• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive The Tapering Supportive/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's going on Hylight?

Are did you get you stuff dissolved in the solution? Hope everything went right, I saw your posts about it.

Jumping off Suboxone this week, started on 16mgs for 5 or 6 months. And have brought it down to 8mgs over the last month. The last two mornings i dosed 4mgs and by the time my Kratom showed up in the mail at 7pm I was starting to feel significant withdrawal symptoms. I've got 6 ounces of Red Vein Kratom and on Friday I'll be buying 9 more ounces 6 of them as an assorted combo and the 3 more ounces Red alone.

Took 12 grams staggered out and I feel much better. Even slightly high cuz I took it with a Cannabis Edible. I'm not going to be taking Bupe anymore as a maintenance drug and want to stabilize on Kratom and use it daily instead. One of the reasons is I'm going on vacation to Mexico in a few months and I don't wanna have to be hassled about bringing Suboxone thru Customs. It's going to be so much easier for me to taper off Kratom a few weeks beforehand.

Anticipating having to take quite a bit this plant the first couple of weeks but I'm ready mentally. I've been through so many harsh Heroin withdrawals that I know i can handle this. It's not like I'm going cold turkey, but I know the transition will be rough considering I have to work. I have a couple weeks worth of Edibles which should help me out.

Wish me luck guys.

~Charlie

I've never had kratom but I do know it can possibly have nasty withdrawals for some people. Do you plan on maintaining on it or you trying to get fully clean?

In less than 5 hours will be 16 days no opiates!

I've never had kratom but I do know it can possibly have nasty withdrawals for some people. Do you plan on maintaining on it or you trying to get fully clean?

I just wanted to say that 16 days w/o opiates is HUGE!!!! 16 HOURS IS HUGE BUT 16 DAYS!?! Way to go!!!????

Hey mtop, I'm on day 20 myself. Just yesterday I finally got out of bed for the first time and went for a short walk. Just got back from another short (22 minutes) walk a few minutes ago. Just wanted to drop in and say you got this! :)

Looking for recommendations for insomnia? Trying to stop ambien but having little success with herbal remedies. (Background: I am taking about 40-50mg of Hydrocodone per day- tapered down from about 80mg per day). Without good sleep it’s hard to continue tapering the pain meds. I do not believe I’m experiencing withdrawal from opiates, rather stimulation from opiates. I cannot completely get off opiates at this time due to chronic pain issues but hope to some day. Any recommendations are welcome!

Looking for recommendations for insomnia? Trying to stop ambien but having little success with herbal remedies. (Background: I am taking about 40-50mg of Hydrocodone per day- tapered down from about 80mg per day). Without good sleep it’s hard to continue tapering the pain meds. I do not believe I’m experiencing withdrawal from opiates, rather stimulation from opiates. I cannot completely get off opiates at this time due to chronic pain issues but hope to some day. Any recommendations are welcome!
I'm not too sure on recommendations but I can say that I took opioids for 4 years and they certainly made me have more of a speed feeling than a downer feeling. Most of the times I slept good were when I increased doses. Any time i tapered down i didn't sleep as nearly as well. Unfortunately insomnia is one of the big things when stopping opioids and I truly feel (at least in my own experience) that it happens when tapering as well. It sounds like it but just to be sure Are you trying to lower the opioid dose and stop taking ambien?

Ok I lied. Depending on which path you're looking for my recommendation would be this...

Scenario 1. Wanting to Stop taking ambien: maintain regular 40-50mg norco dose while quitting ambien. You are going to lose sleep due to your body being used to the ambien. If really tired maybe occasionally take something like benadryl. This can increase the effects of the norco so don't go crazy or you're just setting yourself back. Once ambien effects are completely out of your system search for good tapering schedules. (Years ago they had plenty on this site. I'm sure they're still around somewhere)

Scenario 2. Wanting to continue lowering opioids: continue taking ambien for now as lowering opioids will cause insomnia to some degree. The quicker you lower the worse it will be. There's plenty of good info on tapering schedules so I won't get into that here but slowly lower then deal with ambien in a few months.

Scenario 3. Wanting to do both: each will probably be a bitch to do. pick scenario 1 or 2 instead. Haha

Mmtop...So stoked for you! I am at 78 days. I had to count, bc I stopped really at 60. I couldn't have done it without u guys, without heavy exercise and a ketosis way of eating. I prolly just substituted drugs for working out-but hey, I'm an obsessive person.

I'm glad this is working for u mtop. Is it everything u ever wished for?

Working out is a far better obsession! It makes you healthier and improves your feelings of self-worth and even provides a natural high.

Mmtop...So stoked for you! I am at 78 days. I had to count, bc I stopped really at 60. I couldn't have done it without u guys, without heavy exercise and a ketosis way of eating. I prolly just substituted drugs for working out-but hey, I'm an obsessive person.

Wow 78 days is a lot. How's it working out for you? Your encouragement also has helped me out greatly. Not just you, everyone here.

It hasn't been everything I wanted but there has been some great things. Probably m biggest reason besides being clean was getting my stomache back to normal. I was diagnosed with gastroparesis after a horrible 3 week hospital stay and was told it's all from opiates. They were somewhat right, my appetite is back and I don't get nearly as sick as I used to when I eat. They said it might take 2 months for it to get back 100% but I'm doubtful as I had problems before opiates. But there has been an improvement!

I'm noticing a lot of old interests coming back, like music, games, and even starting hanging out with some old friends(sober ones).

Also have a strong urge to get back working, it'll keep my mind off of things and nothing wrong with having good money in your pocket.
I used to be a gym rat as well, definitely going to be jumping back into. Also going to start drinking protein to bulk up a bit.
Today makes 22 days for me!

Were you taking pills with acetaminophen/paracetamol in them? If you were and the doctors said it was the opiates, what they really should have said is it was the tylenol in the opiate pills. In any case, glad to hear you're getting back to normal. :) great job!

p0kemama! How are you love?

It's me w0w0mg. I remember the great support you gave me back in 2016.

Just sending some positive vibes xoxo.

Much love my lady!

Wow 78 days is a lot. How's it working out for you? Your encouragement also has helped me out greatly. Not just you, everyone here.

It hasn't been everything I wanted but there has been some great things. Probably m biggest reason besides being clean was getting my stomache back to normal. I was diagnosed with gastroparesis after a horrible 3 week hospital stay and was told it's all from opiates. They were somewhat right, my appetite is back and I don't get nearly as sick as I used to when I eat. They said it might take 2 months for it to get back 100% but I'm doubtful as I had problems before opiates. But there has been an improvement!

I'm noticing a lot of old interests coming back, like music, games, and even starting hanging out with some old friends(sober ones).

Also have a strong urge to get back working, it'll keep my mind off of things and nothing wrong with having good money in your pocket.
I used to be a gym rat as well, definitely going to be jumping back into. Also going to start drinking protein to bulk up a bit.
Today makes 22 days for me!

22 days!! Congratulations

Were you taking pills with acetaminophen/paracetamol in them? If you were and the doctors said it was the opiates, what they really should have said is it was the tylenol in the opiate pills. In any case, glad to hear you're getting back to normal. :) great job!
I was off and on pills with apap then when my troubles became serious i switched fully to methadone and spent many years on that, then subutex. I've actually had stomach issues since I was about 6 years old.

Thanks trapzeppelin. Few more hours and I'll be at 27 days!

Just popping in to say I'm tapering off smoking a .2 bag of heroin a day following an 8 month relapse. I'll be smoking the bare minimum - a line or two in the morning and a night over the next week and then the week after a line in the morning until my tolerance is down enough so that I can quit. By that point I'll have a script for Diazepam which will serve me well during the withdrawal process which I hope will be minimal. I'm starting a college course as a mature student in September and need to get my shit together.

Going to start a recovery journal as soon as I reach day zero. Typically takes about 15 days for the physical symptoms to subside. I'm in therapy at the moment too so things will be quite different this time.

Keep up the good work folks.

Congrats on 78 days that's amazing. I have a couple questions if you don't mind
when did you start exercising after kicking? and when heavy?
Also how closely do you keep your keto diet? do you keep it to a tee? ive always bin interested about trying it even tho im in decent shape.
Congarts to you Mtop aswell ,good job everyone in this thread ;)

p0kemama! How are you love?

It's me w0w0mg. I remember the great support you gave me back in 2016.

Just sending some positive vibes xoxo.

Much love my lady!

Hello!!
I am so happy to hear from you... you had a lot going on back them!! I quit opiates on February 25th, 2017!! I am clean now and have no desire to go back to the merry-go-round way of life. Love to you my friend!!

Hi folks!
I have been on BL from time to time the past month and have noticed Shroomy has not written in quite some time... which is kind of unlike him... so I wonder if anyone has heard from him? Shroomy, if you're reading this, I hope you're doing OK and are being kind to yourself lately. Please check in when you can my fellow Canadian friend...

I was literally about to ask the same thing... has anyone heard from Shroomy?

Status
Not open for further replies.