Solipsis

Bluelight Crew
Welcome to the centralized 25I-NBMD Thread

25I-NBMD_structure.png

2-(4-iodo-2,5-dimethoxyphenyl)-N-[(2,3-methylenedioxyphenyl)methyl]ethanamine

Wikipedia page

Link to the N-Benzyl PEA Index - For compounds including all NBOMe's

- It has a 5HT2A Ki of 0.19 nM whereas 25I-NBOMe has a Ki of 0.089 nM
- Regarding ability to displace DOI, this 25I-NBMD has a Ki of 0.049 nM compared to 25I-NBOMe's 0.049 nM
- Rumors are that this one is not that dissimilar to 25I-NBOMe qualitatively.
- Dosage is reported to be above 1 mg though certainly not far above it. If you plan on experimenting with this, titrate from the microgram range anyway. Everyone reacts differently.

25X-NBOMe, 25X-NBOH SAFETY MESSAGE

poison.jpg

This is a newly discovered group of chemicals, with little history of human use.
It has already become clear that these substances carry substantial risks that must be highlighted.

Examples of chemicals belonging to this family include 25i-NBOMe, 25c-NBOMe, 25i-NBOH, 25c-NBOH.
Nicknames include "25i", "25c", N-bomb, N-bome etc.

Some facts you should know about The 25X - NBOMe series, which must also be considered to apply to 25X-NBMD compounds:

25x NBOMe chemicals have killed at "normal" recreational doses.
  • We don't know how it kills.
  • People have died from doses that are smaller than ones they've taken in the past.
  • We don't know the reasons why it is so unpredictable yet.
Doses can lead to psychotic episodes and ER visits
  • If you or people around you must take these drugs, avoid combinations and advise others to avoid it as well.
  • If someone appears to be overdosing, it is important to get medical attention quickly to minimize chance of death or injury.
These chemicals are sometimes mislabeled and sold as LSD or "acid"
  • If in doubt about your drugs, learn how to test them using testing kits/reagents. Don't have blind faith in the reputation of your source.
  • A good rule of thumb these days is "if it's bitter it's a spitter"
  • If you take blotters sold as LSD, swallowing them may render NBOMe type compounds inactive while swallowing LSD will work just as well!
25x is difficult to dose properly
  • Tolerance builds quickly, but toxicity may still occur.
  • Doses can often be unpredictable and uneven, even from the same sheet.
  • There is an unknown but narrow margin between a fun dose, and an overdose.
  • Reactions may vary wildly between individuals, but can also be inconsistent for the same person. Previous successful experiences offer no guarantees.

NBOMe substances are cheap and widely available, however they are not well understood, and have caused a number of deaths. There are safer and (arguably) better substances to begin with than these. Know your drugs, do your research, and spread the word!

And finally information for people pushing the dosage with NBOMe's:

The NBOMe series is known to be more dangerous than other psychedelic drug families. High doses can easily result in severe reactions such as seizures and HPPD. It is possible to get away with high doses because the mental component of the trip is mild so it may not feel as intense as other psychedelics even though there are powerful visuals. In order to try and overcome this some users take several doses to get a more intense/spiritual experience. While this does work for some, for others this is where the serious side-effects emerge.

As a result of this it is recommended that if you are seeking an intense experience, something more than eye candy, you select a different psychedelic with a higher natural intensity and better safety record such as 2C-E or LSD.

It is strongly advised that users do not take more than 1.5 doses of this drug, with one dose generally agreed to be x.x mg (xxxxu g).

Insufflating doses further increases the risk.

Created thread for completeness, I am working on the N-benzyl threads and index for it (link above) plus it seems to be out there. Any future discussion is welcome here. If you already know theoretical facts about it that are quite interesting, or even bioassay results you may share them here.

Last edited:
Well the MDO ring always looks enticing, but those methylenedioxy groups are supposedly part of the reason MDMA is neurotoxic. So this compound could theoretically deliver reactive oxygen species right into important serotonergic neurons. ?=/

Then again it could also theoretically be a 5HT agonist plus some kind of neurotransmitter releaser/reuptake inhibitor.

Also the serotonergic neurotoxicity could theoretically be avoided because 5HT agonism results in receptor and bound ligand internalization to the endosome, where we might argue the MDO ring can be more readily disposed of versus, for example, MDMA sitting in the synaptic cleft.

Just because there is a methylenedioxy moiety in the molecule it doesn't mean it's automatically neurotoxic. There are plenty of FDA approved pharmaceuticals with this structural motif. In any case, if this compound has a dose similar to the other N-benzyls you would be looking at roughly 1/100th the dose of MDMA.

Ah yes which is why I wrote "supposedly." :)

I was never convinced that the available literature regarding MDMA-derived reactive oxygen species being neurotoxic is really important. That's another topic though.

Solipsis, perhaps it would be a good idea to add some of the pharmacologic information from the freely available NBOMe paper: http://molpharm.aspetjournals.org/content/70/6/1956.full.pdf+html

to these pages? Table 3, the first column, has probably important data (ie 5HT2A agonism potency with respect to the whole series and other molecules).

--------------

On an important side note, can anyone find the supplementary data? They mention testing for activity at other receptors in the supp data, but I can't find it?!

There is also some data in this paper including some metabolism data. The supplemental material contains screening data at other receptors.

I also failed at finding the supplemental material for the Nichols paper :(

Nobody tried yet? In next week I am going try 1 mg . Few people from my country tried this compound and they recommend 0,8 mg on good trip. Probably more euphoric than 25I-NBOMe less deep , of course at the moment is it opinion handful of people.

Probably more euphoric than 25I-NBOMe less deep , of course at the moment is it opinion handful of people.
An opinion of a handful of people is not something really trustworthy, of course.

Now if you'll try it, it'll be interesting to hear about the differences between the NBOMe and the NBMD versions. They might not differ much from differences due to s&s, so I'd recommend you to try it several times before making conclusions. To tell one from the other.

Nobody tried yet? In next week I am going try 1 mg . Few people from my country tried this compound and they recommend 0,8 mg on good trip. Probably more euphoric than 25I-NBOMe less deep , of course at the moment is it opinion handful of people.
Did you get a chance to test it out?

Today ;)
Tommorow I will describe something . Wish me luck :)
as always I have ready pharmaceutical supply ( ACE inhibitors , benzodiazepines and many more :D )

Today ;)
Tommorow I will describe something . Wish me luck :)
as always I have ready pharmaceutical supply ( ACE inhibitors , benzodiazepines and many more :D )

Awesome, Good Vibes!

Let us know how it turns out for you :)

groovy, do tell how that goes :) and safe travels!

i wouldn't guess it would be all that discernable from 25i-nbome, but who's to say. I doubt, given the position on the molecule, that the methylene dioxy bit will have much to do with the physiological response or the subjective effects though.

I would like to write note soon when I will have full information but I do it now . Tommorow will be my second approach , this time 2,5 mg . First approach was 0.8 mg proved me that the dosages which I found is understated . ( very subtle effects ) But I collected some information and I throw a approximate dosages for this substance .

500ug-800ug - threeshold *
800-1,5mg -light *
1,5 - 2 mg - common *
2-3 mg - strong *

* This values are for buccal / sublingual ROA

At the moment and what I know is more like emphatogen than psychedelic . More info soon

Last edited:
Please don't forget to report on that 2,5mg :) I'm interested in such dose's strenght. What is your ROA on NBMD? Sublingual or you put the blotter between your gum/cheek?

Buccal , it looks that this compound has quite good bioavailability ( sublingual , buccal ROA ) very similar like 25D-NBOMe where the cyclodextrin complex not strengthens the trip.

It looks that 25I-NBOMe as and 25I-NBMD doesnt work on me . I tried first 3 mg 25I-NBMD very light effects heh I decided to throw 1.5 mg 25I-NBOMe and what? virtually nothing , light visuals and change mental . I did not had any tollerance , last time I took mescaline 4 weeks ago. This aroused in me no small surprise :eek: The quality was on 100 % OK , my friend took few days ago this same combo even a little less and he had very strong +++ . I am compelled to forgive himself or raise the dose
P.S
Do you know someone who did not work at 25I-NBOMe? Early very a lot of people tried this sort and every was happy with effects :)

I suppose you wish to know if there were any people who could not feel 2C-I-NBOMe to be active even in a huge dose. There were such people, and I've only seen this sort of selectivity in individual sensitivity here, in 2,5-dimethoxy-4-iodo-N-benzyls. It does not even seem to be a truly rare case as it might be expected. I know a person who took 9 mgs intranasally and felt nearly nothing. He had no built up tolerance to any psychedelics prior to this. That same person also had a normal reaction to 25B-NBOMe, at normal dosage. Yet at least another one person like that was mentioned somewhere here on BL earlier, probably in the 25B-NB thread in ADD. Anecdotally, they are yet more numerous.

There is much more variability in individual sensitivity here in general. My type of (lowered) sensitivity seem to occur here more often than such lowered sensitivity in and to other N-benzyls. Intuitively, it might be related to this substance's remarkable lipophilicity and further with the problems it has with passing through biological membranes. Like those that make it to peak in 2,5 hours rather than fourty minutes. So I believe this is to be attributed to the pharmacokinetics of the chemical as it's major cause. Minor differences, perhaps, that make some more serious ones to appear when already in vivo.

You forgot to describe your experience with regular 2C-I. But it is probably really worth describing it here for us to understand your relations with these drugs better.

If true, such 'abnormal' properties might also show up in others slow onset - long lasting PEAs with hydrophobic 4-substitution, like 2C-P or 2C-T-7 derived ones.

Have you seen people with a higher sensitivity?
Higher than what? :) If you mean "some normal sensitivity to 25I-NBOMe" then I do not know for certain - what is that. There are people I know who flipped out on 1000 micrograms, and/or wouldn't take that much, and there are people who feel themselves fine in 1500. I used to concede that the highest sensitivity is "normal" when consulting others. I doubted that the highest one is the most widespread at some point. Though now it looks like it was a good idea. If you wanted some examples of "even higher sensitivity", then, I guess, we may find these right in this thread. I remember people to talk about really low numbers there somewhere. Like "not going anywhere higher than 500, or even 300" if I do not confuse the case with 2C-C-NBOMe. And then there are also those who just need 3 milligrams.

I remember me writing here about "differences in individual dosage of an order of magnitude, ranging from 0,5 to 5 mgs." That was certainly written about iodine.