• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos (thienodiazepine) Etizolam Megathread V2

also what are people talking about with prolactin? this thread is 98 pages so it’s not reasonable up search through to find someone making more than a cursory mention. when I google “prolactin” and “benzodiazepines,” studies about them inhibiting not promoting prolactin come up.

the only place i can find about etizolam creating problems with too much prolactin is wiki, and its just a random sentence with “citation needed.” and lots of results of people posting about it here or on reddit, referencing “papers” they either don’t link to or the links are dead.

oh, i found this:

which is a super not comprehensive study that doesn’t even purport to conclude anything of significance.

benzos are fucking horrible for you. but is this prolactin thing really a thing?

Last edited:
i mean thienodiazepines, not rcs.

Etizolam is a thieno whatever, but it's an RC benzo as far as I know.

in my opinion, etizolam is not stronger than a regular benzo. it’s a marshmallow benzo.
I've tried every kind of benzo and Etiz is stronger IMO. Clonazolam Is even stronger than Etiz. I guess you didn't really have a problem with Etiz so that's good. Plenty of people have gotten into life-threatening and horrible situations on it. It's extremely addictive and super easy to black out. I've never had that problem with regular benzos.

I've tried every kind of benzo and Etiz is stronger IMO. Clonazolam Is even stronger than Etiz.
ok, so i understand what you are saying. still. rc is not a class of drugs. clonazolam is a benzodiazepine. etizolam is a thienodiazepine. so if clonazolam is stronger than etizolam, and you’ve tried every kind of benzo, then etizolam is not stronger than every benzo you’ve tried.

we’re splitting hairs. i’m not asking about pharma benzos versus rc benzos. benzos are benzos. so what the fuck is a thieno.

except for some molecular technicality, is there any real difference between etizolam and the rest of the benzos?

Coast, you have my empathy on the addictive nature of benzos. including etizolam. which is not my choice benzo, but benzos are my choice drug. i am so securely in their grip i don’t even know if i want out or what that would look like.

Last edited:
ok, so i understand what you are saying. still. rc is not a class of drugs. clonazolam is a benzodiazepine. etizolam is a thienodiazepine. so if clonazolam is stronger than etizolam, and you’ve tried every kind of benzo, then etizolam is not stronger than every benzo you’ve tried.

we’re splitting hairs. i’m not asking about pharma benzos versus rc benzos. benzos are benzos. so what the fuck is a thieno.

except for some molecular technicality, is there any real difference between etizolam and the rest of the benzos?

Coast, you have my empathy on the addictive nature of benzos. including etizolam. which is not my choice benzo, but benzos are my choice drug. i am so securely in their grip i don’t even know if i want out or what that would look like.
I meant Etiz is stronger than regular benzos I've tried (klonopin, xanax), but clonaz is even stronger than Etiz. Basically my point was that both Etiz and Clonaz are powerful and not for n00bs. They are much stronger than Xanax and klonopin. It will fuck you up even if you are used to handling benzos. I don't understand the thieno scientific stuff. Sorry Haha

I've quit Etiz years ago, but it was my drug of choice. I understand it's not yours. I'm really glad you're not addicted to that one, but still addiction is a bitch no matter what. I'm not judging or anything. Please don't think that. God knows I have my vices.

is there any practical difference between a benzo and a thienowhatever? also are there any other versions of the latter? etizolam is cool. it’s like xanax with mood lift. in exchange, it doesn’t have anywhere near as much of the alleviating property of xanax. if i was freaking the fuck out i’d want a bar or ativan. if i wanted something to make my stroll around the neighborhood more pleasant, i’d want etizolam. or ativan. i always want ativan.

sorry to hear about your loss, axe.

Apart from structure (thiophene ring versus benzene ring fused to the diazepine ring), functionally speaking there is little difference between thienodiazepines and benzodiazepines with triazolobenzodiazepines like alprazolam and triazolothienodiazepines like etizolam behaving very similarly. Milligram to milligram etizolam is about half as potent as alprazolam and ten times as potent as diazepam.

I prefer alprazolam to etizolam, but both are equally effective in promoting exceptionally foolish behavior (in my case). I actually feel like the mood lift/antidepressant properties are more pronounced with alprazolam.

Another example would include brotizolam (a benzo seemingly named by either a Chad or a Brad), which is far more potent than etizolam (perhaps more so than clonazolam).

Brotizolam? I'm gonna name it DudeBrotizolam after the guys who live next door to me. I bet when you take it, it makes you blast shitty rap music.

thanks for the reply about theniodiazepines. chad more potent that triazolam? if so, damn. have you tried it? it good?

i prefer xanax to etizolam in general as well, though i think if you have an array in your collection they all have a time and place.

Xanax makes me feel depressed and sleepy.
Etiz gave me euphoria, confidence and ambition like I could rule the world. I'm guessing bipolar people get the euphoria/mania from Etiz more than anyone else. Just a guess.

That makes sense because every one's brain chemistry is different. As someone who is supposedly bipolar I like to compare my experiences with certain drugs to other people's experiences. It seems like my brain does the opposite of what a drug is supposed to do in most cases.

Another thing that stood out about Etizolam is I was hornier than ever and every guy looked fuckable. I saw a dude I thought was attractive after the Etiz wore off and I couldn't even believe my eyes. He looked like he had the AIDS. I was like wtf, that's a strong chemical...

Does any one know for sure like 100% sure if Etizolam shows up as a benzo on a urine test? Asking for someone else. I've been doing some research, some people say absolutely it does show up as a benzo on a urine test. There are a few who say they didn't test positive for benzos. It's confusing.

Does any one know for sure like 100% sure if Etizolam shows up as a benzo on a urine test? Asking for someone else. I've been doing some research, some people say absolutely it does show up as a benzo on a urine test. There are a few who say they didn't test positive for benzos. It's confusing.

It generally won't show up on most drug panels in the US, even ones that test for benzos. Becareful though, as this might not be the case for you. More likely to get a false positive using RC grade etizolam which can be contaminated with other benzos. Pharmaceutical grade etizolam (like etizest) is unlikely to be detected.

thanks for the reply about theniodiazepines. chad more potent that triazolam? if so, damn. have you tried it? it good?

i prefer xanax to etizolam in general as well, though i think if you have an array in your collection they all have a time and place.

Never tried it, looks promising albeit probably pretty amnestic...

Another thing that stood out about Etizolam is I was hornier than ever and every guy looked fuckable. I saw a dude I thought was attractive after the Etiz wore off and I couldn't even believe my eyes. He looked like he had the AIDS. I was like wtf, that's a strong chemical...

I feel like etizolam does this to me profoundly, and turns me into a female hunter (even moreso than I am normally) where im constantly scanning my environment for potential conquests. In turn, the intense confidence it gives me seems to drip out of my pores and acts as a potent aphrodisiac to the potential conquests. The combination of these two can lead to all sorts of complicated situations. Im usually very confident but etizolam anxiolysis and disinhibition results in a confidence that takes on an almost predatorial tone. It can be a fun thing but its not a good thing.

Last edited:
I find etizolam to be half as potent as xanax personally. 1mg etizolam=.5mg alprazolam. And in regards to it being more potent than valium, of course it is. Valium's comparison dose of 10mg is rather high compared to most any other BZD.

^ You know, I just realized the only benzo I haven't tried is Valium. I figure it isn't prescribed as much as Xanax and Klonopin. You'll be lucky to get any benzo prescribed the way these psychiatrists act now.

It generally won't show up on most drug panels in the US, even ones that test for benzos. Becareful though, as this might not be the case for you. More likely to get a false positive using RC grade etizolam which can be contaminated with other benzos. Pharmaceutical grade etizolam (like etizest) is unlikely to be detected.
Thank you. It's not for me. It's for someone who has to get a urine test now because they are prescribed Xanax. So the doctor is testing urine to make sure the benzo is present. This person ran out of their Xanax. So I was wondering if maybe they could take Etizolam for the urine test to show up benzo positive.

I was actually hoping Etiz would show up benzo positive for that person. Maybe it would. Seems like a shot in the dark.

Last edited:
Anybody from Canada pick up a fake batch lately?

^ You know, I just realized the only benzo I haven't tried is Valium. I figure it isn't prescribed as much as Xanax and Klonopin. You'll be lucky to get any benzo prescribed the way these psychiatrists act now.

Thank you. It's not for me. It's for someone who has to get a urine test now because they are prescribed Xanax. So the doctor is testing urine to make sure the benzo is present. This person ran out of their Xanax. So I was wondering if maybe they could take Etizolam for the urine test to show up benzo positive.

I was actually hoping Etiz would show up benzo positive for that person. Maybe it would. Seems like a shot in the dark.
A bit late, but yeah, diazepam is rarely prescribed these days due to its long half life and the fact that it’s the “funnest” benzo. I’ve only had it a handful of times but I took 10mg during a panic attack on 750ug AL-LAD once and within 15 minutes I was as cool as a cucumber and stuck on the couch. It’s the most relaxing benzo I’ve tried. The others target far fewer receptors or something. Diazepam is so classic.

Alprazolam may be hyped by rappers and kiddos but I don’t get anything recreational from it at 10mg equivalency. 1mg is enough to calm my nerves and gut but not enough to “feel” it. But 10mg diazepam? Oh I feel that alright.

I tried to convince my doctor to switch me to diazepam but he thinks it would be too sedating for daily use... which is true, it is. Alprazolam is best for my particular health issues. I just love diazepam.

For further reference, I don’t get a buzz off clonazepam at all. Just goes to show all these medications affect everyone differently. Maybe alprazolam is recreational for some people. To me, it’s just medicine. Diazepam though... god I love it. So. Fucking. Mellow.

Back to etizolam though. I love the stuff. It’s somewhat more recreational at equivalent doses to alprazolam but less useful for IBS pain. As an anti-anxiety medication I’d put it below most benzos for social anxiety, just because it tends to be too hypnotic to stay chatty.

What makes etizolam worthwhile is the myorelaxant properties for me. I sub it for alpraz most days to save my alpraz for when I realllly need pain relief. What drugs like etiz and alpraz offer me seems to be a relaxation of the muscles in my gut and I need that to function, my brain is sending my gut too many signals and I guess they intercept those signals and say “chill the fuck out gut”.