• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

things have been bad

hydroazuanacaine

bluelighter
i had a manic episode. my career coach called at around 10am and thought i sounded funny. she believed she could call the fire department by dialing 911. the police, emts, and fire department arrived. the police knocked and told me to open the door. i said, "not without warrant and you know it." so the fire department smashed my door open with some sort of battering ram. it took all three locks and the frame out. i reminded the police they know not to cross the threshold without a crime in site or warrant. i interlocked my hands behind my back and closed my mouth so they could not say i assaulted anyone. the police respected the need for the warrant and focused on dealing with me in the hall.

the emts must have had a gurney because i do not have bruises down my back from the stairs. they put me in a truck that was not quiet and ambulance. the doors locked hard. they took me to me a place that was neither a jail or hospital. my wristband says, "lab." they moved me from isolated room to isolated room, while i repeated, "i am not paying for this" as they rolled my gurney. they wanted me to pee but i refused. the report says they did a blood draw but i do not believe it. they said i was admitted for chemical dependency, opioid use disorder, narcotic overdose.

my patient visit summary says, "@%#^%%% $^^$%^$^ has been evaluated for the following reason(s) during registration and/or triage: Drug use, DRUG USE." nothing about mania or mental illnesses, which i'm not sure is a good thing or not.

they did a CT HEAD OR BRAIN WO CON 09/02/2020 11:25 COMPLETED, during which i repeated, "i do not want this. i am not paying for this." again and again. the report also says ...
CBC WITH AUTOMATED DIFFERENTIAL [CBCA] 09/02/2020 11:23 STATUS: FINAL
BASIC METABOLIC PANEL [BPNL] 09/02/2020 11:23 STATUS: FINAL
ALCOHOL SERUM [ALC] 11:23 STATUS: FINAL

in the final location, there was a desk in front and drape in-between and another detainee. they offered me food, which i refused saying i was not paying for anything. the attendant said it had nothing to do with money. i was starving so i ate the most disgusting hamburger i have ever had. nothing else could be forced down. i had an iv connector, but i was never offered water or a saline drip.

"Advocate ******* ******** Medical Center would like to thank you for allowing us to assist us with your healthcare needs." the only thing i said there was, "please tell me where i am," "what can i do to be allowed to go home," and "please let me go home."

i clapped and counted to keep track of time. i would guess i was there for five hours.

eventually they brought me my watch, wallet, socks, and shorts. i did not have the mental capacity to check my watch time but at one point i asked an attendant the time and date and she said wednesday 3:45pm. they did not have my cellphone, apartment keys. or shoes. they said the only way i was going to get out was shining a piece of paper saying they had returned my watch, wallet, socks, and shorts.

i asked where i was located geographically and they said [my neighborhood]. it took me over five hours to figure out where i was and to walk home. when i got there without keys or cellphone, i sat on the apartment stairs until a man who frequents my favorite cafe showed up. i explained he knew i lived there and begged him to let me into the building. he was kind and obliged, but said "how will you get into your apartment." all i could do was cry, laugh, and say it was unlikely that my door was secure.

this is draft one. many more horrible things happened, but that's all i have in me right now.

I'm so sorry to hear all that, that must have been a horrible experience. Did they at least help repair the door so your apartment wasn't open to any and everyone?

^thanks. it was quite horrible. they absolutely did not repair my door.

yes, i am very glad to be be back, The Axe.

my father (an md) says they use the narcotic / opioid code by default in most situations like this. i called and they said they would send papers so i could have that drug use thing changed. because i never peed and they don't actually have a blood test.

Last edited:
Was wondering what had happened to you. Glad you are back and safe. <3

I've had one of those manic episodes too, but was in a black out. Apparently I had dialed the 1800 suicide number and told them I was wanting to kill myself. I don't remember much besides EMTs puling me out of the tub(fully clothed) and taking me to a hospital.
I didn't know what to think. I was out of state (in Kansas) had no idea why or what I was doing there, and was now a patient on the 3rd floor at a psych hospital.
It took awhile before I knew why I was even in Kansas but was a wake up call to some extent.

Things could have been worse for you, and just glad you wen't like seriously injured.

i had a manic episode. my career coach called at around 10am and thought i sounded funny. she believed she could call the fire department by dialing 911. the police, emts, and fire department arrived. the police knocked and told me to open the door. i said, "not without warrant and you know it." so the fire department smashed my door open with some sort of battering ram. it took all three locks and the frame out. i reminded the police they know not to cross the threshold without a crime in site or warrant. i interlocked my hands behind my back and closed my mouth so they could not say i assaulted anyone. the police respected the need for the warrant and focused on dealing with me in the hall.

the emts must have had a gurney because i do not have bruises down my back from the stairs. they put me in a truck that was not quiet and ambulance. the doors locked hard. they took me to me a place that was neither a jail or hospital. my wristband says, "lab." they moved me from isolated room to isolated room, while i repeated, "i am not paying for this" as they rolled my gurney. they wanted me to pee but i refused. the report says they did a blood draw but i do not believe it. they said i was admitted for chemical dependency, opioid use disorder, narcotic overdose.

my patient visit summary says, "@%#^%%% $^^$%^$^ has been evaluated for the following reason(s) during registration and/or triage: Drug use, DRUG USE." nothing about mania or mental illnesses, which i'm not sure is a good thing or not.

they did a CT HEAD OR BRAIN WO CON 09/02/2020 11:25 COMPLETED, during which i repeated, "i do not want this. i am not paying for this." again and again. the report also says ...

in the final location, there was a desk in front and drape in-between and another detainee. they offered me food, which i refused saying i was not paying for anything. the attendant said it had nothing to do with money. i was starving so i ate the most disgusting hamburger i have ever had. nothing else could be forced down. i had an iv connector, but i was never offered water or a saline drip.

"Advocate ******* ******** Medical Center would like to thank you for allowing us to assist us with your healthcare needs." the only thing i said there was, "please tell me where i am," "what can i do to be allowed to go home," and "please let me go home."

i clapped and counted to keep track of time. i would guess i was there for five hours.

eventually they brought me my watch, wallet, socks, and shorts. i did not have the mental capacity to check my watch time but at one point i asked an attendant the time and date and she said wednesday 3:45pm. they did not have my cellphone, apartment keys. or shoes. they said the only way i was going to get out was shining a piece of paper saying they had returned my watch, wallet, socks, and shorts.

i asked where i was located geographically and they said [my neighborhood]. it took me over five hours to figure out where i was and to walk home. when i got there without keys or cellphone, i sat on the apartment stairs until a man who frequents my favorite cafe showed up. i explained he knew i lived there and begged him to let me into the building. he was kind and obliged, but said "how will you get into your apartment." all i could do was cry, laugh, and say it was unlikely that my door was secure.

this is draft one. many more horrible things happened, but that's all i have in me right now.

Oh my god, I'm so sorry. At this point I'm just glad you're ok still. Please DM if you need anyone to talk to or support with anything.

^thanks for the support. living alone, it's even a little worse because you come back to no one. i did have people to call once i found my phone in the apartment (thank fuck it was still there).

... I don't remember much besides EMTs puling me out of the tub(fully clothed) and taking me to a hospital.
I didn't know what to think. I was out of state (in Kansas) had no idea why or what I was doing there ...

out of state sounds horrible. fully clothed sounds nice. you probably got the rawer deal. having shoes, yet in the wrong state. no shoes in chicago sucked. at least it only took me five hours to find home.

Things could have been worse for you, and just glad you wen't like seriously injured.
yes, i am lucky that i was mentally able to not resist. and that the individuals from the cpd respected their lines.

Last edited:
Been in similar situations. It's like having every ounce of autonomy taken from you and then being punished for feeling scared. Those places suck. I wish I could say the right thing to you.

Also, have you taken sertraline before? Lack of appetite, shaking, illness that feels like withdrawal, those are all induction symptoms.

because [...] they don't actually have a blood test.

The 3 tests you listed:
would all require blood to have been run. The CBC is Complete Blood Count, the basic metabolic panel is analysis of common blood chemistry parameters (but not drug testing), and the serum alcohol test is a test for alcohol in blood. Also, the fact you had an IV line placed would suggest blood was drawn.

It sounds absolutely crazy what you were put through. Either you were very strange on the phone, or you need to have a word with your counselor...

i had a manic episode. my career coach called at around 10am and thought i sounded funny. she believed she could call the fire department by dialing 911. the police, emts, and fire department arrived. the police knocked and told me to open the door...

I'm so sorry that you had to go through all of that. You're one of my favorite Bluelighters and I've been following your posts for a long time. I hope that you're feeling better and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Peace, Love and Faith,
Dreamflyer