• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery There is hope!

OpiateLip

Greenlighter
Hello I’m a new member but not new to this forum I’ve slipped in and out threwout the last few years as I been trying to get off of opiates. I started out like most on pain pills treating pain which drive me to the heroine after the big crackdown on the pills. I’ve been on suboxone now tho for about 3 years I started on 24mgs a day quickly learned I didn’t need all that and went down to 4mg in the first year. After I got comfortable with my life n my dose I went down to 2 mg over the course of another year bouncing back and fourth this last year I’ve gotten all the way to .25mgs a day and as of right now It’s been over 24 hours since my last dose. The last time I tried to skip a day this low I got real sick at the 24 hour mark which was the dose before my last dose. I’m basically just looking for more advice to totally be done. I got work Monday to. I’m hoping I can be finally off this stuff for good. I appreciate all the help this website has given me to get myself clean. And just wanted to let everyone know and share my story. I can definitely see the light. I don’t plan on looking back. Thanks for reading.

Well you tapered down low which is a great start. Many people end the taper by dosing every 48 hours for a week or so. You could do that or just stop now. Your going to experience some withdrawal either way. Some people report very little withdrawal while others seem to suffer a bit. It just depends on your body chemistry. Some comfort meds will help either way. Weed, lyrica or gabapentin, a benzo, ibprofen, loperamide. With a few of those it'll be bearable.

It’s doable now! It’s just never Painless!
I find it strange that after YEARS on subs people are still Scared of jumping off? It’s the same as getting off a moving train, get the speed down as low as you can as Fast as you can and Jump !! There will be scraps,and a little banged up here and there, but you will be Off.
No Free lunch from this ride