• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive The Tapering Supportive/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for some support to lower my tramadol to 25mg tops a day and being able to skipvdays. Wushing everyone the best
It helps to write down your planned dosing for the day. Dropping by 10% each week is doable, but it’s not going to be fun regardless of how much you drop. Best is to have someone else hold your pills and keep you honest or you’ll be tempted to give yourself a ‘treat’ and screw it all up. The games it plays in your head are really hard so plan to binge on Netflix or something like that.

Skipping a day is pretty impossible. If you have been taking it daily for a while you will be in withdrawal on the days you don’t take it, and that won’t ever end. Then on the day you do take it, you’ll most likely only counteract the withdrawals. You probably first need to lower your dose to zero and be off it completely for a couple of weeks. Then maybe use it once or twice a week.
Acute withdrawals last about a week. The worst of it gets better around day 4, but it doesn’t stop sucking until about day 7. Taking a dose every other day just restarts that countdown.
We are all stuck with the memory of how well these pills worked when we were first prescribed them. And we are all trying to figure out a way to get back to that place. It’s really not possible though, and it totally sucks.

Last edited:
Hey my friends!

I hope everyone is doing well and hanging in there.

I was loosing control with my MS Contin.
I handed control over to my mom.
I have upped my tolerance.
I have been suffering it out.
It is going back down now and I am starting to get comfortable again on my 75 mg a day.

I think I am just going to have my mom give me my daily dosage. It gets too tempting for me to use a little more and a little more.
Running out and having to maintain on Kratom or loperamide messes me up too.
I hate to admit it but having someone else in control of my morphine is the best way to go for me.

I made the idiotic error of running way short then using my gabapentin to cover it, then using my clonazepam to cover the gabapentin shortage. Then using morphine to cover the clonazepam shortage. Ugh!
It was a vicious circle of FUCK!
I finally just broke and said “Please take these mom and give them to me daily! I have messed up and I am not in control right now.”

Today I am finally starting to get straightened out.
WHEW!

Good move.
I never got any real advice regarding my pain meds. One doctor handed them out like candy. Another refused even the smallest amount and yelled at me to quit taking them. If someone with real experience had said this is how it would have gone I would have probably asked someone from the start to give them to me daily too.
It seems the only good option is to quit completely or have someone else police them.

Can you recommend the vendor and specify what strand/type of kratom youre referring to please?

well it is called Borneo Herbals. Red Malay.
my dear friend gave it to me to keep me from suffering.

It doesn’t work so great without the morphine on top.
I was on a lower dosage of my prescription and took some of that Kratom to keep me out of withdrawal when I wrote that.
so.....it isn’t as great without that added morphine.
it did help me out greatly though.
but it will raise your tolerance massively in a short period of time so beware of that.

Can you recommend the vendor and specify what strand/type of kratom youre referring to please?
There are a couple of online Kratom distributors. I have used KatsBotanicals, PABotanicals, and KratomKratom. They’re all legit. PABotanicals has the best prices. They all are locked out of major credit cards so I use an E-Check. It’s all legit and safe.
I like Red Maeng Da. Its a bit stronger than Green or White strains. One teaspoon of the powder will work fantastic for most people. Just don’t get greedy and try to get “more high”. You will get nauseous, vomit, and fall asleep. No danger there, just a wasted buzz.
To be clear, I’m no expert. But my most recent order was for 5Kg. And I use it several times a day.

How is everyone doing?

Good news on my end.
I had a full blood work up and tests and they found I was WAY low on Vitamin D.
So low that it could be causing the Narcolepsy issue from that alone.
I am now taking some heavy duty prescription vitamin D once a week and it is helping ALOT!

Also, I got a brand new luxury mattress set and that is making a world of difference for my chronic pain and sleep disorder issues.
The addition of Gabapentin is really helping too.
It is keeping my mood way more stable and it is making the constant vivid dream and nightmare problem less.
I feel like I am getting some actual sleep now.

Those might be some things you guys can try.
Love you ALL!
Be Well.
❤️

Hey all . Finally tried Kratom and I love it . Was able to go 2 days with no pills just Kratom . Gave me energy and I slept well. I’m doing about 3 grams twice a day . It is def hard to get down, been mixing it in OJ or applesauce . I’m thinking this is def doable to get off pills completely and you can’t beat being able to go to the store / ordering and getting it , pretty cheap! Thanks for all the tips I have gotten from this thread and on blue light .

Hey all . Finally tried Kratom and I love it . Was able to go 2 days with no pills just Kratom . Gave me energy and I slept well. I’m doing about 3 grams twice a day . It is def hard to get down, been mixing it in OJ or applesauce . I’m thinking this is def doable to get off pills completely and you can’t beat being able to go to the store / ordering and getting it , pretty cheap! Thanks for all the tips I have gotten from this thread and on blue light .

Good to hear Larimar! 👍👍👍

I need to make me up some capsules of Kratom today.
I will be needing them for a few days.
(I am torn between kratom or Loperamide- Kratom is much safer but the Loperamide works so good for morphine withdrawal)
I have not tried just going with straight Kratom because I am scared it won’t “hold” me.
Doctor next Tuesday morning.

Once I get through this, I will be through my major fiasco that happened over the holidays and back to “stable”.

Get yourself a bunch of empty capsules. That stuff is hard to get down.
I noticed it does raise your tolerance a lot too, so go easy on it.
I think this is an excellent plan for you and your husband to get off the pills!

You take care, stay safe.
Sending you Love and Hugs!
❤️

Larimar- It takes close to two weeks to get 100% past the pills and completely reliant on Kratom. But Kratom wds are no joke either. 3grams is a great dose to be at, but don’t get into the trap of thinking that larger doses will make you feel better. Too much and you WILL throw up, but also the point is to transition towards a life without this crap and you don’t want to just trade one habit for another one.

Especially since the FDA is desperately trying to make Kratom illegal. I recommend stocking up now(I just got my last order in the mail-11lbs!)

I got my script yesterday and handed it to my wife. I was hurting a lit more than usual so I did take some oxy, but at least I had to ask her to give it to me. Normally this morning I would have taken 90mg when I woke up because it’s Friday and why suffer, but I can’t because I would have to ask for it.
It’s way easier to stay honest when there’s someone watching who I don’t want to disappoint. So it’s just Kratom this morning.

I got my script yesterday and handed it to my wife. I was hurting a lit more than usual so I did take some oxy, but at least I had to ask her to give it to me. Normally this morning I would have taken 90mg when I woke up because it’s Friday and why suffer, but I can’t because I would have to ask for it.
It’s way easier to stay honest when there’s someone watching who I don’t want to disappoint. So it’s just Kratom this morning.

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!! ❤️❤️❤️👍👍👍🎊🎈🥂
Good job my friend. Very well done.
I know that was really hard for you.
This month is going to be so much better for you.
You will have the Oxy for when you really need it for pain and having to ask for it tends to keep you from those “fuck it” binges that end up in months of suffering, getting tolerance back down, being short on medication. Etc.

I am suffering through a few days of running myself out again.
I am glad I handed my prescription over to my mom when I did or it would be way more than a few days without.
I’m just going to give it to her to give to me right when I get it!
This is so not worth it.

Kratom is saving my ass right now!
The stores are out of Loperamide.
I was lucky to find one box of 12 gel capsules.
The Kratom is surprisingly working well.
I am comfortable at least and it does have some pain control to it.
I am pleasantly surprised.
I was afraid to just go with Kratom for fear it would not hold off the withdrawal but it is and I even feel pretty decent.
👍👍👍

Hey my friends!

I hope everyone is doing well and hanging in there.

I was loosing control with my MS Contin.
I handed control over to my mom.
I have upped my tolerance.
I have been suffering it out.
It is going back down now and I am starting to get comfortable again on my 75 mg a day.

I think I am just going to have my mom give me my daily dosage. It gets too tempting for me to use a little more and a little more.
Running out and having to maintain on Kratom or loperamide messes me up too.
I hate to admit it but having someone else in control of my morphine is the best way to go for me.

I made the idiotic error of running way short then using my gabapentin to cover it, then using my clonazepam to cover the gabapentin shortage. Then using morphine to cover the clonazepam shortage. Ugh!
It was a vicious circle of FUCK!
I finally just broke and said “Please take these mom and give them to me daily! I have messed up and I am not in control right now.”

Today I am finally starting to get straightened out.
WHEW!

I also found that it is best for someone else to administer the medications, at this time they changed me from alprazolam to diazepam, with abstinence from tramadol I took alprazolam too much and there were days where I was taking 4mg and I did not feel anything, I had reduced for months and did it to lose, now all the valium my mother has and she is giving it to me, 5mg in the morning, 5 in the afternoon and if she sees that I cannot sleep at night, I feel safer this way, at least to get out of the benzos once and for all, with tramadol I don't know what to do, I wouldn't give them to my mother because she simply wants to keep me away from opiates, now my mother accepts that I smoke weed, which is good, since if I I feel anxious about an opiate I can be distracted by it without being judged

Status
Not open for further replies.