• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Venting The Vent/Rant Thread Vs. You Silly KnuckleHeads Can Go Fly a Kite!!

This fucking crazy, insane asshole im sharing a house with ( renting) is causing everyone grief ( noise and general assholery) and everyone is too scared to approach the prick as he is so erratic in his behaviour, as noone knows if he is stable or not. Yet he is working in a Bank ( go fucking figure) - the cunt and he is doing my fucking head in( with his passive aggressive shit) Arrgh!

Looking for another place and had to defer exams because of this prick ( because of the noise late at night). I swear the energy it takes not to fucking blow-up on him seems not worth it right now - he has made three people leave the house already - he is a fucking lunatic - anyone who confronted him with his lack of hygeing etc. he went full blown toddler and denied any of his shitty behaviours.

The nights Ive spent thinking about poisoning him - has been creative - to say the least.

Jesus christ - I spend as much time as i can out of the house as im on the last of my patience with this fucking moron.

:!

My best and oldest friend (been a brother since second grade, so 27 years now) has been strung out on meth for months and months, actually probably about a year and a half.
Fucking meth, man... my friend has gone from one drug problem to the next in late teens and adulthood. First it was coke, that was bad, then alcohol, that was bad too, I worried about him a lot. Then heroin for years, worried about him all the time. But meth has been, BY FAR, the most fucked up thing he's gotten involved in. I don't even recognize this person. It's so fucked up. I basically think about it all the time and it tears me up. :( He has really big self-esteem problems he has never really addressed. If he can sober up long enough to regain sanity (and at this point that's a big if :|), he has such a long road to recovery. I don't know if he can do it. But god I hope so...

Jesus man, so sorry. I was in a similar situation with my ex but he was on drink and benzos ( and whatever else he could get). This is the worst. Look after yourself, you are not responsible for him - only respond to him when he complies with help/within boundaries ( obviously, you have compassion when hes fucked up) but generally you got yo be an example to him to behave/ go toward normal behaviour - basically lure him, to the other side. When drugs have a hold its basic skinnerian logic with a compassion when your mate is totally disabled - ya know.

This shit is tough, I totally remember. However, it can be done - you just have to split, your connection; consider you're dealing with a 2 year old ( who is as manipulative as a 20+ year old) - I know this sounds awful, but until they get back in the driver seat, they really are functionally disabled - they talk the talk but thats it. YOu hold the space where they would ordinarily 'be' for them until they get their ego and mind back - obviously anyone who is not in control will resent you and think you will take advantage ( but this is where your strength is tested because you surf the line between power and being a parent; to someone who isn't your child)

You empathise with their feelings but dont give in to their bullshit, ya know? Neurologically, your friend is hijacked by what they are taking (this isnt Dr. Phil rhetoric, it's physiological fact), unfortunately. :/

Im in the medical arena and I am all for harm reduction; not scaremongering. Am not into scare tactics but when they are factual they are beyond scare-mongering and are just FACT

Good luck man. Hopefully he'll come out of this and you keep yourself well - dont get sucked in to the anomie - life is hard enough. <3

Last edited:
Thanks, I appreciate the words. Yeah a big problem is he lives 1000 miles away. So it's all through texting (he doesn't have phone service anymore and just facebook chats and that's the only way we can communicate). I saw him last year when he was starting to slip but was still sane. It's a very helpless feeling.

But yeah he's a meth zombie. He's been an alcohol zombie and a heroin zombie and a coke zombie before too, but this one is absolutely the most fucked up he's been, by a longshot. I don't even know where my friend is, he's like a totally different person, whereas with the others he was going to great lengths to stay high including stealing and such, but he didn't believe his brother was living in his ceiling trying to murder him and recording his keystrokes. He's been psychotic for like a year now, I worry that he's done too much damage to come back even if he sobers up.

Another fucking sunrise and it just pisses me off because all I wanted was a little sleep. That massive fireball is like just sitting there, up in the sky, taunting me while I shiver in cold. Thank god it will be gone in a few hours this far up north, only to remind me that it has nothing whatsoever to do with me not being able to sleep. Past 3 months or so have been just one continuous shitstorm of misfortunes, catastrophes, crisis, misery, you name it. It's like I won some kind of reverse lottery I didn't even take part in, the probability of all these things happening back to back / at the same time is just so unbelievably low it's goddamn depressing on it's own.

^Not being able to get adequate sleep is awful but totally get you, sometimes I find the lack of sleep can blur out the reality. This time of the year does not help either - hold tough, mate. Galvnisation is a difficult process.

Last edited:
Thanks CD, this is why I love this community. I don't have the support I wish I did, I've never been close to my family, but I'm pretty decent at dealing with these things. More scary having neurological diseases on both sides, my grandfather on my mother's side died of Parkinsons and now my mom's showing signs. And my dad's huntingtons.

Damn, mate I can't imagine dealing with that.:| Much respect <3

^^in regards to meth addiction, I can relate. That is me, essentially. Drug addiction has been the bain of my existence, from weed, to M/K/psyches, to oxy, to methadone/meth/BENZOS, to now (currently) alcohol. Of all those meth is the only one that even only added to my drug addiction cocktails every couple months, has had absolutely devastating effects that make opiate addiction look not so bad. Jail time, loss of virtually all friends and family, homelessness, etc. and still I think I can do it without going crazy.

My gripe right now is how I've never not been able to take something daily, or end an addiction without starting another. Granted, oxy was the first physical addiction I've had which started about 8 years ago, that was started after abusing the absolute shit out of K and Mdma. This was followed by years and years of methadone. After finally taking my last dose of methadone December 10, I thought I was finally free. That was still the next morning when I started drinking small amounts to 'take the edge off'. This lead to about half a 26er of 40% alcohol a day, which luckily I've managed to quickly cut down to only a few drinks a day, though still need one to leave the house in the morning. Now as I'm basically ready to stop drinking, I'll be obtaining a whole bunch of benzos (my addiction nemesis), H (here we go again), and meth (the absolute devil if there ever was one).

Oh how I truly do wish I could escape my addict ways, unfortunately this is the only life I've ever known.

fighting temptation only a few days rn i'm glad i did a few precautionary measures to deny me access ( sincerely mean that). i dig that, scott. more than half my life, probation or location were only things that had me sober for a period of a year + . it's possible, i know it is the hardest thing in life but fuck it challenge accepted. never underestimate the power you/we have over our thoughts. deep down there is hope for us all, truly believe that.

fighting temptation only a few days rn i'm glad i did a few precautionary measures to deny me access ( sincerely mean that). i dig that, scott. more than half my life, probation or location were only things that had me sober for a period of a year + . it's possible, i know it is the hardest thing in life but fuck it challenge accepted. never underestimate the power you/we have over our thoughts. deep down there is hope for us all, truly believe that.

(((<3))) Amen

today was crazy. the forces that be, be testin me. going about my day, look up... ayy it's the plug i ain't seen in months. resisted with ease tbh. been 5 months since any painkillers, came so far... fuck the devil ya dig what i'm saying.

Thank bts for that one, I'm liking it too tbh. Cheers to you as well.

Hey Xorkoth, I've been in a similar situation to you, not as severe though. The thing I ended up having to do was to just turn my friend completely off. Basically had to pretend like he didn't exist after a certain point. Wouldn't open facebook messages, wouldn't open texts, wouldn't answer calls, and if he came to my work or home, I'd make myself scarce until he was gone. It really really sucked, and he made a lot of the same threats your friend has (except for school shooting), and for awhile we all fed into it unintentionally. We told him he wasn't thinking right, that it was the drugs talking, that he needed sleep/help, and more. He would end up getting what he needed by guilt tripping everyone until he found a weak spot and exploited it.

He did that for awhile and as long as people talked to him and let themselves feel guilty or pitiful for him it got worse. eventually everyone stopped communicating completely with him, and after awhile he couldn't get any money for anything. A few months later he came back around very clearly exhausted and ashamed but not psychotic and willing to listen to our concerns. He finally got treatment and is doing well, but he wouldn't have gotten there if we didn't shut him off.

It's risky, because he might actually do those things he says, because hes in a severe psychosis, but there doesn't seem to be many other options. Sounds like everyone in his life are really being hurt by him and you should take care of yourself first, which is hard but really the thing that will help him the most at this point. What he wants isn't what he needs

Thanks... yeah I have done just that a few weeks back. It's actually really helped me, I'm thinking about it less and less. Which makes me feel kinda guilty but it's reached a point where I'm okay with it because I've done what I could and nothing I've done has helped or has even made it worse. Fortunately my friend lives 1000 miles away from me so he can't just drop by.

Sucks... but he needs to help himself. His family has continually been there for him too, but he just won't accept the help. Hopefully, I can say "yet".

Why does the first piece of mail ever stolen off the front porch have to be my essential..Supplements. IF these poor porch pirate people only knew the lengths I'd go to in order to retrieve what's mine, boots would be a quakin! Think I'll go and start digging the "Silence of the Lambs" pit where they can spend out their days and I can lower items in a basket to them.
evil.gif

That happened to me last year. Coca tea not phenibut, but I've been paranoid about mail ever since.

They probably had no idea what it was.

Bastards.

I just realised that my bottle of 18 year old Glenlivet has on the sticker this phrase: "An enticing BITTER-SWEET SYMPHONY."

I mean I like the Verve just fine but THIS IS FUCKING SCOTCH! WHERE'S YA FUCKING CLASS YA RADGE?! WHAIR'S YIR PATRIOTISM?! QUOTIN' THA FUCKIN' ENGLISH?!

I guess it's still pretty tasty though.

(just goofing off, by the way ;) I like the English fine, as well. In fact I like everyone, as far as it goes. I've been around some, and found the arsehole ratio to be pretty much the same pretty much everywhere.)

*edit*

Oh, hey Jekyl, maybe look at some kind of puppy fence for the pit, yeah? Remember what happened last time! Sorry to hear about that, sounds like the arsehole ratio where you are is keeping pace with the rest of us =/

Last edited:
Oh, hey Jekyl, maybe look at some kind of puppy fence for the pit, yeah? Remember what happened last time!

Good point D.

I wouldn't want some poor pooch to wind up in my Mail Thief Pit.

giphy.gif

Esp while I'm doing my creepy tuck-under dance in front of the mirror..