• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Theoretical-what would happen if you emptied a couple cigarettes into a coffee maker?

I doubt nicotine OD would result, but OP should be aware that nicotine IS a deadly poison in the right concentration. Also, from what I remember, a nicotine buzz is not euphoric at all. It feels like extreme vertigo to me. Bad idea, not recommended.

Ive taken too much nicotine mant times and it feels like motionsickness horrible. Picture lying on bed and the bed feeling like its moving like your gunna roll off

I guess I can understand the potential value in this, but I think it would be important to make sure not too much tobacco is used.

FWIW, I chew tabacco and often swallow the juices. I have noticed that the times I swallow too much too quickly I get not only an upset stomach but also painful hiccups (or hiccup like reaction) . The hiccups may just be the way my body responds (meaning this may not be typical, I have no idea) just something to think about as tobacco may be quite irritating to the throat and/or stomach lining.

If I get a drop of ejuice in my mouth I hiccup like extreme so it be the nicotine like hiccup where i feel kike the entire house can hear it

I don't think it's a good idea at all. Cigarettes are made with filters, so you're getting less nicotine and tar from the cigarette itself. If you were to dump a few cigarettes into a coffee maker, you would be getting all of the tar and unhealthy additives along with an overload of nicotine! Nicotine releases dopamine and an excess release of dopamine is known to cause nausea/vomiting which isn't going to be fun to deal with not to mention as said above the uncomfortable feeling you would have in your stomach. I'd rather throw up than drink tobacco.

If I may ask, why would you (theoretically) want to do this? Of course you would get a caffeine and nicotine buzz, but unless you smoke a pack a day, it just doesn't seem worth it to me. Or healthy at all. Look what cigarettes do to people as it as already. Couldn't imagine what drinking cigarettes would cause.

Ya these are some common misconceptions about smoking. The vast majority of nasty chemicals in tabacco is a direct result of combusting the plant material, tar included.

Also, the filter will do little more than prevent you from inhaling some larger particulates in the smoke. OP, you may get some unpleasant cholinergic toxicity symptoms if you overdo it, but I find it highly unlikely that you would overdose as long as you carefully moderate your intake. If youre really set on doing it, just drink it very slowly. A side of effect of overdoing nicotine is puking your guts out, so it's similar to alcohol in that you would get some very unpleasant symptoms (including emptying your stomache) before you take a lethal dose... in other words you'll be fine if you start by drinking very small amounts that you prepared from just a cigarette or two. You can always take more, but you can't take less once it's down the hatch.

IMO, however, I think this is a terrible idea. If you want nicotine without smoking a cigarette, use a smokeless nicotine or tobacco product. This just sounds like a great way to make some disgusting coffee. Regardless, nicotine is a very toxic, very addictive drug, and the "high" it will give you is not worth the consequences of tolerance and addiction. I would steer clear of this idea.

I disagree in my opinion 1 or 2 cigs would still make the avg smoker very sick. Whered be looking at like 30 mg of nicotine orally so even if it is less available say one third thats still 5- 10 mg vs 0.7- 1.2 from smoking one cig. I doubt this would cause lasting harm but it does sound like a recipe for explosive pooping and puking id try if at all max one fifth of a cig

Wow just a heads up i have mild nicotine poisoning rlght now and it is extremely unplesant I feel like super dizzy like beyond dozzy like im looking at the lip of a apple sauce and it looks like If you drew it on a graphing chart you went upper right upper left lower left lower right upper right over and over again like in a perfect circlen

Why not get some 4 mg nicotine gum? If you buy it in bulk like 400 its ccheaper then cigs where I live and in my experience feels pretty similar to smoking just make sure you bite let sit till stops tingling bite let sitover and over for 15 to 20 mins

I don't think it's a good idea at all. Cigarettes are made with filters, so you're getting less nicotine and tar from the cigarette itself. If you were to dump a few cigarettes into a coffee maker, you would be getting all of the tar and unhealthy additives along with an overload of nicotine! Nicotine releases dopamine and an excess release of dopamine is known to cause nausea/vomiting which isn't going to be fun to deal with not to mention as said above the uncomfortable feeling you would have in your stomach. I'd rather throw up than drink tobacco.

If I may ask, why would you (theoretically) want to do this? Of course you would get a caffeine and nicotine buzz, but unless you smoke a pack a day, it just doesn't seem worth it to me. Or healthy at all. Look what cigarettes do to people as it as already. Couldn't imagine what drinking cigarettes would cause.

Woop, you went a bit sideways there, nicotine does not release a lot of dopamine and overdose is due to neuromuscular blockade due to CNS depression, and not stimulation :)

There's a reason nicotine gum is over the counter, it's useless in high quantity and taking more does not by any means improve the high or increase dopamine lol.

I agree in my experience nicotine poisoning has always shown as broncoconstriction (breathing through nose because mucus clogs up the throat), excess salvia, low blood pressure, pupil constriction, sedation, vasodialation, dizziness on standing a large reversal by 0.5- 1.25 mg per kg of diphenhydramine, 6 mg per kg caffeine, or 0.3 mg per kg amphetamine

I agree in my experience nicotine poisoning has always shown as broncoconstriction (breathing through nose because mucus clogs up the throat), excess salvia, low blood pressure, pupil constriction, sedation, vasodialation, dizziness on standing a large reversal by 0.5- 1.25 mg per kg of diphenhydramine, 6 mg per kg caffeine, or 0.3 mg per kg amphetamine

Exactly, what I've found is benefits that actually go against what we observe with dopamine drugs like Dexedrine. After chewing nicotine gum long term, I observed a dramatic decrease in every-day negative emotions. You know how you usually get 100 daily occasions to feel bad, either because you forgot to yield a nice lady driving a little van with her kids in the back, or because you forgot to ask your collegue at work how her son did on his first day of school, or because you thought you were too straight with a customer on the phone and perhaps not so understanding of their situation. All that is gone mate! Gone! I feel fuckall, it's so amazing. Dexedrine would have actually made the guilt worse! And I use Dexedrine on top of nicotine!

I would go as far as not describing this compound as a dopamine vector, sure it does increase dopamine in certain regions, but it does so in a very subtle way and really that's a small part of it beneficial activity. The supression of negative emotions is perhaps the biggest win. I wouldn't be surprised if nicotine was found to be neurotoxic to amygdala neurons, I mean, thank God! I don't need those! What a riddance!