eager and asking people on here before I just go ahead and do it myself from stuff I think I remember being told lol

100mg of ketamine is more than plenty to get someone very high when IMed, don't start with more than that
a 90 degree angle means straight into the muscle

I've just IM'd 0.2 and it didn't work, my friend thinks it's because I had a line a couple of hours before I did the IM so yeah I done everything right got step by step instructions and a 0.2mg didn't do anything, I've now saved a 0.3 to try another time and will inject it in my upper arm instead of thigh to see if that will work as injecting 0.2 into my thigh didn't do anything

IM is great but IMO more addictive since its so good.
I kept my K habit under control untill i started shooting. Jag
Then it took over more and more.
I ended up in a very bad place and took it almost daily for months..
After getting K cramps i finally stopped and now ive been sober for 7months

IM is great but IMO more addictive since its so good

It didn't do anything for me, I don't know why maybe it was the tolerance thing , but I'd hardly done any K recently and had never IM'd anything before, I'll try it in the top of my arm next time as maybe my thigh is to much fat on it, I'm not fat but I just don't understand why my first IM didn't work and the addict in me made me sniff my 0.3 I had put away to IM lol, so I'll need to get more now and try again, I get paid Monday that should be enough of a tolerance break so it might work next time lol

Did you have any other drugs in your system? I find benzos can dull ketamine.

Did you have any other drugs in your system? I find benzos can dull ketamine

Dam yeah clonazepam, fucksake but my friend takes benzos alot and has K holes and he IMs and I've not noticed it dulled effects before when I've took vallies, but clonazepam is stronger, I only had a very small amount only a quarter of a 2mg when I woke up and done the K a little while after that, but then redosed quarters through out the day because I was annoyed the IM didn't work, maybe that's what made it not work, by the time I'd sniffed my last 0.3 I'd probably of ate 2mg clonazepam

Maybe that was It . Even 10mg Diaz will kill all the trippy aspects of ket for me, almost make me feel like I'm sober

Maybe that was It . Even 10mg Diaz will kill all the trippy aspects of ket for me, almost make me feel like I'm sober

Same here, slight K feeling and slurring but that's it was still tasty though mmmm love the taste, still fun racking up lines and snorting them and now I know how to IM for next time so nevermind

Can you skinpop it sub-cutaneously? IM shots can be easy or hair-raising - if you hit anything sensitive before you get to the muscle you can end up pulling it straight back out again.

Can you skinpop it sub-cutaneously? IM shots can be easy or hair-raising - if you hit anything sensitive before you get to the muscle you can end up pulling it straight back out again

I don't know how, I only learned to IM yesterday, yet I know how to IV from a 4 year heroin addiction but I've not even done that in 19 years, why didn't the IM work and I sniffed the rest of the gram and tolerance had gone down, I fucking injected it man how did it not do a dam thing?

What do mean pulling it strait back out the hit went in I saw it all in?