• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Console Thinking about getting a Nintendo Switch

Skyrim, the dumbening, zelda edition, link to the past bought a better game in 2011
Aw Skyrim sucked too
I'm still playing Morrowind :D

Honestly, Link to the Past is probably one of the best games I've ever played(the original one, can't stand the ventriloquist's dummy look of the remake.

Aw Skyrim sucked too

Honestly, Link to the Past is probably one of the best games I've ever played(the original one, can't stand the ventriloquist's dummy look of the remake.
DnD dicerollhit detection ruins Morrowind like forever until you're characters progressed... and the fog overlay on the original xbox to keep the gpu from tanking sucks too.... theres N64 games that look better than morrowind with all the stupid fucking fog. I own this game yo, so I'm the expert. I even played an hour or 3 until I was continuously unimpressed as my sword causes 0 damage as it went right through a rat I can barely see in this foggy weather. Morrowind? Maybe tomorrow, if its a rainy, windy, and especially foggy day.

I'm not too big into any Elder Scrolls game really except I had a good run with ESO for a bit. LTTP is awesome. My hearts still with an ocarina though because that was the first Zelda I played, except maybe Link's Awakening because I had that on gameboy.

DnD dicerollhit detection ruins Morrowind like forever until you're characters progressed... and the fog overlay on the original xbox to keep the gpu from tanking sucks too.... theres N64 games that look better than morrowind with all the stupid fucking fog. I own this game yo, so I'm the expert. I even played an hour or 3 until I was continuously unimpressed as my sword causes 0 damage as it went right through a rat I can barely see in this foggy weather. Morrowind? Maybe tomorrow, if its a rainy, windy, and especially foggy day.

I'm not too big into any Elder Scrolls game really except I had a good run with ESO for a bit. LTTP is awesome. My hearts still with an ocarina though because that was the first Zelda I played, except maybe Link's Awakening because I had that on gameboy.
Oh, see that's because you're a noob at the game.
Sorry, but you levelled wrong.

You need to level abilities 10 times linked to each of 3 different stats so you get a +5 bonus to the stat BEFORE you level up and EACH time before you level up again, so the phrase "you should rest and think about..." will be one of the sentences you read like 700.000 times in a playthrough. Make sure you get enough Agility, then you never have issues hitting things. The game levels with you, and the further you progress without getting +5 boni, the weaker you will be. That's not the game's fault ^^

Also you need to play the game modded. I use OpenMW with some extra graphics mods, and my Morrowind looks stunningly GORGEOUS. But the fog and dust storms are part of the atmosphere and I wouldn't trade them for anything

O Ocarina and Majora's Mask were awesome :) My first Zelda was Zelda II on the NES, sidescroller. That game was awesome :D

Oh, see that's because you're a noob at the game.
Sorry, but you levelled wrong.

You need to level abilities 10 times linked to each of 3 different stats so you get a +5 bonus to the stat BEFORE you level up and EACH time before you level up again, so the phrase "you should rest and think about..." will be one of the sentences you read like 700.000 times in a playthrough. Make sure you get enough Agility, then you never have issues hitting things. The game levels with you, and the further you progress without getting +5 boni, the weaker you will be. That's not the game's fault ^^

Also you need to play the game modded. I use OpenMW with some extra graphics mods, and my Morrowind looks stunningly GORGEOUS.

O Ocarina and Majora's Mask were awesome :) My first Zelda was Zelda II on the NES, sidescroller. That game was awesome :D
no way I was a hax0r I could slice open sewer animals on open plains on a sunny and foggy day with zero effect. That's talented.

(if I ever look at that game again it will be on PC with graphics mod and Ill read into that levelling system more)

no way I was a hax0r I could slice open sewer animals on open plains on a sunny and foggy day with zero effect. That's talented.

(if I ever look at that game again it will be on PC with graphics mod and Ill read into that levelling system more)
It's REALLY worth your time, if you invest a bit of time into modding.
You gotta like reading, ofc, but if you do, it's like reading an amazing epos that is 50 times as big as Skyrim, if 50 times is even enough. The entire story is so beautiful and dark, I love it

And if you level like I do, you will never have any issues, 100%.
You'll have about a 80-90% hitchance all game, until lategame where it'll be 100% hitchance. This feat annoyed me when I was a kid, so I read into it, and once I levelled as the game wants me to level, I never had any problems ever again. I remember hitting bugs for 30 minutes until they were dead, I know what you're talking about xD

so the controller is really new to me. Have been playing them one in each hand. Figure that would be the best way to learn.

I just use the wireless pro controller 95% of the time. I can use the other if I'm playing undocked , but I prefer the traditional sit my ass in front of the tv experience.

bit triggered by all the love for new Zelda games :O Breath of the Wild is a flaming pile of garbage and not a Zelda game. Sorry :(

I'll show myself out

lol I understand being stuck in the 64 days and thinking nothing else will ever measure up. I've played OoT/MM 1000 times now and it still never gets old. We were so spoiled as kids to live through that era.

Aw Skyrim sucked too

played it til my fingers bled. Loved morrowind too though.

Last edited:
I ended up going with Super Mario Odyssey

You did well getting this lately ive been thinking back with nostslgiaon my first playthru it was such a fun game dude ypur gonna have a blast. I kinda wanna fire it up again soon and start getting some more of the moons I left behind. Im no where near 100% completition but I beat the game already. The graphics in it our gorgeous, I will probably scoop up the newer Mario Games tho just becauce. Paper Mario:The Origami King and/or Super Mario 3D World Plus Bowser's Fury... need to have them all in the collection eventually anways 😃

You did well getting this lately ive been thinking back with nostslgiaon my first playthru it was such a fun game dude ypur gonna have a blast. I kinda wanna fire it up again soon and start getting some more of the moons I left behind. Im no where near 100% completition but I beat the game already. The graphics in it our gorgeous, I will probably scoop up the newer Mario Games tho just becauce. Paper Mario:The Origami King and/or Super Mario 3D World Plus Bowser's Fury... need to have them all in the collection eventually anways 😃
Haha I had just put in Super Mario Odyssey like 5 minutes ago! The graphics are really nice on the Switch, and its pretty neat that you can toss your cap and do various tricks with just a flick of the wrist! I've heard of the paper Mario game and from some of the youtube videos it looks really fun! I ended up picking up a couple more games and one of them is the other Super Mario 3D/Bowsers Fury. I kind of want to beat Mario Odyssey before I hop into the other Mario games. Still really excited:)
Thought about picking up Minecraft the other night, and Walmart has the game for like $20.00ish, and was trying to do a price-match with BestBuy but they were acting shady. They had wanted me to checkout/complete the order and I guess they would send me a gift card with the difference. Which I wasn't about to do..(When I bought the Mario Odyssey game the online clerk had sent me to like a custom checkout through BB where all I had to do was check out with the new price of the game). So yeah, might be one of my next games to play.
I feel like this is a great investment. We get power outages here, and in the stormy season I have something fun to do when the power cuts out.
Did a few races on Mario Kart and wow, the game has changed ALOT since the nintendo 64 days (last time I had played it). Just did the Vs' matches with computer players,, and maybe later might try and do one of the 'cc' races.
I have ALOT of stuff to keep me busy now that is forsure!

Haha I had just put in Super Mario Odyssey like 5 minutes ago! The graphics are really nice on the Switch, and its pretty neat that you can toss your cap and do various tricks with just a flick of the wrist! I've heard of the paper Mario game and from some of the youtube videos it looks really fun! I ended up picking up a couple more games and one of them is the other Super Mario 3D/Bowsers Fury. I kind of want to beat Mario Odyssey before I hop into the other Mario games. Still really excited:)
Thought about picking up Minecraft the other night, and Walmart has the game for like $20.00ish, and was trying to do a price-match with BestBuy but they were acting shady. They had wanted me to checkout/complete the order and I guess they would send me a gift card with the difference. Which I wasn't about to do..(When I bought the Mario Odyssey game the online clerk had sent me to like a custom checkout through BB where all I had to do was check out with the new price of the game). So yeah, might be one of my next games to play.
I feel like this is a great investment. We get power outages here, and in the stormy season I have something fun to do when the power cuts out.
Did a few races on Mario Kart and wow, the game has changed ALOT since the nintendo 64 days (last time I had played it). Just did the Vs' matches with computer players,, and maybe later might try and do one of the 'cc' races.
I have ALOT of stuff to keep me busy now that is forsure!

do you have any interest in Animal Crossing? I try to recruit everyone with a switch lol. I love it personally.

do you have any interest in Animal Crossing? I try to recruit everyone with a switch lol. I love it personally.
I used to play a game called Harvest Moon on nintendo 64 back in the day, and Animal Crossing reminded me of the game. I actually broke down and bought it. Haven't started playing it yet. Any pointers for a newbie Animal Crossing player?

Aw Skyrim sucked too

Pssh. I am still perfecting Daggerfall.
I bought this and Stardew Valley three months ago and haven't played either. I'll look at Animal Crossing next, I guess.
I used to play a game called Harvest Moon on nintendo 64 back in the day, and Animal Crossing reminded me of the game. I actually broke down and bought it. Haven't started playing it yet. Any pointers for a newbie Animal Crossing player?
Yeah, help out a couple n00bs, wouldya?

Pssh. I am still perfecting Daggerfall.

I bought this and Stardew Valley three months ago and haven't played either. I'll look at Animal Crossing next, I guess.

Yeah, help out a couple n00bs, wouldya?
Not sure what to do. I am sure there is a tutorial of sorts. Just wonder if there is something I should focus more on rather then something else.

I just turned mine on, and Stardew Valley popped up so I took stock of what I had done so far.

I spent all my money on one meal, which I haven't eaten yet. I think I needed that money for seeds, probably other stuff.

I have a fishing pole, and I have spent two weeks fishing. I've caught seven fish. One every other day. Everyday I pull up lots of junk.

Everyone I have met seems to like me, which is a welcome change from real life and bluelight.

Still, I am pretty sure I fuggered it all up for good.

yeah definitely. Choose a map that has the resident services building far away from your airport. You will appreciate this further into the game when you start terraforming and designing your island. Don't worry too much about your character design because you will unlock lots of customizations later and can change your appearance at will. Something you can't change is your name and your island name, so be sure of those.

if you don't like some of your villagers starting out that's okay. You can change it up later.

Dont stress TOO much about anything early on, because chances are once you learn more you'll keep refining everything until it's how you want it.

Reactions: Ds
Wow @December Flower!
Flaming pile of garbage! Skyrim sucked?
You seem like a hard to please gamer!
But I can understand the high standards for a Zelda game.
I think BotW can be seen as a sort of stand alone direction for Zelda. But I certainly didn't see anything worthy of that level of disdain!

Wow @December Flower!
Flaming pile of garbage! Skyrim sucked?
You seem like a hard to please gamer!
But I can understand the high standards for a Zelda game.
I think BotW can be seen as a sort of stand alone direction for Zelda. But I certainly didn't see anything worthy of that level of disdain!
Ah, I gotta start somewhere..
So the reason Skyrim is bad, is because it's just not a real TES. It's too small, too easy, lacks depth and real character development. Your character is pretty strong from the start, that is not TES. In a real TES you're NOTHING at the start, you have issues killing rats.

The guilds, next point. So Skyrim does have a sort-of appropriate amount of guilds, although most guilds are fucking tiny, and there's not much you can do. The college has like 10 quests?! If it's even 10. It's like: Go to the digsite, check the magic ball, talk to the psyjic, talk some more, get a dwemer do-hickey: now you're the Archmage. NO MATTER IF YOU'RE A WARRIOR AND HAVE 0 SKILL IN MAGIC. Congrats! Wow. Compare that to Morrowind where the guilds you CAN'T join have like 10 quests, and the ones you CAN join have about 30-40. The guilds have skill-demands of you, they have shitloads of work to do, and you need to acquire a certain rank to even be trained by most members. Grinding a guild should take LOOONG, not 2 hours and you're done with it. Actually playing a TES should take long, but Skyrim just doesn't. I mean I can take my time and be even more OP

It's just too easy and too much made for the masses(who obviously don't like thinking in games), I was disappointed with Skyrim. NO puzzles in Skyrim, no thinking required. All the awesome magic spells are gone, like blind, deafen, chamäleon, slow fall, levitate, dmg to attributes, weight, solid water, ... this list goes on forever, Skyrim has like 0 spells. I never even died in Skyrim, on the highest difficulty level. Just too easy

So up to Zelda, I'm a bit dreading this. The graphics annoy me, I hate this androgynic blonde lifeform that replaced Link. The "puzzles" to solve were much to easy. Their frequent use of "bobblehead" dummy graphics, instead of doing one game with decent graphics just pisses me off - are their programmers from the past? Do they not want to pay the money to make an actually decent looking game? Nintendo has gone full-on-cash-grab mode on Zelda/Mario/etc, and now it seems like they're becoming lazy with their games. They make 10 remakes for every game and sell them back to people who already paid for the game, only to discover that the graphics-tweak is minimal, and one should have just kept playing SNES.

On top of that there's this general issue with new games, that they're becoming too easy, since the days, when being a PC nerd was a bad thing, and we had our peace from other people and especially kids in games. Now each game is easier than the last, even reaching nerdgames like WoW. Casuals absolutely destroyed this game, sad as it is. They kept whining about how the game is too hard and too demanding, so it became easier and less demanding :) PVP games are full of flaming children, that make the entire experience pretty wasted, given that they're also on your team. LoL best example, I actually liked the game, until the beta was over and the community was flooded with angry people and loud children.

But honestly, I probably only hate Zelda so much now, because I used to LOVE Zelda more than anything, before they started releasing one shit game after the next. If it was just a bad game of any name I wouldn't give 2 shits about it. It's like when a band you love becomes shit, like post-1999 In Flames. They might still do OK music, but because I used to love them, it sounds so much worse to me.

Last edited:
20210328-165830.jpg

Just bought this on the way home from work.

Graphics look great, hope to get some hours in tonight and when im off work Tuesday. All this talk about Mario lately got me fiending for a new game, lol.