• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive The Tapering Supportive/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Mafioso

I have tapered off many times during my life and I found that making a watered down solution and using a little bit every time I felt I couldn’t handle it anymore helped a lot.

Just knowing there was relief there when / if things got too bad helped tremendously for me.

I just kept making it weaker and weaker and set no time period or pressure.
I was honestly amazed how little would help and how quickly I stopped even thinking about the rescue I had at all times.
I think the stress and pressure makes the psychological problems a lot worse and that flares up the physical issues.

Do this at your own pace. Don’t beat yourself up when you have a slip. That is just what happens.
I just look at it as a step back and start trying to take a step forward. Small steps.

Hope you are doing well.
Sending you lots of love and support
Hey thanks for the response... unfortunately alprazolam isn't water soluble and I can't use ethanol(alcohol) as I'll need to taper dose at work, more than likely at least. I'll do some research and see if I can't find something that will work, as it needs to be easily disguisable as plain water. If anyone has any suggestions, I would really appreciate them.

Did you go through much withdrawal when doing it that way? I've only ever done cold turkey or forced rapid tapers, which can be pretty uncomfortable.

rFZY8HH.jpg

Beautiful picture Hylight! ?

Mafioso, it did help me to taper with the watered down solution. The withdrawal still sucked but it didn’t seem nearly as bad.
Just the knowing that I had a rescue there if things got too bad helped a lot.
I used a lower dosage underneath the watered down rescue medication and slowly lowered that every ten days or when my body was stable.

That was one of the most important things- wait until your body adjusts to a lower dosage before you drop the dosage again.
Going at my own pace worked for me.

It is a lot easier to taper than cold turkey or rapid taper. If you go slowly enough, the withdrawal is minimal and you are not putting yourself at risk for seizures and other problems. I also think that tapering helps with paws. Your body is slowly getting weaned down so it isn’t such a shock and you can slowly just get used to not needing or wanting the medication.
You will start to feel better without it.

I haven’t checked back here in a while. I really can’t get used to this new format. I’m a serious creature of habit and I really liked the old format on my phone (high functioning Autistic). Whenever I think of checking BlueLight, I get a headache. So I wind up searching for crap I don’t need on EBay instead.

Shroomi was posting so much. Now nothing. I know we are all hoping he didn’t hurt himself, but I really doubt he did. Just based on the way he talked about doing it for so many years it seems unlikely that he just did it without posting a final goodbye. Hopefully he just finally got some help. My guess is that he’ll be back in a few months with a crazy story about his family dragging him to rehab.

Me ....... I’m in the same boat I have been in for several months now. Just burning through my oxy script 4x faster than prescribed, one week of comfort and 3 weeks of suffering. I’m so good at it now that I’m never scared of running out anymore. It just sucks living this way though. I can’t do anything without consideration for my pills and whether or not I will be in withdrawal on that day. It creates an unbelievable amount of stress that takes up most of my time. It’s like being handicapped and always needing to plan days in advance around whether or not the place I’m going has wheelchair access. I keep saying I’ll quit, but then I don’t. I want help but I guess I’m too afraid to admit I need help.
Sucks.

It is really great to hear from you Squeaky! ❤️
I’m sorry that the new format here is hard for you to manage. I understand.

I really hope things with Shroomy are okay. I have been thinking the same as you.
I know he did tell his dad about the problem so hopefully his family got him some help.
He was really to the point that he had to get some help.
I sure hope and pray he is doing well.
Check in with us Shroomy! Please!! We all love you here and need to know if you are alive brother.

Squeaky, you should try to stick with your prescribed amount and just go through a few weeks of not being very comfortable while your body readjusts to your prescribed dosage. It is horrible that you are living in a state of constant horror over medication.
I don’t think that would be much worse than what you are already going through every month.
Just an idea. I know it is hard. I just hate to hear you are living like that.

It is really great to hear from you Squeaky! ❤
I’m sorry that the new format here is hard for you to manage. I understand.

I really hope things with Shroomy are okay. I have been thinking the same as you.
I know he did tell his dad about the problem so hopefully his family got him some help.
He was really to the point that he had to get some help.
I sure hope and pray he is doing well.
Check in with us Shroomy! Please!! We all love you here and need to know if you are alive brother.

Squeaky, you should try to stick with your prescribed amount and just go through a few weeks of not being very comfortable while your body readjusts to your prescribed dosage. It is horrible that you are living in a state of constant horror over medication.
I don’t think that would be much worse than what you are already going through every month.
Just an idea. I know it is hard. I just hate to hear you are living like that.
My current situation is a difficult one to find an answer to.
I burn through my 30 day script in about 8 days. That sounds horrible except that I withdraw each month from only 8 days use. And I can say from experience that cold turkey from 8 days is a hell of a lot better than cold turkey from months of consistent use at any dosage. Additionally I am getting really good at managing my wd’s with Loperamide and Kratom. So right now I get about a week of comfort followed by 2 or 3 days of depression, and then I wait 2 1/2 weeks to do it again. AND I live in persistent physical pain from my surgeries if I don’t take the pills at all. So the question is:
Is my life better the way it is right now or would it be better if I never touched the pills again? I have done both. And right now all I can think about is how desperately I wanted back on the pills when I quit after surgery number 1(I have had 4now). When I start wd I feel like the pills are the devil, but once the depression wears off I can only think of how nice it was to not hurt for a few days.
P.O. - I tell myself that I will do exactly what you suggest every month, and then I never do. There’s no question I’m addicted, but my neighbor is addicted to insulin (diabetic).
I think I really need to get my tolerance down. I might try throwing away next months pills away before I can use them. Maybe that will get me off them for long enough without screwing up my situation with my Dr(don’t want to make the mistake if telling him I quit!)

I think you should do what you can and whatever is really best for your quality of life.
That is pretty much the main concern for you and I.
Keep as comfortable as possible.

I can’t do it without my medication’s. My symptoms are severe. It is the only way I can think to be honest.
I have no judgement on what your doing at all.

I guess you have two choices. Well three.
1- stay on just the oxy
2-stay on just the loperamide and Kratom
3- try to stop both.

I’m here.i know this is tough. Living in pain and having the neurological thing sucks.
I want you to be as comfortable as possible.
I did just stick it out until my body readjusted and it did.
It wasn’t great but not that bad and now it is done and reset tolerance.
It was hell for me going back and forth too much.

hi, guys! I thought i would slip in here for a bit-It always makes me wonder, when ppl dont come back for a check in, if they are still clean. Ive been clean now for 6 months. Best thing I ever did for myself. A couple things i found are-there is DEF a thing called "the pink cloud" on subs but it doesnt go away 100% so u do feel better than u did on subs. I THOUGHT ID NEVER SAY THAT. Another thing i learned is, i was hating and angry during the withdrawals, at dr.s at the drug itself, talked mad shit about it, but it turns out that was the misery talking. And lastly, i needed u guys, and u were there for me. God bless u all!

It’s ok, thank you for the response . I still have one more question .
So you’re saying you started exercising while you were still on suboxone correct?
How much of a difference do you think that made when it was time to quit?
Do you believe that is someone let’s say plans to go cold turkey in two weeks would starting to exercises and eat clean really make that big of a difference ? I say that big because common sense would say it would .
For some weird reason I have noticed thru all the rehabs I’ve bin to it’s usually the overweight and out of shape people that seam to heal the fastest mainly sleeping . Which is my biggest problem . It takes me months to even get a few hours a night . But it makes no sense to me. You would think the overweight people would have more drugs stored in there fat which in return would make it take longer to leave the system and should make them suffer more .
Another weird question for everyone that I thought of . If being an opiate addict messes with your dopamine and when you stop you lack it which is why we go into withdrawal then wouldn’t it make sense if an out of shape person started working out hard which in return flood your brain with endorphins why is it when they stop and go back to there old ways they don’t experience withdrawal like an opiate addict would ? Might sound like a stupid question but I’ve always wondered about that. Same as someone that hasn’t had sex in a while then enters a relationship and orgasms 4 or more times a day for an extended period of time . Why is when when they stop that they don’t experience opiate/ dopemaine you get my point withdrawals .
At the end of the day by taking opiates don’t we in short create more opiate receptors which need to be filled which when stopped are not filled so shouldn’t what I just said make sense?

There is no doubt that working out hard and heavy for 30 mins or longer works for withdrawals. During PAWS and withdrawals, working out was the only way i could relieve the anxiety. If i skipped a day, the anxiety came back. id say it was the single most affective thing i did. 6 months clean! And, re: the unhealthy not having bad withdrawals, there is too many variables to isolate the reasons this might be-perspective, genetics, amount of time using, etc.

""It is a lot easier to taper than cold turkey or rapid taper. If you go slowly enough, the withdrawal is minimal and you are not putting yourself at risk for seizures and other problems. I also think that tapering helps with paws. Your body is slowly getting weaned down so it isn’t such a shock and you can slowly just get used to not needing or wanting the medication.
You will start to feel better without it.""

i don't like living in a paws world. and i don't like living in pain. so i really pretty much don't like living at all. except when i take a small dose of opiate, then i feel alot better.

i don't over use my opiate intake anymore, but i still have to depend on it for pain relief.

other than that i drink lot's of diet coke for stomach hurt. it works and sometimes i eat alot of sugar now.

it looks like it's getting ready to rain and the cool weather looks good somehow.

?

so. . i always have a xanax for a party once in a while.
they are so addicting though, just thinking about it feels like such a good idea. i know better though. he hee.

prob 2 = mc2 would be the best right now. jk. not.
but had som bud, dabs and opioid today.
if i have some xanax and energy drink would that make me a polysubstance . . . my taper is going well. i'm the one that just isn't well ??
ty support . . .

""It is a lot easier to taper than cold turkey or rapid taper. If you go slowly enough, the withdrawal is minimal and you are not putting yourself at risk for seizures and other problems. I also think that tapering helps with paws. Your body is slowly getting weaned down so it isn’t such a shock and you can slowly just get used to not needing or wanting the medication.
You will start to feel better without it.""

i don't like living in a paws world. and i don't like living in pain. so i really pretty much don't like living at all. except when i take a small dose of opiate, then i feel alot better.

i don't over use my opiate intake anymore, but i still have to depend on it for pain relief.

other than that i drink lot's of diet coke for stomach hurt. it works and sometimes i eat alot of sugar now.

it looks like it's getting ready to rain and the cool weather looks good somehow.

?

so. . i always have a xanax for a party once in a while.
they are so addicting though, just thinking about it feels like such a good idea. i know better though. he hee.
Wow just read my mind and posted how I feel ? That is scary ?
All is Well
Ice

Same , just had gator bites ( I am down South hot as hell) and crab ? legs ???
My taper is the same no higher ( good thing) No lower ( not so good ? not bad but ...
I truly wonder if I will be on lexapro , and hydrocodin for a long time?. My cancer side effects are never going to go away, only get worse with time, getting older 60, and life not getting easier ???
So why the Fuck do I go through tall the pain to get off all this Dr prescribed ,and feel like Shit ?????

Same , just had gator bites ( I am down South hot as hell) and crab ? legs ???
My taper is the same no higher ( good thing) No lower ( not so good ? not bad but ...
I truly wonder if I will be on lexapro , and hydrocodin for a long time?. My cancer side effects are never going to go away, only get worse with time, getting older 60, and life not getting easier ???
So why the Fuck do I go through tall the pain to get off all this Dr prescribed ,and feel like Shit ?????
^yeah (yes)

gator t's and marmalade Mmmmm
one of my favorites.
sorry about what you are going through.
its a fight. but you will feel better because you are supposed to, right ?

I do not really believe that I will feel better " Because that is what is Supposed to happen"
I am afraid that I am buying in to a whole bag of Bullshit. I feel better on my opiodes, and life is fine except for when I run out and withdrawls kick in. If this whole fucking Epidemic was not here I think life would be Grand?? Is that just my addiction talking ??

Status
Not open for further replies.