• TDS Moderators: deficiT | D's | JessFR
  • Bluelight HOT THREADS
  • Let's Welcome Our NEW MEMBERS!

Venting The Vent/Rant Thread Vs. You Silly KnuckleHeads Can Go Fly a Kite!!

D's

Moderator: NMI, TDS
Staff member
Okay so a patient at my job had tested positive for covid19, and to be honest it's really freaking me the fuck out.
I work at a drug/alcohol treatment center for men, we usually house anywhere from 300-500 men at any given time, and since covid we have maybe 200 or so people? maybe a tad more.
Anyways someone in one of the many departments tested positive, and pretty much what my work did was tell us to wear a mask, and if they wanted to have a meeting in the morning(today) via zoom.
It's messed up how the second they hear that there is a covid case, they(as in upper management) decided to not go into work, and instead just zoom the other expendable/essential employees.
I mean I am grateful that I have a job, but still. I mean if I get sick I am fucked.

Just hope something positive comes from all of this.

Anonymous Dissident

Bluelighter
I was woken up early this morning by a reverse 911 call telling me to be prepared to evacuate due to a raging wildfire about 5 miles west of me. I can hardly breathe outside due to the thickness of the smoke. I still haven't been ordered to go, but fuck this stress!! That's not a good start to a Friday🤬

hydroazuanacaine

bluelighter
i’ve been sleep deprived from mania, passed out, and smash my head against the hardwood floor. it’s pouring blood. knocked my myself clean out. no way I’m spending tonight in the ER though. with medicaid they make me sit there for hours.

i called my dad because i live by myself and he’s a doc. he said don’t take a bunch of valium to go back to bed. yeah, ok.

hydroazuanacaine

bluelighter
spent hours on the couch today shaking and clutching my stomach. had no idea why other than i have been unable to eat for weeks, lost 40 pounds (huge for me, because my healthy weight is 160), have black stool, all kinds of problems. then i took a handful of valium and was able to eat, go get a coffee, they have a check mark system where every 10 is free so i was able to get one for the homeless guy that hangs out on my apartment stairs (it's cold outside and he loves it) and i feel so worthless in life anything i can do to slightly improve someone's day is important to me.

but the problem is the valium made this all possible. i don't know what to do about benzos. my psych has no problem giving them to me (even scripts me 30 x 30mg temezapam too), but i've been taking them for 17 years and know how big of a toll you pay for their benefits. i desperately need to find a way to make life work without them. i'm trying sertaline and lamotrigine, but they are not working yet. in fact the sertaline set off a manic episode that had significant consequences.

now my parents -- who are really to old to be taking care of me -- are driving 5 hours to pick me up and take me to their house. they think i'm never moving back here, which is not at all the case. but it will be good to go home and see family.

Audiobook

Bluelighter
Well, I am basically done with Walmart for the most part.

I’m done with them expecting me to do three things at once when they don’t wanna assign other people to any tasks or they don’t have anyone or any other BS they pull out of their asses.

I also feel like they are using me bc I do work hard and have kinda a workaholic personality.

I applied to be a Whole Foods Shopper and I have my New Hire appt on Monday.

I would be able to choose my own shifts and such, I do not plan to quit Walmart until I see how easy it is to get a few shifts a week, as I saw on the WF Shopper Reddit that it can be hard to pick up shifts depending on your store.

I am only doing this as I have access to federal student loans since I am in school AND the fact that I need time to focus on school. I am no longer devoting my life to Walmart and I already feel so much happier.

I should not have many issues with the drug test unless one of the medications I am on turns up a false positive, but I plan on asking about that and bringing my meds in their bottles so I have proof I am on them.