• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids There is silicon dioxide in Amide oxycodone tablets...

Thanks for the info. Knowledge is power, ya know? I'll sure think twice for the rest of my life before I go putting anything in my nose--from now on I'll do some research before I decide to do anything. I'm sure other people will as well. So thanks! Who knows how many people this will ripple out and have a positive impact on. Maybe it's safe for the A 215's but may not be for another med. Maybe something besides Silicon Dioxide but you can bet we'll all look closer at the ingredient list and check out anything questionable from now on.

Can't thank you enough for bringing attention to the fact that something meant to be swallowed and perfectly safe that way may NOT be safe in the old snoz.

I did some research about this as I was reading the post and replies. Interesting that, there seems to be a decreased rate of dementia in people who ingest Silicon Dioxide by mouth.

From Wikipedia;

"A study which followed subjects for 15 years found that higher levels of silica in water appeared to decrease the risk of dementia. The study found that with an increase of 10 milligram-per-day of the intake of silica in drinking water, the risk of dementia dropped by 11%"

Nice to think that we might still be clear minded enough in old age to still have intelligent conversations about stuff like this. Perhaps a geriatric forum on Bluelight is in the future....

I can hear us now...
"Remember the Oxy drought of 09' and when you could still camp and vend at Grateful Dead shows and when Marijuana was illegal?"

Seriously, Thanks for the harm reduction. You get a gold star!

Thanks for the info. Knowledge is power, ya know? I'll sure think twice for the rest of my life before I go putting anything in my nose--from now on I'll do some research before I decide to do anything. I'm sure other people will as well. So thanks! Who knows how many people this will ripple out and have a positive impact on. Maybe it's safe for the A 215's but may not be for another med. Maybe something besides Silicon Dioxide but you can bet we'll all look closer at the ingredient list and check out anything questionable from now on.

Can't thank you enough for bringing attention to the fact that something meant to be swallowed and perfectly safe that way may NOT be safe in the old snoz.

I did some research about this as I was reading the post and replies. Interesting that, there seems to be a decreased rate of dementia in people who ingest Silicon Dioxide by mouth.

From Wikipedia;

"A study which followed subjects for 15 years found that higher levels of silica in water appeared to decrease the risk of dementia. The study found that with an increase of 10 milligram-per-day of the intake of silica in drinking water, the risk of dementia dropped by 11%"

Nice to think that we might still be clear minded enough in old age to still have intelligent conversations about stuff like this. Perhaps a geriatric forum on Bluelight is in the future....

I can hear us now...
"Remember the Oxy drought of 09' and when you could still camp and vend at Grateful Dead shows and when Marijuana was illegal?"

Seriously, Thanks for the harm reduction. You get a gold star!

did you read my long post about how snorting tabs with silicon dioxide is not actually harmful? I completely refute my first post and explain why and how snorting oxycodone tablets with silicon dioxide isn't bad for you... check it out lol.

my understanding is that the opana 40s have silicified microcrystalline cellulose which is different from the Silicon Dioxide in the A215s in the OP

Seems like a bit of scaremongering to me. I think Puff summarized it best.

Unless you know exactly what you're talking about, it's best (IMO) not to generalize about potential risks from insufflating Opiates.

If it has to be the atomized form of silica, and crushing and snorting pills will not do atomize the silica, then we have nothing to worry about. :)

Remember, just because something sounds factual (snorting pills causes silica to get into your lungs which can be fatal) doesn't mean, in real world scenarios, that it's going to happen.

And tend to agree that, if this really was happening in any measurable amount, antidrug campaigns and sites would be ALL OVER the risk of silicosis from insufflating drugs. Since I never even HEARD of silicosis until coming to this site, I'm not really all that worried.

I also tend to think with all the experienced drug users here, you'd be hearing a lot more accounts of symptoms related to the disease if it posed any meaningful risk.

Not that it isn't good to investigate the possibilities, but you have to remember that unless you understand the dynamics of pill particles and lung function, you can't just use basic logic to make an assumption (IE, snorting silica must be harmful because of silicosis).

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/430340-I-just-made-an-opana-(oxymorphone)-nasal-spray....

http://forum.opiophile.org/archive/index.php/t-32444.html

Next time use google as well, before being rude. I'm sure the mods had a reason for closing your thread. Probably because self-serving threads like that aren't allowed.

p.s. if you want assistance, ask nicely. don't bump an old thread because the mods closed yours and then be a dick about it. Besides, two people responded to the OTHER new thread you made with what looks to me like good advice. What's the deal? Why don't you just post your question in the opana mega-thread?

Last edited:
Amount of inactive ingredients in 30mg roxicodones?

I know what the inactive ingredients are, in the 30mg roxicodones, but am having a great deal of trouble finding /figuring out the exact amount of each inactive ingredient. If someone out there has the answer to this question I am asking, please let me know, I havent been able to find the answer yet, anywhere. Any help would be truly appreciated. Thank you

In the future please don't just repost the same thing in multiple threads. The other thread you posted in is probably the one you want. Hope you figure this out! Determining the info you're looking for is not easy. What are you concerned about inactive ingredients in terms of knowing their actual proportion of each pill?