• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Think I need therapy

Higherfocus420

Bluelighter
Think I need some sort of therapy as I can just switch and get violent ready to slash someone up real quick and the funniest thing is im.spiritual as fucka new age manifest your own realty cosmic unity infinite consciousness type of dude but I get so vexed fuming if someone disrespect me or trys fucking with me that I just switch and want to ruin their life or stab them or brake all.there shit its almost demonic like I will give u an example I live in a shared house and somebody grassed me up for smoking a joint out my window even tho it was raining so I responded by taking the furniture they wanted in.the empty room which they wanted help moving after grassing me up then they stole my wine so I flipped broke all their plates threw all their food ahd cooking stuff into the abyss and pulled my rambo on them thats been a new thing for me gettintvso mad I wanna just shank someone daylight murder but like I say im spiritual and believe in compassion

Last edited:
@Higherfocus420
Mate rather than therapy I think you'd benefit from anger management classes 🤷‍♂️
Maybe get rid of the Rambo for a bit of you don't trust yourself with it? Like if you want something in your room for self defense get a blunt object i know you can still kill with it but you can kill with your bare hands if you want - plus police and court look way more lightly on say a table leg or baseball bat than a knife, just don't whack anyone round the head with it lol

What drugs are you on? When i took benzos and smoked weed daily, I was similar when i wasnt stoned, made me very snappy and easy to anger

Think I need some sort of therapy as I can just switch and get violent ready to slash someone up real quick and the funniest thing is im.spirotual as fucka new age mnifest your own realty cosmic unity infinite consciousness type of dude but I get so vexed fuming if someone disrespect me or trys fuckingme that I just switch and want to ruin their life or stab them or brake all.there shit its almost demonic like I will give u an example I live in a shared house and somebody grassed me up for smoking a joint out my window even tho it was raining so I responded by taking the furniture they wanted in.the empty rook.which they wanted helo moving after grassing me up then they stole my wine so I flipped broke all their plates threw all their food ahd cooking stuff into the abyss and pulled my rambo on them thats been a new thing for me gettintvso mad I wanna just shank someone daylight murder but like I say im spiritual and believe in compassion
@Higherfocus420
Mate rather than therapy I think you'd benefit from anger management classes 🤷‍♂️
Maybe get rid of the Rambo for a bit of you don't trust yourself with it? Like if you want something in your room for self defense get a blunt object i know you can still kill with it but you can kill with your bare hands if you want - plus police and court look way more lightly on say a table leg or baseball bat than a knife, just don't whack anyone round the head with it lol
Yes I think some sort of therapy would be appropriate as this is evidently severe enough that it’s causing distress in multiple areas of your life

I would categorise anger management as a type of therapy

and what is a Rambo? A large knife? Probably not the best thing to keep around when you feel this way, its like an addict trying to get clean keeping smack in his room. the anger is some sort of maladaptive coping strategy in the same way that drugs are for addicts.

sounds like you have a berserker switch in your psyche that most likely comes from deep unprocessed child hood trauma. Thepary to discover the underlying core origination of all this rage in your being and then releasing yourself of all this trauma is possible will be a process that unravels over years and years though.

What drugs are you on? When i took benzos and smoked weed daily, I was similar when i wasnt stoned, made me very snappy and easy to anger
I take pretty much everything but my anger issues and abusive behaviour are worse when drunk ive been trying to stop alcohol.forever but its so hard atm tho I mainly just smoke weed sometimes use heroin and xanax and valium

sounds like you have a berserker switch in your psyche that most likely comes from deep unprocessed child hood trauma. Thepary to discover the underlying core origination of all this rage in your being and then releasing yourself of all this trauma is possible will be a process that unravels over years and years though.
Ah yea dedffo have loads im quite fucked up when people first meet me they think im a sound dude intelligent creative kind normal work and that always up for partying and having a,laugh but the more you get to know me you realise how crazy I can be thats how ive lost most relationships its dosent take long to see my crazy side and its not pretty but when I calm down im the nicest person feel bad and a bit ill and disappointed for any anti social behaviour

Benzo rage is real myself and a fair few of my mates used to get it frequently
Im normally pretty chill on them but they are similar to alcohol and im prone to alcohol induced aggression I shouldn't really drink ever its just not worth it unless I have coke

Im normally pretty chill on them but they are similar to alcohol and im prone to alcohol induced aggression I shouldn't really drink ever its just not worth it unless I have coke
It was more like when you've been on them and they wear off, for me anyway, i guess thats what TSnz meant by 'rebound' anger

I take pretty much everything but my anger issues and abusive behaviour are worse when drunk ive been trying to stop alcohol.forever but its so hard atm tho I mainly just smoke weed sometimes use heroin and xanax and valium
Alcohol specifically, arguably more than ANY other single psychoactive substance, which makes this a big statement, for certain people, can trigger mindless acts or compulsions of violence, aggression and hatred, whether warranted and in proportion to the situation at hand or not.

If these urges of aggression are genuinely troubling you, my advice would be to exercise caution with alcohol.

Maybe even try kava instead, which is like an alcohol alternative which absolutely does not incite aggression or violence, in comparison, but calms and clears the mind.

It is one or the other, the two should never be mixed.

Letting love into the heart is really the way to go. Easier said than done in a world which shits on us so much all the time.

I too, get riled frequently.

But I exorcise my emotions with language, often by simply taking the piss.

"The pen is mightier than the sword" does hold truth for me.

On benzo rage- I have an ill-advised, dug into a ditch, heavy Etizolam dependance.

I get insatiably irritable, frequently. But never to the point of even contemplating physical violence. I try to express my emotions verbally, in writing, as openly as I can as a release mechanism.

We are all different though. I just have never struggled with violent urges to control.

The higher ground is always the better way.

I am not saying that violence has no place. But IMO should be used only in as just, appropriate, proportionate and necessary a manner as possible.

Sometimes bad people just need a "slap" and is the only way to stop, deter their wrongdoing and get the message across.

I prefer to just rip the piss if I can lol.

You can knock a thug out, he will forget it tomorrow.

Humiliate, mock and shame him, it will stick for a long time.

Please don’t take the advice to verbally berate someone. You can do better.

Definitely wise advice to discard weapons for the time being and keep in mind the consequences of your actions, which could lead to legal action.

Therapy sounds like a good idea (and if anything happened you could at least tell a court you were aware of your issues and seeking treatment as opposed to not doing anything at all). Obviously something is behind these episodes and your substance abuse that therapy may be able to help with. Therapy helps give you skills you need to process and respond to your emotions in a more effective way that should help your life and relationships.

The good news is that your guilt and remorse likely means you have a good chance at rehabilitation and less likely to have antisocial personality disorder for example. 🤷🏻‍♀️

You can take the piss, in good clean style, without verbally berating you know. Just take the piss out of things rather than people, but with true good humour, you want to laugh "with" not "at."

How is that not verbally berating someone?
Yes you are correct to pull me up on that one. I perhaps could have elaborated.

I atfually meant there a situation where you have been sincerely wronged by somebody. Who needs some minor retribution to make them pause and think about themselves if they are dping serious wrong. In such a case, true but charged words can be more powerful than punches.

I'm not suggesting going after anybody, for sheer sake, troll or bully like.

I didn't make that clear.

But generally, I meant taking the piss out of things far away, in a humurous way, which rightly deserve some criticism, as a means for constructive release, vs violence.

Sorry I'm too wasted on kava right now to think of a good example and had real rough day with flu, I prob shouldn't be posting at all today.