• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Think about quitting drugs?

its420time

Bluelighter
Thats my question. I have been pondering this thought because of my drug usage recently has been effecting me more and more after the initial high I get from it. I feel depressed the next day and I sometimes think, why I can't just live a "normal" life without drugs? I figured this out, that I will always use drugs in moderation and not abuse anything including the mj. Just looking for some of your thoughts.

I have cut back heaps over the last 6 months. Literally going from rolling and smoking every weekend to having only rolled once since Xmas. I dont miss it at all.
I guess I really decided when the next day wasnt worth the night before. It just isnt fun anymore. I always said I would give it up when its no longer fun, and I guess that now is the time. Good Luck.

since its starting to get between me and my girlfren im stopping drugs...xcept for the following circumstances:
1)if its somethin i havent tried yet
2)occasional weed sessions that she wont know about =)

Sometimes I think I'd be better off if I never tried my first drug at all. Now I think I'll never be able to quit completely after knowing what's out there. But cutting back is always a good start.

I hate it when people I know say they are quitting, but they don't actually quit. I said I would never smoke or snort drugs from the beginning, so I'm not gonna start that...even though I did wanna try k, it is now out of the question. I got a lot out of what I've done so far, which is pretty minimal, but you do have to set limits for yourself. Anyways, if you say you are gonna quit, then quit...and don't come back to it later with an excuse because that is annoying as hell. Plus it makes people look like they have no control over themselves. Sorry for rambling, I'm just a little frustrated with some people I know.
------------------
aim: stacimaster

i have thought about quitting drugs many times,but i also realize that i am going to have to be 110% committed to quitting to successfuly be able to quit..im just not ready to quit yet..i realize i have to sometime though..
i have many friends who have tried to stop taking drugs..some make it a few days,some make it a week,BUT they always come back!!the biggest problem i think is that people who take drugs are usually always around other people who take drugs...one has to get himself away from this environment in order to be able to quit i think..
yeah,if you are going to quit,be totally committed,or else you will keep going back again and again..i have a close buddy who has told me he is going to quit taking nubain..he literally tells me this every weekend almost!thats no lie!!he usually stays away for maybe a day at the longest,and then he is back begging for a shot..he is probably the weakest-willed person i know..u wouldnt know it by looking at him either,the guy stands 6'3,and weighs around 235 lbs,ripped...
if yer going to try to quit,i wish ya good luck!!!

No thoughts of quitting for me
smile.gif

Minty, my guess is that anyone struggling with a drug problem is worried more about their addiction than your frustration with their lack of willpower. Some people just aren't in a situation where they feel able to completely put something down, so they pick it back up. I've never had a problem putting anything down, but I know family and friends who have bounced back for whatever reason.

I've found that using responsably and in moderation, you can enjoy use and non-use and not have to worry about quiting because you have no reason to quit if you use in moderation and still have controll over your life.

Diffidence, I never said these people were concerned with my frustrations...I doubt they really care at all.
------------------
aim: stacimaster

I know people like that who say their going to quit but never even give a second thought to doing the drug the next day. My suggestion is to just ignore them, simple isn't? There are all kinds of people out on this world we live, they all have their own thoughts and ideas. They know what they want and know what they are doing... just leave them alone and just try to help them. You can only try to show them.

Having control of your life is one motivation for limiting the use of drugs. However, mine has never progressed to that point. What is always in the back of my mind is that there are people everywhere who are perfectly happy with their lives and the world and have no need/motivation/desire to take a drug to enhance a life that is already fine. It makes me feel like a cheater or a weakling knowing that I have to drop a roll to be as emotionally open as some people are or snort a line to feel a normal degree of self-confidence (Of course, those drugs make you super emotional and super confident but I am lacking in both areas so it is more like a normal improvement for me). It isn't a coincidence that people who get into the worst relationships with drugs are those that have sub-par characteristics that are bolstered by drugs. The sad thing is that my ideal life is one free of drugs but I am too weak currently to really enjoy life in their absence. I am not currently addicted to anything but I can't go months without taking some E or more than a week without drinking some alcohol. The truth is that the biggest threat I face is becoming dependent on alcohol. I mean, I am a college student, it is cheaper than weed, socially acceptable, and legal.
The bottom line is that if you feel like you are ready for a life without drugs, don't hesitate to try and laugh when peer pressure tells you to do otherwise. Think about how you will look to your kids. They will say "daddy is such a great person and is so happy and pleasant" or "daddy is pleasant when he is drunk or high".
Btw, applesbliss, that was a great thread you started and I hope that you remain drug free as long as you wish to be. You will be a better person and live a more complete life.
Peace

Good for you and I wish you the best of luck! Drugs do take there toll, and I admire the fact that you havbe the strength to say "Enough". I am sure my day will come as well.
Deep down I know I can't keep living like this forever.
------------------
Have you ever been high? Have you ever been stoned? Have you sat on the long couch with a tingling in your feet, in your toes, and known what was coming? Have you ever been messy, sloppy, rolling? Have you ever taken acid, snorted coke, popped pills, dropped downers? Have you had your little break today? Have you been happy with your choices? Have you ever wanted never to come down? Have you... have you... have you?
Now, have you ever been to jail?
"I dislike the drug you are using, but I would defend with my life your right to use it."
- Paraphrase on Voltaire

I don't think I'm ever going to quit, when I'm really old and have no sources I guess i'll have to make my own.
As long as your not a problem user why stop?

Man, I was just gonna post about this
smile.gif

Anyway, my question:
I've been a daily smoker for about the last 8 months, and while it's been fun, I find myself getting depressed and snapping at my friends a lot more. I need to cut back at least. If I smoked once a week would I clear my head out, and if so, how long would it take? What about stopping completely?
Any info would be great, thanx!

oh yeah drugs are evil... i'm gonna quit
just one more line of coke before i go
------------------
I'm not walking over there it looks like about 12 steps... and anything that takes 12 steps isn't worth doing.