The World Music thread

Sona Jobarteh [2017] - Kanu

Andi McLean - bass,
Sonah Jobarteh - kora, vocal,
Mouhamadou Sarr - percussion,
Derek Johnson - guitar
Westley Joseph - drums

Sona Jobarteh is the first female Kora virtuoso from a West African griot family. First in a tradition that is several centuries old, in which the Kora mastery was exclusively passed down from father to son.

What the fuck is this???!!!!??!?!!!

MY GOD, this is amazing & her voice gave me tingles down my spine.

Where would I begin with the music Sona Jobarteh @mr peabody
Maybe have a look here :

🙏

Last edited:
The Darbar Festival was on Sky Arts a few days ago & I learned the difference between North & South Indian Classical Music. I'm NO expert in this stuff but I know what I like, the raga in the North style is just amazing & sounds like Cypress Hill - Illusions done in a kinda "drone" style.
I personally can't get enough of this stuff.

Anoushka Shankar [2016] - Boat To Nowhere

Caught an hour special on the BBC where she is working with Gold Panda, that was quite something to hear.
Sadly Youtube has the whole thing BUT it's broken down into sections but this gives me the tingles each time I hear it & believe me I play her session with Gold Panda several times a week.

PLUS imho she is ssssoooo fit, OMFG I just love her, I bet she can cook the most amazing Curry, looks smoking HOT & you could never get fed uyp of her naked & she plays the Sitar like that, for me that's a perfect woman.