• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Thinking about going to the ER

infantannihilator

Bluelighter
Been doing coke tonight and just did a shot about 15 mins ago and had extreme nausea, I almost puked

Heart rate is stable at 120bpm, cant measure BP. Slight headache although I had it all day

Have a bit of a stim shake going but nothing Id call a tremor, but the nausea really scared me

I guess if Im posting I should be okay but.. I did quite a lot tonight..

Nausea won't kill you!

Have a benzo if needed, you're good.

Its actually the headache kind of worrying me now

I did take a 10mg valium earlier when I slightly fucked a shot and had to pull out and reshoot with blood.. I never like doing that I always dump it out and refilter but still its kinda sketchy to me. I worry about clots, and my vein started looking and acting all weird :eek:

Hey man, u dont know shit about IV cocaine until you've road that 'train'. I puke every time I slam coke, and not but 5 minutes later and i'm fuckin with my spoon mixing up another.so i can puke again. Holy shit ding dong tho

Nausea is pretty common when doing IV cocaine.

If you're coming down from the shot and ok to type you're probably ok. And if you have access to benzos that's what they give you in the ER. Cocaine IV OD usually happens fast right after doing the shot ( from what I've seen), if you're "thinking about going to the ER" and actually take the time to get yourself there, you're most likely fine

But...in the interest of harm reduction...if you are profusely sweating, have extremely elevated heart rate and blood pressure, or are experiencing seizures...yes you may want to go for safety sake. Panic attacks are fairly common on a lot of coke, but if you really feel you did too much I'm not going to say "don't go".

Are you doing so much in a shot that your vision blacks out or you have seizures? Are you getting the bell-ringer train effect (I ask that cause it usually does come with nausea...but it's also what most IV users aim for). Just from being concerned about nausea it sounds that you either don't have much IV coke experience or that you don't dose very high cause nausea is so common.

Best advice I ever had while doing IV coke---remember to BREaTHe. Even if you have to tell yourself "breathe" and consciously take deep breaths. Most of the side effects pass from taking good deep breaths. Sometimes after a good shot you almost forget to breathe and are sitting there just salivating. So...breathe....

PS. headache sometimes comes from rapid change in blood pressure from a shot...

Yea OP. It is the coke making you extra paranoid. You're going to be alright. Man, I recall doing coke a few times and shaking like a feather while already high from a bunch of lines and then trying to smoke it off foil (free based) and the whole piece of foil would be virtually vibrating in my hands because I was shaking so hard from over stimulation. Surprised I never flopped like a fish. I'd say you are fine though. Nausea and headache are pretty normal when doing cocaine lol.

Yeah I was fine.. but today, I did actually freak out and go to the hospital. Actually called an ambulance.

After over a week straight of shooting coke and going through over a half ounce easy, I did over 5 grams last night. Now, no, its not high heat or whatever, yes its cut. When I first started .05 to .1 would do me good; the rush, the taste in the throat, the slight nausea, the overall omg whoa amazing i need to lay and roll around feeling.. same guy, same stuff.. I was doing a half gram per shot to get that feeling. When I made this thread it was because the nausea was so damn extreme unlike I had felt.. yes, iv coke noob. Now semi vet I suppose.

Last shot was massive (.6~irrc), but still didnt quite do it, and chasing that dragon of sorts I had about .3 left and knew itd be useless to do it on its own so quickly shot that too.. hoping, just hoping, desperately. bad idea. My foot swelled up on me and the only thing I could think was travelling blood clot from too many slams in the same veins, deep vein thrombosis, limb loss, embolism, death.. fuck I was fucked. Heart rate was near 180 when the ambulance got me, I was incoherent, couldn't think straight, was sweating profusely, tremors, couldn't feel my hands or feet.. couldn't make up my mind about what to do I was in such a stupor. There was nothing enjoyable about this. I don't know how long I spent trying to decide to try to take the subway while sweating buckets, eyes as a saucer, clearly knackered beyond belief, calling a cab, or the ambulance. Either way I had to go out in public.. I live near a bar and its patio weather so I didn't want to wait for a cab there.. didn't want the ambulance coming directly to me.. I ended up going around a block and then called. Still had to walk by people.. the most embarassing feeling of my entire life.

Well, turns out the swelling of my foot was just random, and all I really needed was a benzo, which I had run out of. And the hospital didn't even give me any, they made me ride it out. This binge fucked me hard, I probably cried for two hours I straight up thought i was going to lose my foot or an arm or so on and so forth, not to mention how I basically have to make an excuse to skip work because my arms are trashed and theres no god damn way I can show them.. and its 30 degrees all week now. I guess I trashed my serotonin system too in some way. Just in the worst of spots. What the fuck did I do to myself. What the fuck is wrong with my life that I would do this. No one to call in the hospital, only person I could think to call was my therapist :\ Theres a lot more behind it all really but today was a bit of a wake up call.

At least I can't fucking afford this habit.. it's only because of a tax refund splurge that I did what I did and just bought ball after ball..

I've learned my lesson to say the least. Were it not for my foot swelling up I probably would have manned up and would have just rode it down somehow (it took about 4 hours for my heart rate to stabilize).. but man, god only knows. Read the IV safety threads on here. Every little IV HR fuck up will lead to limb death and loss at best. Knackered. I also learned once again that the human body is one fucking resilient mother fucker.

Strangest thing, they took my blood and the nurse used a giant Im guessing 50ml syringe to "flush" the blood she said. I asked exactly what it was for because as soon as she did it.. I got that coke taste in the back of my throat. I guess from using that vein so much coke began to build up on its walls. Sounds silly but what the hell else could explain it. My sweat smells like cocaine. I look like hell and feel like hell.

WELP. Time to save coke for special occasions when I can purchase top quality high heat stuff that isn't a phone-call away at basically any hour of the night. Because, quite frankly, after IVing coke, I can never sniff it ever again, its ruined for me forever now.

Stay safe guys.. I'm in Canada so I don't give two shits about being considered an IV drug user or being tagged or whatever, and they don't give a damn either. I'd hate to have to factor that in the decision process between going to the hospital or not, especially in a case where something truly life threatening could happen. In hindsight I feel kind of silly about it now.. but the doctors were worried about endocarditis and ran a gamut of tests on me and other things. I enjoyed pulling out the little noodle IV catheters they have. So damn cool how those work.

Typical coke story, suspected overdose, which it may be but, but often just amounts to cocaine anxiety/ psychosis and subsides soon after.

Better safer then sorrier though...

nothing good ever comes out of coke use, except for anxiety!

I'm happy you are doing well, sounds like a crazy fucking story.

Now you have a whole week of 30 plus weather to enjoy!!! about time it got hot in canada, which part are u in?

nothing good ever comes out of coke use, except for anxiety!

I'm happy you are doing well, sounds like a crazy fucking story.

Now you have a whole week of 30 plus weather to enjoy!!! about time it got hot in canada, which part are u in?

What sent me to the hospital was mostly the fact the bottom of my foot swelled up and turned purple on me (and its still swollen and purple). Superficial so the doctor said, even if it was from a clot, but either way, that sent me over the edge in terms of worry and most likely exacerbated the other symptoms. I'm pretty well used to weird arm, hand and foot feelings from stims and other substance use, but this was just.. not kosher, not right then, not at the time. Slight psychosis too yes.. Im seeing floating dots right now as I type actually, and an ad on a website with a picture of a girl I swore was animated at first. Yike.

Im in southern ontario. to tell you the truth I won't be enjoying it without sweating my bag off wearing long sleeves trying to hide these war wounds.. fucking hate that I bruise easy. Cant even see any injection marks unless you REALLY look closely, but the yellowy purple spots that follow along in some places due to a little leakage from not applying pressure long enough or the one or two times in like 50 shots (edit, now that I think about it.. more like 100) that I poked through the other side of the vein.. they are blatant and scream IV drug (ab)use. But yeah, it was a long winter, I spent it in a homeless shelter too. I wish I were still there, life on the outside sucks.

Also.. I'm pretty trashed emotionally right now. Ive technically been up over 36 hours now and I can't sleep, guess that comes with a pretty major week long binge. I'd smoke weed but these days it gives me chest pains and makes me very uncomfortable :\

T+0.40 Yeah some psychosis going on here.. smoked some weed and I can hear music that isnt playing, its good. there are weird wavey patterns pervading my vision and text is shifting in a random ripple like fashion. like if you watch a pond or a lake, and pull your vision back and just take in the spots the sun hits, and the way they shift and swipe side to side making totally random zig zaggy line statis running down the screen of life. Little reminiscent of early stages of a hallucinogen

T+0:46 yeah I just zoned out for a while time to end this edit

Last edited:
Damn man I know how you feel...
When I got out of treatment I hit a shot of dope (meth) and over did to the point I threw up twice and lost my vision it's some scary stuff. Be safe man

...Read the IV safety threads on here. Every little IV HR fuck up will lead to limb death and loss at best...

Hah! Oh man, I know this all sounds dreadful and I'm sure it was, I think a lot of us have similar experiences when it comes to stimulants, but man - that line made me laugh out loud. Nothing worse than being paranoid that you're going to die from drugs and deciding to see what the Internet has to say on the matter!

My friends say slamming good coke means you are more than likely going to puke. Only on the first try. Then it's deaf ears and bad vision away... the second+ IV of coke shouldn't be making you throw up. But don't let that freak you out if you are. You could have some extremely killer. You could have some extremely cut/bad. More than likely, it's good if you puke on the first hit. If you continue going the IV route, you'll find yourself sitting still, unable to hear much at all, unable to focus on anything in particular.