• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Thinking of IM'ing Ketamine

Fuck drying that shit out on a plate man

We get it already dried out and have to cook it up to make it into a liquid, I'll try it again soon as sniffing it has made my tolerance to go way up, but I haven't had the chance to try IM again with this new batch

Has to be 1ml though. I'll usually just go straight in to the deltoid on the shoulder and I've never had any issues

I might try that next time then with a 1ml as I'm skinny too, thanks

Well I tried the IM K and it worked but I've built up such a tolerance by sniffing it everyday for about a week that my stomach inflammation is back and the indegestion, in the end snorting it wasn't working, not even lines and lines of the stuff, no K holes but it was fun having K everyday obviously, loved waking up to breakfast K everyday lol

Anyway after quite a few days sniffing it I thought I'd try the IM and it worked and it was nice, but no K hole due to tolerance and then I was IM'ing 0.4 shots and I like it but need to get my tolerance down now before I try it again, and I've ran out of K

Now to be a good girl, must remember don't buy K on payday because it won't work, so back to tolerance break, put weight on I've lost, get my stomach inflammation sorted out because last time was so much agony the doctor said its stomach inflammation, ulcer, been on the oremprazole and gaviscon tablets,

Anyone who sniffs K for that long and doesn't get a bad stomach inflammation and indegestion is strange, why do I get it and not others who do K for more than a week?
I was even spitting out the drip at one point and I normally love the drip lol

So thought I'd update everyone that my first 0.2mg IM I done a while ago shit because it was very weak K so didn't work, and the others with a new batch was nice but no K holes because I'd been snorting it everyday for a week

It feels slightly different IM'ing it, warmer somehow, I can't explain it but I can see why people do it, but my tolerance is through the roof, and obviously IM'ing it must make tolerance even higher than snorting it does, is this true, even if I'm doing the same in IM that I was snorting?

I know what to do and how to do it now, so next time I'm all set to go

Thanks to everyone that gave me advice

Last edited:
I've found this thread quite useful and informative. I have been wanting to IM k for a long time but I've never quite got around to it for whatever reason, partly know how and partly the taboo of taking that step and using a needle. I'm quite squeamish about injecting myself too. I will be giving it a go on payday later this month, I've found a vendor who sells 'legit' ketaride but I've read many reports of people buying liquid K on various DNM and it being a fake fentanyl solution. So I am unsure whether to just make up my own solution.

Much to consider.

Upon research it seems the recommended needle length and gauge is completely different from what I'm used to! Being a wiry person I've never had issues with a 27 gauge, 1/2" long needle but that is not what I'm seeing in the literature. I'll edit my previous posts accordingly.

A 1" needle of gauge 22-25 seems to be the standard for IM.

Upon research it seems the recommended needle length and gauge is completely different from what I'm used to! Being a wiry person I've never had issues with a 27 gauge, 1/2" long needle but that is not what I'm seeing in the literature. I'll edit my previous posts accordingly.

A 1" needle of gauge 22-25 seems to be the standard for IM.

I normally use a 25 guage 16mm (standard orange head in uk) for both IM and IV, if im using more than 1ml.
If not I use whatever it is thats on the fixed 1mls (thinner, works fine, just be more careful as more prone to snap).

I normally use a 25 guage 16mm (standard orange head in uk) for both IM and IV, if im using more than 1ml.
If not I use whatever it is thats on the fixed 1mls (thinner, works fine, just be more careful as more prone to snap).
I've read this thread and I've seen that you inject K through IV and IM and was hoping I could pick your brains. Would it be worth taking a punt of the 'liquid ketaride' I have came across on a DNM or just make up my own solution from K shard I can get? For some reason I feel ketaride would be better if it is the real deal but that isn't easily known.

I've read this thread and I've seen that you inject K through IV and IM and was hoping I could pick your brains. Would it be worth taking a punt of the 'liquid ketaride' I have came across on a DNM or just make up my own solution from K shard I can get? For some reason I feel ketaride would be better if it is the real deal but that isn't easily known.
Depends on 2 things (IF the vial stuff is legit)
1. Your tolerance
2. Quality of the crystal/powder you can get

If your tolerance is anything like mine, or even fairys, you would need to shoot a whole 10ml vial IM to get anywhere. The vials are WEAK, usually 50mg/ml. Rarely you can find 100mg/ml.
When i shoot up, i make my solutions between 250-700mg/ml.

Aslong the crystal/powder you get is pure and you follow the right safety procedures, ie sterile water, correct filter techniques, clean spoon/needle etc id say you are better off going down this route, vials are mega expensive compared to grams of crystal/powder.

If your tolerance is verrry low and you can get a k hole out of 50mg, and the vials ARE Aindeed legit, then vials are prob your better option 👍

Depends on 2 things (IF the vial stuff is legit)
1. Your tolerance
2. Quality of the crystal/powder you can get

If your tolerance is anything like mine, or even fairys, you would need to shoot a whole 10ml vial IM to get anywhere. The vials are WEAK, usually 50mg/ml. Rarely you can find 100mg/ml.
When i shoot up, i make my solutions between 250-700mg/ml.

Aslong the crystal/powder you get is pure and you follow the right safety procedures, ie sterile water, correct filter techniques, clean spoon/needle etc id say you are better off going down this route, vials are mega expensive compared to grams of crystal/powder.

If your tolerance is verrry low and you can get a k hole out of 50mg, and the vials ARE Aindeed legit, then vials are prob your better option 👍
Thanks for getting back to me man.

Tolerance wise I haven't done K for about two months. I tend to binge - four or five days a week for 2 months then have a couple months off. I've about to come to the end of a ketless couple of months. I find when I first go back to it after a prolonged time, with the stuff I get, I can hole with 200-300mg insufflated.

In terms of purity I believe it is pretty god damn clean compared to a lot of the stuff knocking around the UK atm. Nice shards which provide quite a trippy and clean high. The vials would be from a DN vendor and can never be sure of the legitimate nature of such things and I am nervous I'd get something potentially dangerous, like fentanyl type solution.

I think, with the advice you've given, I will go down the DIY route. Once again thanks for the advice mate.

Unless you're a masochist who enjoys bruises, don't.

Either put in a vein (I've not done this and can't recommend it) or purify it in the oven and sniff it.

Both experiences were indisgthible from one another in my experience.

@justme6263 no prob.
Do you know any of the DIY home purity tests to do on shards? None of these require any special equipment or reagents...
Foil/burn test?
Dissolution test?
You can also do;
Cook test?
Taste test?
Weight seperation if some of the shards look suspect/it looks like you have different styles/shapes of shards in there? All shards should be uniform, cylinder, same width both end, never dual, etc.

Albeit i HAVE shot up cut K, its better not to. I've been lucky.

Unless you're a masochist who enjoys bruises, don't.

Either put in a vein (I've not done this and can't recommend it) or purify it in the oven and sniff it.

Both experiences were indisgthible from one another in my experience.
IV actually leaves more of a brusie than IM.

IM and sniffing really isnt much different of an experience, correct. Once you IV it, thats when it alllll changes. And you need wayyy less.

@justme6263 no prob.
Do you know any of the DIY home purity tests to do on shards? None of these require any special equipment or reagents...
Foil/burn test?
Dissolution test?
You can also do;
Cook test?
Taste test?
Weight seperation if some of the shards look suspect/it looks like you have different styles/shapes of shards in there? All shards should be uniform, cylinder, same width both end, never dual, etc.

Albeit i HAVE shot up cut K, its better not to. I've been lucky.

IV actually leaves more of a brusie than IM.

IM and sniffing really isnt much different of an experience, correct. Once you IV it, thats when it alllll changes. And you need wayyy less.
I am aware of the foil test where the K should leave a reddish residue on the foil, does that method show if there are impurities however? The dissolution test is something I am aware of but never done as I thought you'd have no way of knowing if cutting agents are soluble.

I note that both IM and insufflated doses are indistinguishable but I want to learn that for myself, IV has always appeal to me but being the son of a now IV heroin addict I am somewhat apprehensive of that roa.

@justme6263 it should be BLOOD RED! Consistent red throughout!
if its dark red or has black/brown specs it has a cut!
Foil test is one of the best if not THE best to do if you ask me
Cheers mate! This really has been one of the more informative threads I have read re IMing. Simple and pertinent advice from all, also glad to see @fairyoftheflowers got some decent results second time around and thanks for starting this.

Just for shits and giggles I tried this foil test and it left only a faint brown residue. Besides that, I now I know that upon evaporation ketamine smells rather horrible, and not much else. Would have to have mine lab-tested to know anything of its purity.
I dug up this post by BL staffer which might be relevant here:

"Burn tests" are highly subjective and aren't a reliable measure of purity.

Likewise, judging by consistency isn't reliable, you can have finely powdered drugs of high purity or get sold stuff that's highly crystalline but 80% cut.

Get a chemical test kit (I think Mandelin is the one for testing ketamine).

Just for shits and giggles I tried this foil test and it left only a faint brown residue. Besides that, I now I know that upon evaporation ketamine smells rather horrible, and not much else. Would have to have mine lab-tested to know anything of its purity.
I dug up this post by BL staffer which might be relevant here:
Faint brown?
Do you suspect that its cut?
Are you doing it with crystal or 'cooked' k? Iirc it doenst work as well with the cooked stuff...
Pure crystal makes a blood red stain.
Anything else is cut, the darker the red/brown, the more cut it is. If it's black, throw it away.
Note: sugar will leave red.

unfortunately, yes injecting does indeed raise your tolerance quicker than sniffing

Even if I go through say a gram but I IM it instead of sniffing the gram? Harsh as the gram is still going onto my body lol

normally use a 25 guage 16mm (standard orange head in uk) for both IM and IV, if im using more than 1ml.
If not I use whatever it is thats on the fixed 1mls (thinner, works fine, just be more careful as more prone to snap)

I tried both 2ml and 1ml syringes 1ml are fixed 2ml ain't, but the 2ml fits 1.5ml of water in which is better if you're hitting up a 0.4 of K, as obviously that much liquid won't fit in a 1ml needle, how much liquid do you use if you are using the normal 1ml syringes then, don't the K burn more and is more damaging to the muscle if you're trying to hit up 0.4 of K with just 100ml of water?

I could use a 1ml but the syringe was filled right to the top, and so I transfered it into a 2ml barral which I'm not used to, I took the plunger out squirted the K solution into the barral but I'd forgot to put the syringe on the end and over half my K solution went all over my bed lol, lesson learnt, put the fucking needle on the end first lol, I'm not used to 2mls as I always used those 1ml fixed syringes when I was on heroin, after that mistake I'm just using 2mls and as I'm thin I don't put the needle all the way into my thigh

liquid ketaride

What the fuck is liquid ketaride lol? Vials of Ketamine yeah, whys it called ketaride? Make sure it's not a K annalouge

Aslong the crystal/powder you get is pure and you follow the right safety procedures, ie sterile water, correct filter techniques, clean spoon/needle etc id say you are better off going down this route, vials are mega expensive compared to grams of crystal/powder

Exactly this, the vials are piss week, I've never tried them but it's pointless lol, too weak for the likes of us, not enough K inside them lol

Just make sure your shards haven't got any bash, msg or msm or anything in it, as Google those they look exactly like K, foil test might help you determine if it's K, K goes dark red, but so does sugar but you can tell sugar granules from longer K shards if it goes black or clear and bounces all over the foil then it's cut

Either put in a vein

You'll pass out and hole before you get the chance to take the needle out, I'm an ex IV heroin addict so I won't be IV'ing it

Good luck it took me months to decide to IM but I've wanted to try it fir so long, and this past week I finally tried it, and I'll be trying it again lol, sniffing it fir a week has caused my bad stomach, and indestion and last time it lead to an ulcer, so in the form of harm reduction I'll IM it, and as I do love lines, I'll be doing both depending where I am, I'm not going to start cooking up at a mates or in toilets etc thats a step to far, so I'll be doing IM at home, and snorting when I'm out and about or with my friends

@Fairy of the Flowers no i use up to 0.5-0.7 quite comfortably in a 1ml just shoot fairly hot. I've used 1g in 1ml before quite a few times but had to shoot really hot... Which I don't recommend. Instant vein collapse. And painfull if IM.

I prefer to use 1.5-2.5ml for every shot now tbh, no matter the size, less burn if its a strong one, and more 'fun time' - pushing the plunger is one of my favorite parts personally. I reallllly enjoy the ritual.

Ketaride is just a brand name for a vial, like ketamax, ketanest-s, etc etc there's loads.

Regards to IV... You dont ALWAYS pass out and hole before getting the needle out of your vein. If you're not holing from 0.4 IM i doubt you would hole from 0.1 IV, if you ever did try it.
But id DEFO recommend trying 0.05 first if you are alone! Just incase!
Also if you IV in your foot you definitely have time to get the needle out and cap it and put it down, shooting in the foot really delays the rush. I find shooting in the hand gives you a good extra second or 2 to shooting in the crook too. Worth noting.

Regards to IV... You dont ALWAYS pass out and hole before getting the needle out of your vein. If you're not holing from 0.4 IM i doubt you would hole from 0.1 IV, if you ever did try it

I wasn't holing from 0.4 as I'd been sniffing it all week so my tolerance was way up, the first IM I did like I mentioned in this thread a
while ago was really shit weak crap K so the 0.2 didn't work, so this week I tried again and definitely felt the K just didn't hole was a soft, it was different from sniffing it somehow, was quite nice tbh, but it obviously depends on the K you buy as some K is nicer than others

So IV isn't stronger than IM, or you mean I'd need less if I did IV? It would be to much memory's from my heroin days, I don't want to pull at that thread lol

What do you mean by "shoot really hot" you mean a very strong solution of K with little water? Yeah I don't want to IM with so little water as I don't want it to sting, think I'll stick to more water, if I do try IM in my shoulder I'll use a 1ml, but the 2ml barrel and 2 inch needle into my thigh works, but I just put the needle just over halfway in the top of my thigh, as the top of my thigh is all I've learned so far and know what I'm doing, I might try my shoulder another time though but, why when my thigh is easier to see than my shoulder lol

@Fairy of the Flowers
IV is 10x stronger than IM mate.
0.1 IV would be equivalent to 1.0 IM
So yes you need less

And by hot i mean the water in the syringe being hot.
If you boil 1g in 1ml of water and suck it up in a 1ml and let it cool in the syringe it will go pure white and solid! The only way to salvage if this happens is to re cap it, boil thr kettle into a cup or glass big enough to submerge the whole barrel and let it sit in it until it goes clear again. Then you can either shoot QUICK (it may solidify half way through your shot) or squirt it out back into the spoon or into a 2ml and add more water.

Osmosis i believe? Or osmolarity? Science term.
Laymen term: too much solid in the liquid for the liquid to stay liquid at room temp.

I actually did a few IM shots in my shoulder the other day I've only ever used my thigh or buttcheek, shoulder seemed to be sore for less. I did give it a really good massage afterwards.