• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Venting The Vent/Rant Thread Vs. You Silly KnuckleHeads Can Go Fly a Kite!!

Why does the first piece of mail ever stolen off the front porch have to be my essential..Supplements. IF these poor porch pirate people only knew the lengths I'd go to in order to retrieve what's mine, boots would be a quakin! Think I'll go and start digging the "Silence of the Lambs" pit where they can spend out their days and I can lower items in a basket to them.
evil.gif

Im sorry, It bekoned me - come, im wonewy... I looked around but nobody claimed it - you snooze you lose. :(

..."goodbye horses, la la, la la, la laaaa...."x

Asclepius, I was reading a Jacqueline Carey book today and came across a god named Asclepius. Is that where you got your name from?

Nope, that was the name given to me by my greek, toga-wearing, parents that used to let me cuddle snakes in meh crib- tis all. :)

...I hope she didn't talk shit about me btw - dont want her selling any stories to the daily-scandal-rag now?

A little bird told me you got your name from a Master of Shadows, some Harry Potter, pot-induced, Wizard?:)

Last edited:
I did not, I got it from a custom title I won ("Shadowmeister") from a photo contest in the LAVA forum. I had to change it for a time because of a divorce. My old name (which I will return to hopefully soon) is a name I made up from a game I used to love when I was 13.

a moment ago, a random a woman was rude to me on the sidewalk. i took a photo with a flash. not of her, or even close. i took it of another stranger because they were walking through a neon light. maybe she thought i photographed her. maybe she was mad i photographed anyone randomly. whatever she thought, she said "hey, please come here" from the stair stoop that she was sitting. she said "please" and wasn't screaming, but it was in an aggressive, mock polite tone. there was a metal railing with vine decorative pattern between us. i starred at her for a second without responding or walking toward her. she started unzipping her purse and repeated her request that i approach her. i hadn't been paying attention to what she'd been doing until she started talking to me, so i'm not all that sure, but it very much felt that she was removing weapon such as pepper spray. she was clearly crazy, drunk, and/or on drugs. i usually keep walking even when sane, sober people get mad about photographs. as i turned and walked away she screamed curses at me at the top of her lungs.

no biggie. lots of crazy people in the street say mean things. but she wasn't completely-gone crazy. she was crazy rude. i'm getting better and better at not letting other's inappropriate behavior bother me. it still irks me that she swore at me. and a little bit that she was going to remove a weapon, but as it was unlikely a gun that part bothers me less than the swearing at me about something that was none of her business.

it's important to not let strangers have the power to ruin your good mood. it can be difficult. how could she yell curses at me, her fellow human being, without knowing what i was doing or who i am. although it was not even a temptation, i had a moment of want to turn around once she yelled at me as i walked away. i don't want people to have that negative influence on me.

Last edited:
^ I always used to react very strongly in situations like that too, with similar thoughts running through my mind. My first instinct is still to feel attacked on some level by their attitude, actions or behaviour. But now I temper that and turn it around by reminding myself that an outburst like that has literally nothing to do with me, my intentions or anything I'm doing. It's purely a sign of a person who's pretty mentally damaged or drugged in some way (overt hostility/rudeness to complete strangers is neither logical nor based on any rational kind of intellectual reasoning) and so there's nothing to gain thinking beyond that. And the moment I begin to feel even the tiniest bit of empathy or concern for the angry fucked up person who'd so randomly be shouting at me for no reason except their own sadly mangled brain, my emotional state shifts entirely - away from me and instead about them - and I feel good again with no lingering thoughts or ruminations about the encounter. Though a crazy is still a crazy so a quick march outta there is required anyway...

I remember one time when I was 15, and I worked at a grocery store bagging groceries. There was this woman in line, and she was obviously having a really bad day, but one of those people that takes it out on others. She was bitching loudly about how someone took forever to help her find something, and about how she was late, and about how this and that and this and that were wrong. The people in line were uncomfortable. When she got to the front, she was like "I need plastic bags. Not paper, plastic". I was like okay, absolutely. I bagged all her groceries, there were like 6 bags, she was watching me the whole time, snapping at me to do it differently. When I was done, and she paid, she turned to me and just started screaming at me "I SAID PAPER INSIDE PLASTIC, NOT PLASTIC YOU IDIOT!!" She started verbally berating me, a 40 year old woman screaming obscenities at a 15 year old when she clearly said plastic and was watching me bag is "wrong" the whole time and really she simply just wanted to scream at someone. I was scared though since this grown woman was in my face. The cashier came to my defense and said he heard her just say plastic too and that she was being really inappropriate yelling at a kid. Then the manager came over and told the lady she'd write us both up, me for doing it wrong and him for "talking back". Then she left. We assumed she was just telling the woman that but then she actually brought us into the office and wrote us both up and yelled at us about customer service. :cautious:

I dunno your story reminded me of that suddenly. It really shook me up at the time but it was also an important lesson to me that sometimes when people treat you badly, it is 100% their thing, and it does not actually reflect on you at all. No matter what I had done, this woman was hell-bent on yelling at me. It also was an important lesson that it sucks bagging groceries at a grocery store. =D

yo fucking benzos. they are so good and so useful but the physical dependance aspect ruins them.

word, CFC. shitty day at work, Shadowmeister. funny you remember it. what sticks with us.

sometimes i'm the crazy person. there were these teenagers sitting in a car outside my parents' house when i left. i asked them what they were doing and they nervously mumbled. i yelled at them "don't fucking buy drugs on this street." a lot of different things were going through my head and i meant to say something calmer, but it suddenly started raining right after i unrolled my window. so i had to be succinct. when i drove away, they talked about me as that crazy person.

Last edited:
noticed my ceiling fan clicks. stuff like that drives me insane.

wish i was more giving. i'm working on it.

i ended up taking too many benzos (again, broken record), and tried to pull the bandaid off because i hate how long it takes to taper even after a short period of daily use. thought i was cool, but, as usual, it took until day two. which fucks you. waiting until you are sick to take a taper dose is no good. how else are you supposed to know if you used too long. my head is pulsing so bad my face hurts.

i’m visiting my parents over labor day weekend and desperately don’t want to be in withdrawal during. i want to be fun and pleasant around them.

was so tempted to message your 'good mate' who brought you out the other nigth about your trip to AE
about the giant gash on your head that happened after your night out where he kindly slipped off after your mothers funeral - you could have severely injured yourself, but its none of my business who you choose to fraternise with - but I couldnt give a fkc at this stage - neglectful cunts

Just when I mopped up your blood from the stairway,I am really close to ringing that childish cunt and asking him how many shades of stupid he is, to let you out in that state.

This is your call but tbh I think your friends are beyond cunts when it comes to your welfare and I would LOVE to give them a piece of mind - not mine, just sense, because they are neglecting you. And it breaks my heart to see that as I know you're the opposite.

Yeah, I think Im going to take it to task.
Morons.

Black widows in my apartment and out of Ativan. Great. My mind is salivating, just waiting for me to go to bed

Had to fucking kick my friend out. He went into alcohol psychosis and started shouting and breakind shit.
Then he fucking broke my doorglass and we fought. Now theres a gash on my arm and I feel the worst Ive felt in weeks.

i got my favorite pills today, how ? i dunno... the devil maybe cause i never thought i'd see them again. and this was like one of those i can't believe these are fucking in my hand rn moments. so whatever relapse! pretty chill rn

I hate these cunt dealers who suddenly stop texting you. Then they hit you up after their "better offer" dried out and youre like "....no"

Utilize capitalism and shit free markets etc but just dont be a cunt

I hate these cunt dealers who suddenly stop texting you. Then they hit you up after their "better offer" dried out and youre like "....no"

Utilize capitalism and shit free markets etc but just dont be a cunt

Mine text me today:

Yo
Is your account still in negative

Please
I got to get 2 grand today
Call me

well mr hello and how are you to yourself too
CUNT!