• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive The Tapering Supportive/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I haven’t posted in a while. I’ve been struggling with these damn oxy’s. I burn through my script in about 10 days now. Every month I swear this time will be different, but it’s always the same. Thank god for Kratom. That stuff really works.
Im glad to see Shroomy and PainfulOne are still around. My autocomplete still puts up your names after two letters.

Shroomy,

I am so happy to hear from you. Really sad to hear things are going badly still. I have been thinking about you and pulling for you.

Sorry I left abruptly and have not been around for awhile. I have been diagnosed with traumatic brain injury and a white matter brain disease. Most likely MS or Parkinson’s disease. I have not been well and life has been such a struggle.
I have been having major migraine headaches and lots of pain and symptoms. It is terrifying.

I’m struggling and trying to figure out how to manage this the best I can. I just got denied disability benefits again.
I feel lucky to be having my pain, anxiety, and sleep disorder treated at all with medication at this point.

Shroomy, my friend, do you think you could have an illness that is causing you so much anxiety and other symptoms that it keeps driving you to self medicate? The diagnosis I have explains a lot to me. I suspect many are actually attempting to desperately self medicate serious health issues.

I send my love and support and a big hug. You are not alone and you are loved very much.
Great to hear from you as well, Painful One.

I'm currently starting my semi-minor taper off xans, once again. I'm sure if I went to a dr. I could get prescribed this stuff, and I may consider doing so- but to be completely honest, prescription or not, it doesn't seem like sometime I can manage in my current situation. The thing I love about them is that they take away all worry and concern, but they also remove much of my ability of higher thought, learning, and general CNS coordination.. among a lot of other problems. Perhaps they can be used responsibly by me with assistance or something, as I'm generally far more productive until the inevitable crash comes. I suppose that is symptomatic of pretty much all addict.. if only our physiology allowed for moderation to be an easy accomplished task...

I have the same problem. I function really well-happy and pain free- on the pills. But I overuse them and then I run out. I can’t seem to stop myself.
My life would probably be better if I got away from my pills for 6 months or so but I keep making bad decisions, so I am on my last day today yet again. I have three pills left and I really want to save them for an emergency....... but I doubt that I will. No willpower.

Same here!! Boy do I have a great deal More emergencies now that I am an Addict Lol Lol Haha!
s well as getting older ( 58 ) and a cancer survivor, so physical and mental pain are both on a new level. ButI go to meetings everyday and work on getting clean. I have been going down this path for 10 years now, so Why do I feel that I will just turn around and be Out??
Now trying to just not go ant further in??

Im not loving Bluelight’s new format. I cant find my way around. :(

Oh man, give it a little time and you'll forget all about the old format, the new one is better is every way, so much easier to use, way better features. But it takes a little transition.

Hey Guys, so good to hear from you all! Glad everyone is okay. ❤️

Yeah, I have the same problem with running low on pain pills. I am getting closer to making them last all month.
I’m determined to do it because I hate the withdrawal and it is really unbearable on top of the health issues.
I even have a family member giving me my medication but we somehow mess it up by a day or two.
Ugh! How long a day can be!

So good to hear from you Squeaky! I am going to have to get me a bit of Kratom in case of emergency.
Sounds like it works.

I have been using some CBD oil and some medical cannabis strains and it is really helping with a lot of the symptoms I get.
It is legal now and I have been enjoying my “Weed Fantasy” - you know- being able to just walk into a store and pick from all kinds of delightful strains and trying a little of this and a little of that. LOL!

Enjoy the spring and summer!!!

Hey Guys, so good to hear from you all! Glad everyone is okay. ❤

Yeah, I have the same problem with running low on pain pills. I am getting closer to making them last all month.
I’m determined to do it because I hate the withdrawal and it is really unbearable on top of the health issues.
I even have a family member giving me my medication but we somehow mess it up by a day or two.
Ugh! How long a day can be!

So good to hear from you Squeaky! I am going to have to get me a bit of Kratom in case of emergency.
Sounds like it works.

I have been using some CBD oil and some medical cannabis strains and it is really helping with a lot of the symptoms I get.
It is legal now and I have been enjoying my “Weed Fantasy” - you know- being able to just walk into a store and pick from all kinds of delightful strains and trying a little of this and a little of that. LOL!

Enjoy the spring and summer!!!
Kratom hits the opiate receptors, so

Kratom hits the opiate receptors, so
Didn’t mean ti post that last one....

I’m real close to cutting myself off. I’m not making smart choices any more and I can see now that the pills might be doing me more harm than good. Last month I said that this month would be different or I’d quit. It isn’t any different. Top it off with the WORST constipation imaginable.

I have the same problem. I function really well-happy and pain free- on the pills. But I overuse them and then I run out. I can’t seem to stop myself.
My life would probably be better if I got away from my pills for 6 months or so but I keep making bad decisions, so I am on my last day today yet again. I have three pills left and I really want to save them for an emergency....... but I doubt that I will. No willpower.
I always tell myself the same thing-I''ve even gone 3-6months in between, each time planning to use "medicinally" if you will, but old habits die hard, or some love never does- either way, it is about a week before I realize I can't just quit without risking seizure.

be safe. keep those thngs for emergency-- you will thank yourself later!

We are here for you guys. I am here if anyone needs to talk.

I’m sorry we are all going through so much.

I hope everyone is doing alright today.

I can’t function at all without the medication. Every time I get one of those bad headaches it brain damages me more....so I just have to keep things as stable as possible. I don’t even want to deal with the diagnosis I have been given. I don’t know where to even begin except to just keep managing the symptoms the best I can.

The pain medication is the only thing that makes it possible for me to think straight at all.

Didn’t mean ti post that last one....

I’m real close to cutting myself off. I’m not making smart choices any more and I can see now that the pills might be doing me more harm than good. Last month I said that this month would be different or I’d quit. It isn’t any different. Top it off with the WORST constipation imaginable.

What I used to do for opiate constipation was to take both a stool softener and a laxative. It would help a lot. Constipation for days and days can be really dangerous, it can poison and even kill you in extreme cases.

I still have hemorrhoids 5 years after quitting opiates because of the constipation, it sucks. :\

Just popping on to say hello to Painful One, Shroomy and Squeaky. Hope you guys are all doing well. Praying for you all the time.

Good to hear from you PO, I hope things go more smoothly for you, although it sounds like you are managing ok.

How are things Shroomy? Haven't heard from you in a while, we miss you around here.

Good to hear from you too Squeaky.

Take care guys, here for you anytime.

Love,
Ash.

Just popping on to say hello to Painful One, Shroomy and Squeaky. Hope you guys are all doing well. Praying for you all the time.

Good to hear from you PO, I hope things go more smoothly for you, although it sounds like you are managing ok.

How are things Shroomy? Haven't heard from you in a while, we miss you around here.

Good to hear from you too Squeaky.

Take care guys, here for you anytime.

Love,
Ash.

Hey Ash! Thank you for popping in and saying hello. It was great to hear from you. ❤️
I hope you are doing well. I appreciate the encouragement. I am just keeping on keeping on.
I kinda freaked for a few when I heard The diagnosis.

Sorry about that guys.

I miss Shroomy too! I haven’t heard from him. I got a new computer and I don’t have his e-mail anymore.
Shroomy, send me a message please. Worried about you. Let us know how you are doing.

I hope everyone is doing alright.
Be well friends.
Much love to you all.

Hey Mafioso

I have tapered off many times during my life and I found that making a watered down solution and using a little bit every time I felt I couldn’t handle it anymore helped a lot.

Just knowing there was relief there when / if things got too bad helped tremendously for me.

I just kept making it weaker and weaker and set no time period or pressure.
I was honestly amazed how little would help and how quickly I stopped even thinking about the rescue I had at all times.
I think the stress and pressure makes the psychological problems a lot worse and that flares up the physical issues.

Do this at your own pace. Don’t beat yourself up when you have a slip. That is just what happens.
I just look at it as a step back and start trying to take a step forward. Small steps.

Hope you are doing well.
Sending you lots of love and support

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.