• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive The Tapering Supportive/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fucked up and I'm having to do a mini taper again. Dont even know whether its opiates or benzos making me I'll tbh, probably a bit of both.

The only opiates I have left are co-codamol so I'm slightly concerned about the amount of paracetamol I'm consuming.

Today I dosed:

4am...120mg codeine
9am....100mg tramadol, 90mg codeine, 5mg diazepam
2pm.....90mg codeine
6.30pm 90mg codeine

I'll try to not dose anything again before bed tonight but I might have a couple of beers.

Tomorrow I'll go 4x90mg codeine and my last 5mg diazepam at some point, day after 4x60mg codeine, day after maybe 2x60mg and 2x30mg, day after 4x30mg.

God, this again.....:rolleyes:

Still off all opiates and even stopped the Kratom , it was just getting too hard to Drink all the time and I was getting hardly a buzz anymore . Finally feeling normal again guys and it feels great ! Thought I would never be the same after oxy 💕.
We tried MDMA for the first time ever , I only did 1/2 a pill but it was amazing, it felt like the first couple times I did opiates ,amazing euphoria , energy and cozy everything right with the world feeling . I know you can’t do mdma all the time so I really savored it and hope to try it again in a few months with a full dose .
Hope everyone is doing good 💐

I fucked up again too @THECATINTHEHAT

You are lucky to have codeine.

I have to make it to the 4 th and I have no morphine.
plus I have jacked my tolerance up.

So, I am sweating it out.
I need to go get a few Loperamide.
I do have Kratom.
Those are what raised my tolerance though.
But at this point, I have to taper down.

God....this again! :rolleyes:

Good job @Larimar !
really proud of you and that is great to hear.
<3

Still off all opiates and even stopped the Kratom , it was just getting too hard to Drink all the time and I was getting hardly a buzz anymore . Finally feeling normal again guys and it feels great ! Thought I would never be the same after oxy 💕.
We tried MDMA for the first time ever , I only did 1/2 a pill but it was amazing, it felt like the first couple times I did opiates ,amazing euphoria , energy and cozy everything right with the world feeling . I know you can’t do mdma all the time so I really savored it and hope to try it again in a few months with a full dose .
Hope everyone is doing good 💐
Careful Larimar.
MDMA is awesome. Best with loud music.... and sex!
The depression that comes the next day though is pretty harsh. As bad as oxy, or worse. Those of us with an addictive personality will get hooked on pretty much anything that makes life more bearable. And then you’ll spend the next rest-of-your-life remembering how nice it was and trying to figure out how to do it again.
I got my hands on about 30 tablets of old school Extacy (pretty much the same as MDMA) a few years ago. Started out with one tab and it lasted all night. Next time it was 1 1/2 tab, then two. Then I spent all week planning to do it again the next weekend until I ran out. Thankfully the person I got it from got arrested and I couldn’t get any more. Considering my battle with oxy recently, I’m really lucky that door got closed in my face.

I fucked up again too @THECATINTHEHAT

You are lucky to have codeine.

I have to make it to the 4 th and I have no morphine.
plus I have jacked my tolerance up.

So, I am sweating it out.
I need to go get a few Loperamide.
I do have Kratom.
Those are what raised my tolerance though.
But at this point, I have to taper down.

God....this again! :rolleyes:

Good job @Larimar !
really proud of you and that is great to hear.
<3
I’m making progress getting off Kratom. It’s slow going but definitely moving in the right direction. Thank god I don’t rely on lope anymore.
I’m guessing you got your script yesterday. That’s awesome! Mine is another week.
Maybe this will be the month I quit.....

I fucked up and I'm having to do a mini taper again. Dont even know whether its opiates or benzos making me I'll tbh, probably a bit of both.

The only opiates I have left are co-codamol so I'm slightly concerned about the amount of paracetamol I'm consuming.

Today I dosed:

4am...120mg codeine
9am....100mg tramadol, 90mg codeine, 5mg diazepam
2pm.....90mg codeine
6.30pm 90mg codeine

I'll try to not dose anything again before bed tonight but I might have a couple of beers.

Tomorrow I'll go 4x90mg codeine and my last 5mg diazepam at some point, day after 4x60mg codeine, day after maybe 2x60mg and 2x30mg, day after 4x30mg.

God, this again.....:rolleyes:
I got down to two doses of oxy per day because I had someone holding my pills. I still ran out because I was taking 2-5 times my prescribed dose, but it was way better than taking small amounts every couple of hours.
A couple of years ago I tried this-
I’m supposed to get 1 pill every 8 hours. I tried as far as 1/4 pill every 2 hours, hoping to use that plan to taper down. It backfired hard and I suffered miserably. I was never without oxy in my blood and I was perpetually in withdrawal.
Lately I have been taking as much as 5 pills at a time, but only twice per day. When I run out it sucks a lot but not nearly as bad as when I was taking 3 doses per day. And nothing sucked like when I was taking 12 small doses per day.
I even had one Dr who strongly cautioned me away from time released oxy. I understand why now. You need some down-time between doses. And the more the better!

It's been a while. I'm still off opiates, it's been over a year and a half now. Since I got off the only thing I've touched is weed, I know it's not the best thing for me but it does help with my stomach issues. Hope everyone is good

It's been a while. I'm still off opiates, it's been over a year and a half now. Since I got off the only thing I've touched is weed, I know it's not the best thing for me but it does help with my stomach issues. Hope everyone is good

12 yrs sobriety and I only smoke green. I think not the detox itself but green helpt me qutting drugs. It's the best thing, belive it. If you can stick to it, stick -- weed's not a drug. Don't fake it.

Hey guys,

How is everyone doing?
I hope everybody is alright.

I am hanging in there.
I got myself into a real problem with the loperamide.
I am having to slowly taper off those.
I am making progress.
Down to 12 mg a day.
It has been hell.

I’m going to be four days short on MS Contin this month.
I am going to use Kratom instead of loperamide.
When I get my next prescription, I am not going to fuck it up again! (at least I am going to really try hard)
This month has been awful!

Hope you all are doing better than me.
Love you guys!
❤️🌹💕🤟🏻

Love you guys!
🌹💕🤟🏻

Sometimes just a little less at a time can help. And then can be significant as you progress. Little steps to help with the large results seems to help, everything.

Anyway, Love to you and I am so sorry that you are so strong but have to have struggles with everything that we all have to go through with self and spirit and strength.

You are so kind and passionate from being here somehow. I really do hope that you get better soon and stay strong to share with us and bless us with your kindness. ee hee he and your smiles.

Please get better try hard. focus. And then work towards having extra supply on hand. That could help allot.

I would like to be able to be prescribed low dose psychedelics or have my own shit.

But you are a new life shifting strength that helps us understand better through lots of good knowledge to try to learn a better outcome of a greater future goal to reach asap.

Anyway, I always miss your good company too.
😎💗😁😉🍬 lol. 🦄

I love you Hylight and that is my favorite message ever!
Thank you!!
😘🌹💕🥰⭐🌸💥

That message has kept me going through some tough weeks!
I keep coming back and reading it when I feel I can’t keep going.
⛈⛈⛈

sssssllllllooooowwwwlllyyy making progress,
I hope to well enough to participate here soon.
❤️❤️❤️

I love you Hylight and that is my favorite message ever!
Thank you!!
😘🌹💕🥰⭐🌸💥

That message has kept me going through some tough weeks!
I keep coming back and reading it when I feel I can’t keep going.
⛈⛈⛈

sssssllllllooooowwwwlllyyy making progress,
I hope to well enough to participate here soon.
❤❤❤
thank you for posting.
that is L💓VE.

THANK YOU FOR ALL THAT YOU DO. 💓💗🦄😁🌊😎🌞 💙
Thank you for being here !!!!!! YEAH.

I’m still using more than prescribed, but having someone to hold my pills is working really well. Some days I actually take less than prescribed. And keeping myself to two doses per day(even though I usually take double or triple doses because my tolerance is so high) has been the best thing I have ever tried. I’m using Kratom for most of the day and night. Whenever I can I take oxy. With my work schedule and the knowledge that I can only have them when I’m not driving or at work, I have gotten used to just looking forward to having someone (Kratom) that gets me through the biggest part of the day and then getting some real relief in the evening.
I’m less of a pill junkie this way also. I can't hide how much I use since I’m being rationed every pill from someone who I really don’t want to disappoint. So I’m not trying to get my pain to absolutely zero like I was doing before. AND when I do run out I’m not withdrawing from a week or two of having oxy in my system non-stop.
Opioid Induced Hyperalgesia is real. I can tell now that the very short-term withdrawals cause nearly as much aches and pains as the pills are supposed to fix.
I knew it would be slow getting back to taking my pills as prescribed. And it is very slow. Retraining myself is taking forever, but I am definitely making progress.

Hey guys,

How is everyone doing?
I hope everybody is alright.

I am hanging in there.
I got myself into a real problem with the loperamide.
I am making progress.
Down to 12 mg a day.
It has been hell.

I’m going to be four days short on MS Contin this month.
I am going to use Kratom instead of loperamide.
When I get my next prescription, I am not going to fuck it up again! (at least I am going to really try hard)
This month has been awful!

Hope you all are doing better than me.
Love you guys!
🌹💕🤟🏻
The big problem I had with lope is how long it takes to work. It was 2-4 hours after dosing for me to feel any effects.
It makes it difficult to taper off by yourself.

I’m still using more than prescribed, but having someone to hold my pills is working really well. Some days I actually take less than prescribed. And keeping myself to two doses per day(even though I usually take double or triple doses because my tolerance is so high) has been the best thing I have ever tried. I’m using Kratom for most of the day and night. Whenever I can I take oxy. With my work schedule and the knowledge that I can only have them when I’m not driving or at work, I have gotten used to just looking forward to having someone (Kratom) that gets me through the biggest part of the day and then getting some real relief in the evening.
I’m less of a pill junkie this way also. I can't hide how much I use since I’m being rationed every pill from someone who I really don’t want to disappoint. So I’m not trying to get my pain to absolutely zero like I was doing before. AND when I do run out I’m not withdrawing from a week or two of having oxy in my system non-stop.
Opioid Induced Hyperalgesia is real. I can tell now that the very short-term withdrawals cause nearly as much aches and pains as the pills are supposed to fix.
I knew it would be slow getting back to taking my pills as prescribed. And it is very slow. Retraining myself is taking forever, but I am definitely making progress.
Sound like you are making some real, long lasting improvements, and you're setting yourself up for success in the long run.

Best,
Ash.

Trying to reset my Gaba tolerance. I was drinking too much and dosing Phenibut every other day for the past 2 weeks and up to 2g the last dose. I've had 2 beers in the past 11 days, so that's going pretty well, but the rebound anxiety is real. Today is day 2 without any Phenibut and I'm feeling a bit nervy and a tiny bit shaky. I'm trying to go at least a week, maybe 2 weeks before I indulge in the Phenibut again. Ideally I'd be using Phenibut at 1g or less, max twice a week. That's the hope anyway. Though I feel kind of crappy, I think i was dosing low enough to be able to avoid tapering and just cold turkey it. Wish me luck!

BK

I am just checking in and will utilize this thread as a journal if I get no responses. I am totally off of the oxymorphone ER as I have run out, and now have 4 days of oxycodone only until I can gather my refill of my extended release medication. I experience no physical withdrawal at all when I take the oxy more frequently than recommended; however, they do not work that well on my pain, and I get no "high" or relief from depression or anxiety and that is fine with me.

Mr. Root: if you happen to read this, would you feel comfortable posting your taper experience off of your opioids? From what I read, it seems as if you had a posting schedule that allowed you to feel comfortable... did you by-pass the physical withdrawals completely? Were you able to sleep?
I am guessing the mental aspects of being totally clean were too uncomfortable so you will begin ORT shortly, is that right?

Anyone who has been able to taper off of opioids and avoided the physical w/d's... especially insomnia.... could you please share your schedule? I have read a lot of different articles/posts that suggest decreasing the daily amount you currently take by a certain percentage every few days or a week... but I have not read of anyone's actual experience. It does not make me feel hopeful; also, my own failures at tapering and holding at a low dosage do not make me feel hopeful either.
If your having trouble sleeping try gravol.dont take a ton though but it helps me

18 days into this month and I still have about 12 pills left. I’m still gonna run out early, but this is real progress. My decision making process is leaning towards 2 per day now. 3 months ago I was using more like 10-12 per day. Kratom is my salvation, even though I do get real withdrawals from kratom. I haven’t had a ‘buzz’ from my oxy in a couple of months now and I’m starting to forget what it used to feel like.
It’s all about stopping wd’s now. My aches and pains are just a way of life now. My oxy lasts a lot longer when I do take a dose, and that is a MAJOR improvement. Having someone to hold my pills has totally changed the way I operate.

Status
Not open for further replies.