• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

The United States first safe injection sigh

He is saying that humans are very good at getting by. Working a 9-5 and holding down a heroin addiction is probably easier than living with no such thing as even a blink of technology, and building your house from sand.

Last edited:
Not sure I am able to make sense of the last part though (the 200,000 years ago part is what I mean)

Well, I guess if we're discussing just the genus Homo, then we could go back millions of years. But, the earliest Homo Sapien skeleton found in Africa is 200,000 years old (or maybe 300,000 I can't remember exactly). So, just imagine how difficult life was for us then, and we didn't all commit mass suicide then, either. Our species wouldn't be here without that survival instinct, no matter how horrible the individual's life was.

There were still poppies, kratom, tobacco.

Nothing like today where we are twisted up on 20 drugs. The future looks grim. Its really gonna be like star wars with the craziest mutated people.

Back then: you would not know any better. In other words: probably none of US would be able to go back in time with nothing other than our knowledge and be happy with all we had, or no longer had, at our disposal having gone back in time 200 000 or millions of years ago

You're right there. There is a component to factor in with our social constructs, where we have more variables to weigh about what a perceived quality of life "should" be. Apparently, it's not enough to override our survival instincts (for the most part, of course.)

As far as I know there aren't any in the UK except for the clandestine one currently being run in Scotland that I posted.

Props to the US for getting this done.

Yes we do have a mobile syringe exchange down here in SD (RV), but it is not, nor has it ever been a safe place to shoot up. Cops are not supposed to bust people in those areas during exchange hours and you get a little card that makes it legal for you to carry IV paraphernalia, but that's about it. In fact I don't even know if you can still get a charge for rigs in California anymore. I know you used to be able to get a misdemeanor paraphernalia charge back when heroin possession was still a felony, but maybe prop 47 or more liberal city/state laws have changed things in recent years.

Yes we do have a mobile syringe exchange down here in SD (RV), but it is not, nor has it ever been a safe place to shoot up. Cops are not supposed to bust people in those areas during exchange hours and you get a little card that makes it legal for you to carry IV paraphernalia, but that's about it. In fact I don't even know if you can still get a charge for rigs in California anymore. I know you used to be able to get a misdemeanor paraphernalia charge back when heroin possession was still a felony, but maybe prop 47 or more liberal city/state laws have changed things in recent years.

We generally have better HR in MD but that's because it's such a bad problem here. Not sure about the rig thing, but at least we have good samaritan laws.

^Ya I know we have a Good Samaritan law in place here as well. All I know is that I was able to get all my old possession charges and even an old commercial burglary charge retroactively changed to misdemeanors, so that was pretty sweet. Having a felony really fucks up your quality of life in sobriety sometimes so it makes sense to give us a better chance. I would imagine MD has some decent HR. I've seen the Wire. I know what's going on over there. 😉