• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive The Tapering Supportive/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you ever discover a way to digest food without agonising pain, please share. That is my biggest downfall even though I know how stupid using opiates to help digestion is! They help the pain and the pain was definitely worse before I went back to self medicating, for years, not delusion that part. If I have just eaten and I'm relaxed and comfortable, resting as the food settles, then something startles me or a person is angry near me then its straight back to agony.
Have you tried weed? I’m not dealing with the digestive issues you describe, but I just started using it a few months ago and I have never eaten this much in my entire life! Even stuff I normally avoid because of bloating or gas cramping..... it all goes down easy and I can just keep eating forever.

@Squeaky , Wow ?? Clean from opiates for 4 months, and no tolerance reduction?? That does not sound good to me :unsure:.
Thank you for all the information you share. I am still at the same place I have been for a few years , wanting to "Be Clean" but never stopping for more than a week??
I have gabipentin, and will start to take it? I am prescribed 300mgs/3xs a day?? I just read on here that Gab has its own fucked up withdrawals , and do not want to leave a Hydro habit for a Worst one??
But I dont Know what to do??
Coming here and 12 step meetings really helps!! I get so much relief that I am Not broken and Alone in this battle we call life??

@papercuts hi, hope you are managing the digestive catch 22 well enough.

Indeed, only real foods will heal a gut. No liquid meals, it's artificial whatever composes it.

I can barely make any sense currently. I didn't eat or sleep for 2 days due to stress, anxiety and digestive chaos from fight and flight.

I then somehow tripped even more deeply on LSD than ever. Mindblowing stuff. Hours of knowing or remembering next to nothing of myself, in a timeless, spaceless dimension, endless waves of hallucinogenesis.

All day time yesterday my nerves and anxiety were tested to the extreme, beyond it.

The million ugly sounds, I call them, of "unconsciousness".

Edit- done all my nightmate daily allergy management. Oli pulling with coconut oil, gets a tonne of upper respiratory mucus loose and clear.

Oil pulling is also the best and only real way to ensure optimal oral, tooth, gum health and no cavities ever. It's also a powerful detoxer.

And boosts metanolism, anti ageing.

I pul pull though primarily for mucus and respiratory issues.

Then I did an intensely painful daily steam inhalation with esential oils. Below is the set up. I fill a travel mug (pictured) to near very top with boiled water, so once tipped as in picture the water level is a mm from the top front of mug rim.

The oils I use for this olympian task.

And the china cup I use to evacuate a heinous amount of dense, suffocating mucus from my airways. That is only half the amount I cleared, so ingeniously, since one hour ago.

Organic cayenne + Organic turmeric teaspoon each just before, after oil pulling.

A "Zapper" over my chest too, before the actual steam itself, I have already cleared over a cup worth of this mucus from lungs.

Then, right after steam, vitamin C powder, oil of oregano (vital also for digestive function for me, since 2006, and an asthma inhaler.

In all, it's 2.5 hours. Then like most luckier folks who just roll out of bed, I can now shower, but am flat exhausted from the heavy muscular exertion of evacuating the mucus- not an option to skip it, no food, outings, any sense of comfort before then.

I can breathe infinitely better now.

So, @papercuts this is it. I took it 5 am yesterday as tripping so beyond in extreme digestive pain is the worst.

This stuff though like everything causes more mucus. Severe amount. The vinegar more than the Colosan, but it only works with ACV or Lemons/limes. I'm allergic to citrus though.

My stomach and bowels were very painful, the only reason I did the steam just now, is because I needed colosan again. Only possible if I clear the lung congestion first.

I took some just now. Instant relief from pain.

Best way is taking colosan daily, twice, for 10-12 days. See how you feel, then!

At the very least it is something that you can reach for when you only other option is to spend one or two days riding out excruciating pain and discomfort as your intestines clear but by doing this you can literally put the brakes on it immediately and be feeling really quite wonderful inside.

I don't feel that you personally have anything to lose by possibly trying this anyway.

I am going to order a new pot and my intention is to just try and put up with the mucus effects because it will be so worthwhile the other side, To put myself on a little course of this stuff for awhile to massively detox and clean out my intestines.

This automatically frees up your system to process food so much more comfortable even if nothing else has changed.

So things are actually much better than they were an hour ago thanks to clearing all that mucus from my lungs and more.

My focus throughout the pain for steam inhalation, as my stomach was max painful thoughout intestines from having to attempt food eventually yesterday.

Lastly, difference a day makes, 24 little hours. And a 12 hour sleep, vs a day ago just about back in the present.

One word on the Colosan- it floods your system with pure oxygen when combined with ACV or Lemon. Lemon works a bit better possibly too.

Meaning, lots of sudden watery bowel movements. I've had over 20 in a day before.

More comfortable, less pain, cleaner and lighter with each.

Last edited:
So.........
I didn’t fall off the wagon. It was more of a swan dive followed by a belly flop into an empty swimming pool.
I told my Dr that I want to taper off the pills. (I don’t want to just stop answering the phone because I’ll probably need more surgeries in the future and I want to leave on good terms).

Long story short, the Dr switched me to Percocet. I can’t use the amount I was using before because of the Acetaminophen would destroy my liver. But after 4 months of abstinence I should expect to need a much smaller amount than before, right? Nope!

I’m still using Kratom several times per day. That stuff has kept my tolerance really high. Last night I took 90mg oxy (9perc 10’s) and basically got nothing from it. It just relieved my aches from the Kratom withdrawals.

Want a cure for opioid dependence? Kratom helps withdrawals and made me immune to opiates. Early this morning I took some more percs (6). It’s peaceful here and I want to see exactly what the effects will be without any distractions. But basically I now have little use for my tiny blue death pills.

Truthfully I’m sad. I’m going to need at least one more major back surgery in the future. The small bit of happiness we all experience with the pain killers is gone, presumably for ever. That little voice in the back of my mind for the last 4 months, the one that told me to be strong and not cheat; he just picked up his toys and went home. I guess this is the part where I begin the rest of my life, without being a ‘patient’ anymore.
Since you now consider yourself immune from the effects, can you put them away in your wife's hands for safekeeping?
Or does this start the self delusion going again?
I celebrated one month by resuming for two days, I celebrated two months in the same way except I didn't go back to being abstinent after.
I hope you stay off them because you really seem happier with yourself that way.

@papercuts hi, hope you are managing the digestive catch 22 well enough.

Indeed, only real foods will heal a gut. No liquid meals, it's artificial whatever composes it.

I can barely make any sense currently. I didn't eat or sleep for 2 days due to stress, anxiety and digestive chaos from fight and flight.

I then somehow tripped even more deeply on LSD than ever. Mindblowing stuff. Hours of knowing or remembering next to nothing of myself, in a timeless, spaceless dimension, endless waves of hallucinogenesis.

All day time yesterday my nerves and anxiety were tested to the extreme, beyond it.

The million ugly sounds, I call them, of "unconsciousness".

Edit- done all my nightmate daily allergy management. Oli pulling with coconut oil, gets a tonne of upper respiratory mucus loose and clear.

Oil pulling is also the best and only real way to ensure optimal oral, tooth, gum health and no cavities ever. It's also a powerful detoxer.

And boosts metanolism, anti ageing.

I pul pull though primarily for mucus and respiratory issues.

Then I did an intensely painful daily steam inhalation with esential oils. Below is the set up. I fill a travel mug (pictured) to near very top with boiled water, so once tipped as in picture the water level is a mm from the top front of mug rim.

The oils I use for this olympian task.

And the china cup I use to evacuate a heinous amount of dense, suffocating mucus from my airways. That is only half the amount I cleared, so ingeniously, since one hour ago.

Organic cayenne + Organic turmeric teaspoon each just before, after oil pulling.

A "Zapper" over my chest too, before the actual steam itself, I have already cleared over a cup worth of this mucus from lungs.

Then, right after steam, vitamin C powder, oil of oregano (vital also for digestive function for me, since 2006, and an asthma inhaler.

In all, it's 2.5 hours. Then like most luckier folks who just roll out of bed, I can now shower, but am flat exhausted from the heavy muscular exertion of evacuating the mucus- not an option to skip it, no food, outings, any sense of comfort before then.

I can breathe infinitely better now.

So, @papercuts this is it. I took it 5 am yesterday as tripping so beyond in extreme digestive pain is the worst.

This stuff though like everything causes more mucus. Severe amount. The vinegar more than the Colosan, but it only works with ACV or Lemons/limes. I'm allergic to citrus though.

My stomach and bowels were very painful, the only reason I did the steam just now, is because I needed colosan again. Only possible if I clear the lung congestion first.

I took some just now. Instant relief from pain.

Best way is taking colosan daily, twice, for 10-12 days. See how you feel, then!

At the very least it is something that you can reach for when you only other option is to spend one or two days riding out excruciating pain and discomfort as your intestines clear but by doing this you can literally put the brakes on it immediately and be feeling really quite wonderful inside.

I don't feel that you personally have anything to lose by possibly trying this anyway.

I am going to order a new pot and my intention is to just try and put up with the mucus effects because it will be so worthwhile the other side, To put myself on a little course of this stuff for awhile to massively detox and clean out my intestines.

This automatically frees up your system to process food so much more comfortable even if nothing else has changed.

So things are actually much better than they were an hour ago thanks to clearing all that mucus from my lungs and more.

My focus throughout the pain for steam inhalation, as my stomach was max painful thoughout intestines from having to attempt food eventually yesterday.

Lastly, difference a day makes, 24 little hours. And a 12 hour sleep, vs a day ago just about back in the present.

One word on the Colosan- it floods your system with pure oxygen when combined with ACV or Lemon. Lemon works a bit better possibly too.

Meaning, lots of sudden watery bowel movements. I've had over 20 in a day before.

More comfortable, less pain, cleaner and lighter with each.
One bowl of porridge, one bowl of soup I made from veg and two slices of bread from a loaf I made. It keeps me alive but its boring to only eat that in a day, plus three coffees, that keeps my bowels on the move, I don't take laxatives unless I've been too much on opiates, my guts sort themselves in the end, then I get to eat like everyone else for a while until it all goes wrong again and I'm back on porridge and soup. And a peach, a banana and some grapes. I mean it is good food, I look healthy, I just go wrong inside very very easily and then everything hurts relentlessly for days or weeks.

One bowl of porridge, one bowl of soup I made from veg and two slices of bread from a loaf I made. It keeps me alive but its boring to only eat that in a day, plus three coffees, that keeps my bowels on the move, I don't take laxatives unless I've been too much on opiates, my guts sort themselves in the end, then I get to eat like everyone else for a while until it all goes wrong again and I'm back on porridge and soup. And a peach, a banana and some grapes. I mean it is good food, I look healthy, I just go wrong inside very very easily and then everything hurts relentlessly for days or weeks.
That's where the Colosan is godsend. Turns weeks into hours.

I took some earlier. My digestive system was in pretty dire pain. Usually, it would need 2-3 days to resolve if I barely eat, the less eaten the faster restoration, and vice versa.

But no way could today have been pain free.

In under 3 minutes earlier from taking the Colosan and ACV, the pain and discomfort vanished.

I need to manage extra respiratory symptoms for using it, which interferes or adds complication to my full routine of ingestion, psychoactives and fuel.

But I'm definitly going to take it as much as I can manage for a while.

I'll take a second dose after a shower. Slow slow going today, pretty wasted.

The colosan though, just makes insides, and therefore all over, feel good.

If not only for the mucus reactions I have, colosan alone would give me a life wuality of relative heaven.

Also, Colosan isn't actually a laxative.

Like Dulcolese is it?

Castor oil is. Ghastly tasting stuff too lol. Yuck.

The magnesium oxides clean the intestines, of all debris, toxins, irritants, the HCL generated by Vinegar or Lemon reacts with the magnesium to split it from the oxygen, which is released instantly and the magnesium, in the oxide form is quickly flushed rather than absorbed as a mineral.

I swear the oxygen has a general repairative and rejuvenating effect on the intestines and digestive system.

So it's to me, right now in fact, a very gut healing practice above all. The pain abolishment on top.

Since you now consider yourself immune from the effects, can you put them away in your wife's hands for safekeeping?
Or does this start the self delusion going again?
I celebrated one month by resuming for two days, I celebrated two months in the same way except I didn't go back to being abstinent after.
I hope you stay off them because you really seem happier with yourself that way.
I figured out that what I’m really addicted to is that moment when everything hurts and the pain gets stripped away. It’s not exactly getting high that draws me back, because I’m not getting much of anything from the pills except guilt. There is however a moment when I can feel that my body has stopped hurting, about an hour after taking my pills, and it’s that moment that keeps me wanting to have my prescription back.

Meanwhile, I’m done with the percs. Wife is holding everything again. No doubt I could easily get back on the oxy train if not for her.

Hey all !!! Still on my oxy unfortunately my Kratom usage when I didn’t have any really jacked my tolerance so I have to take about 80 mg a day ; 2(40’s ) , one in am 1 in pm . A little tip to share ; I got covid and I swear the oxy helped so much , I barely had a cough the oxy really helped with symptoms. I got really scared because I ran out and my breathing got worse and I made my hubby go and get me more and it helped so much !
Squeaky you are doing awesome so glad to hear you are stocking up your oxy , that’s awesome 👏

Lot's of stress and anxiety lately.
Yes it's quite an experience.

Now I have TMJ can't eat. Still have to communicate. I think that is what I have.
I think had it only a couple times in my life time. At least I got rid of those forsaking full blown cluster headaches. But I had to get real slow to do it. Those things knocked me back into the stone ages. Yes I said it and omg the dab did wonders.

Jesus I hope to heal by maybe tomorrow somehow. Need water and cannot chew.

What is this too sick to look it up.
Isn't TMJ where your jaw sort of dislocates on one side? Do you have hypermobile joints in general? It can indicate all sorts of problems up to and including EDS, Marfan's symdrome and brittle bone disease. Just wondering because I know a little about those and lots of people don't realise they have a connective tissue disorder if they have very loose joints, constant pain and can't digest food well.

Hey folks....
Some really honest sharing on this thread..
Me?
Tapering down , again.. Norco/tramadol

Hit the insomnia last night, restless legs...

"Cant live with or without..."

I know I'll hit the refill button...and it starts all over..
Groundhog days..yep

Oh I missed a few pages sorry to hear you started back up and the magic is def gone 😒 Squeky.
I’m doing well. The percocet works better than Kratom but I have to take 8 or 10 at a time. Good thing I have a strong liver.....

Be careful Squeaky, you have a strong liver, until you don't. There is a finite amount of stress the liver can take.
I know. There’s very little grey area between “O.K.” liver and a liver transplant. One of my problems with the oxy 30’s was that I had no fear. It didn’t matter how much I used (up to 600 mg per day) I never had any physical health related problems. These percs scare me. My liver is strong but not invincible.

I’m doing well. The percocet works better than Kratom but I have to take 8 or 10 at a time. Good thing I have a strong liver.....
I'm over the shock now, Squeaky I hope you are ok and not putting pressure on your wife to give you more than she is comfortable with and not putting so much pressure on yourself to be perfect either. If your wife's anything like my husband, she'd give you more just to see you smile.
I know that codeine can be seperated from a mix with acetaminophen/paracetamol using cold water extraction because the acetaminophen/paracetamol forms large crystals at below 1'C but opioids tend to not freeze until lower temps are reached, so you can catch the ice crystals in a coffee filter as the mixture begins to freeze and that removes a good portion of the acetaminophen/paracetamol while the good stuff stays in the unfrozen part of the solution. If it works with percs too your liver might thank you. Maybe someone else has a link to recipes, or Erowid might have a method.

I desperately crave pain relief. I had no pain killers for 4 months. Yesterday I took way too many percocets and actually got my pain down to a ‘1’ or a ‘2’ for about 6 hours. I didn’t get buzzed at all thanks to Kratom :(... and I didn’t care that there was no ‘high’. It was just really nice to not think about my pain for a while.

I know the acetaminophen in Percocet is really dangerous, and that is stopping me from getting back on that train. But I had almost forgotten what it was like to be free, and I did lose track of all of the physical pains that I live with. Yesterday opened my eyes to just how jacked up my body really is.

The human body was never intended to suffer like this but our lives shouldn’t be dependent on some big drug company for daily existence. I’m just really burned out I guess.

I know. There’s very little grey area between “O.K.” liver and a liver transplant. One of my problems with the oxy 30’s was that I had no fear. It didn’t matter how much I used (up to 600 mg per day) I never had any physical health related problems. These percs scare me. My liver is strong but not invincible.
I hear ya mate. I always thought my liver was invincible, until my last hospital detox in January, and they found a small patch of cirrhosis on my liver (at only age 36). It completely scared me sober. I've been sober ever since.

I'm over the shock now, Squeaky I hope you are ok and not putting pressure on your wife to give you more than she is comfortable with and not putting so much pressure on yourself to be perfect either. If your wife's anything like my husband, she'd give you more just to see you smile.
I know that codeine can be seperated from a mix with acetaminophen/paracetamol using cold water extraction because the acetaminophen/paracetamol forms large crystals at below 1'C but opioids tend to not freeze until lower temps are reached, so you can catch the ice crystals in a coffee filter as the mixture begins to freeze and that removes a good portion of the acetaminophen/paracetamol while the good stuff stays in the unfrozen part of the solution. If it works with percs too your liver might thank you. Maybe someone else has a link to recipes, or Erowid might have a method.
I’m trying hard to not do the CWE trick. I know if it works I’ll burn through my percs like I did my oxy’s.
I’ll live. I drank a liter of gin and whiskey every day for more than a decade. About 5 years ago I just quit. No withdrawals. In the middle of that I had extensive blood work done and I was very healthy(even got drunk the night before). Some extra Tylenol won’t do me in but it’s keeping me honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.