• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive The Tapering Supportive/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope I’m wrong but I think it’s going to suck when you run out. Suboxone is a long acting opiate, but it is an opiate. Most people quitting anything in that category even after a week will experience some withdrawals. Being on it for a few months likely means you’re physically dependent and you will have to deal with some pretty uncomfortable withdrawals.
Your quick tapering plan sounds solid based on what you have to work with but get ready for a little bit of hell. I did something similar to quit oxy (from about 20mg per day) and my life really sucked for about a week. Subs have such a long half-life though. All I can say is that I hope I’m wrong.
Good luck and God bless.

Today has been the first day that the pangs of w/d have really started to bug me. But I'm bracing for it and will try my best to get through it regardless. I'm expecting some unpleasantness, but I think I have enough material in my stash to help me work through it as gently as possible.

Hey guys,

damn! I am in bad shape.
my mom fell and broke her shoulder and I have had to do so much extra work.
I have used my medications (over used) so I could keep up.
I live with chronic pain and I have major limitations.
When I push myself- bad things happen.
I just cannot do more than I can do, but I had to.

Now, I have messed up on every prescription I have and I have been 12 days without my MS Contin.
I am about dead.
I can get my prescription on Monday morning but that seems so far away.
I have lost so much weight.

I have to get back on track with my medications.
This is absolute hell.

Hey guys,

damn! I am in bad shape.

Now, I have messed up on every prescription I have and I have been 12 days without my MS Contin.
I am about dead.

This is absolute hell.
I feel your pain. I overuse mine every month now just so I can make it through work without suffering, then I suffer extra until my next script.
I have been trying to remember that I am not a superhero. When I have the energy and strength, I delegate what I have to where I need it most. So my car doesn’t get washed, my dogs never get walked, and my front yard makes my house look like people don’t live there.
I triage my energy each day and decide what needs my attention the most. Usually I make a list of the most dire troubles in my life and when I get home from work I decide how much I can do (if anything) and try to pick from the top of the list. It’s a lot like an Army hospital choosing which patient to work on based on the severity of their injuries.
My next move SHOULD be to apply that practice to my medication and limit myself to only what is prescribed each day, then triage my responsibilities.
So far I am getting a lot of stuff done the first 10 days after my script gets filled, and basically nothing after I run out.

I’m really sorry to hear about your mom P.O. It sounds like you have done exactly what I’m describing. Gotta deal with a bunch of extra hard work all of the sudden, so a little extra medication is truly warranted. Now you’re out and suffering, and it feels like you should have suffered through before without the help of the extra pills so that today wouldn’t suck so much.
I really wish that people like us weren’t getting screwed by the system.Wouldn’t it be awesome if you could call your Dr., explain the situation, and get some extra meds to help you through the emergency you had to deal with because of your mom getting hurt so badly? I think we are all in the same boat here where we are afraid to even mention we ran out this month, for any reason, for fear that we will get labeled an addict and get cut off completely. So instead of turning to our doctors for help, or even just some professional guidance, we suffer in silence. I lie to my Dr every month when I should be able to be honest and ask for help.

Hang in there PainfulOne. You made it 12 days, so the worst of the physical withdrawals have past. Hopefully it also means your MsContin will work extra well for the first day or two. What other stuff have you been using to make it through the last two weeks? I completely stopped using Loperamide, because Kratom works much better with way less disgusting side effects.
Just remember..... one day at a time. Do what you can do today. Everyone and everything else can wait. In my mind I tell myself that everyone else(except the people who live in my house) can kiss my ass. I am polite but I say ‘No’. This has been helping me to do what’s important, and to help the people who are important to me without wasting my strength on things that aren’t my responsibility.

P.S.
PainfulOne..... I love your profile picture. The blue-haired woman next to your name is beautiful. Is that a real person or just an artist’s drawing? I chose a rubber ducky because it squeaks of course. Does the lady in your profile pic look like you?

P.S.
PainfulOne..... I love your profile picture. The blue-haired woman next to your name is beautiful. Is that a real person or just an artist’s drawing? I chose a rubber ducky because it squeaks of course. Does the lady in your profile pic look like you?

yeah, she does look like me.
She is a goddess of the sea, like myself. :)

squeaky, thank you for your words.
thank you so much.
I needed some encouragement and help and just someone to talk to.
someone who understands.

I have used some loperamide and some Kratom.
Very little of both because it raises my tolerance and then I have to use more MS Contin.
I am trying real hard to just suffer it out and get back on track.
This is hell all the time.
I can’t make it like this.

yes, it would be nice if I could just call my doctor and explain the situation but .....no way can I do that.
as you know.
I cannot get cut off what relief I do get.
It is ridiculous what the “system “ has done to chronic pain patients.

You do a lot more than I can do.
This situation with my mom has almost killed me.
The stress flares up the chronic pain just by itself.
she is doing much better now.
it has been a harsh few months for us both.

Hey guys,

damn! I am in bad shape.

I am about dead.

This is absolute hell.

Sorry you're going through this! Monday will arrive no doubt, I am looking at an automobile Monday, not remotely comparable of course but my immobility has been vexing me something fierce for about a month. I pray that Monday brings good news for the both of us.

Thanks guys.
I really appreciate you.

I just barely got my morphine in me and in the nick of time.
I tell you, I was about to seizure out.
I was hurting so bad that I started uncontrollably moaning in pain.
My neighbors probably heard me.
So embarrassing.

I am looking forward to relief coming soon and food and sleep!

I don’t know how you do that every month Squeaky.
That almost made me suicide out.
We gotta get you (and me) back on track.
Kratom is no substitute.
It kept me from violent puking but that is about it.

Yeah, every month I swear it will change. And then it doesn’t. It’s almost better like this though. The wd’s from months of almost running out were unbearable. This way it sucks for a week and I’m good for a week or two.
Happy to hear that you made it !

I know what you are saying.
it is like, you can function on an almost “normal” level for a few weeks and then suffer for a week.
If we just had our prescription raised a little, we would not have to resort to that.

it is like- should I function properly for a few weeks and then suffer my ass off?
or...just kinda function at a low level the entire time.
It gets to be a hard choice.

When I had to work, I had to do the same as you every month.
When things come up like my mom breaks her shoulder and I HAVE to do extra work, the only way I can is by chemical help.

my body is so hurt.
Living in chronic pain is just a full time job of “managing “ the bullshit all the time!
My real Life is gone.
I have cut out everything and everyone I can and it sucks because they don’t understand.

squeaky, are u saying that your withdrawals actually clear up in a week or two?
or even three?

mine sure don’t.
not at all.
It surprised me when you said “ the worst of the withdrawal is behind you”.
if that were the case I would just keep going without the pain pills.

it could just be the chronic pain though.
It is like one big withdrawal hell all the time.

But wow! I sure am grateful for this relief.
The last 12 days is ingrained on me very harshly.
it was so hardcore that I think I can get back to the prescribed amount daily.
All I have to do is look back on this and my body, mind, and soul goes “NO WAY!”

I have just been doing Kratom the last couple months and it keeps me going , gives energy and mood lift but it def didn’t hit the “spot” . I been craving real oxy so bad my husband got me 1 40 mg oxy and I was so excited , took half of it and felt nothing . I guess the magic is gone for good . It actually helped me not crave anymore and romanticize using oxy . I guess like you guys said that Kratom ups your tolerance cause I barely felt it.
Sorry to hear y’all are still struggling with your pain😢.

I am glad to hear you are still off the Oxy Larimar.
you and your husband have done good.

I do wonder about the Kratom though.
It raises my tolerance massively and takes a long time to get it back down.

Maybe that is good that the Oxy just didn’t hit that spot.

I hope things are well with you and your family sweetheart.
I think about you guys often and hope you all are okay.
You guys have been good friends.

PS: Larimar, I was looking at some rings for my daughter’s birthday present and I came across the beautiful stone called Larimar!
I had never heard of it before or seen it.
It made me think of you and I thought “ That clever, beautiful woman!”
Mar- means “sea” so you are a goddess of the sea also!
Great name!

@Squeaky & @Painful One , Hey guys, my love and prayers for the both of you! I am in the middle of you both with the withdrawals thing!! It sucks :sick: :mad: yes for 3-5 days, then Sucks :rolleyes::oops: Less 7-10 days, then just pain and PAWS ( The mental really does not do me well, due to the fact that the pain is derived from Cancer treatments,so that constant reminder of that issue, and how it just Showed up from an Ear acne:unsure::X!
I am doing better now with a Gabipentin & Norco regiment

I am glad to hear you are still off the Oxy Larimar.
you and your husband have done good.

I do wonder about the Kratom though.
It raises my tolerance massively and takes a long time to get it back down.

Maybe that is good that the Oxy just didn’t hit that spot.

I hope things are well with you and your family sweetheart.
I think about you guys often and hope you all are okay.
You guys have been good friends.

It's now been six days since I've had any bupe. I have been taking kratom and tianeptine here and there. The kratom does raise the tolerance an awful lot. I'm kind of in a slump, it's rainy, and I'm still hoping this car thing works out, but otherwise I'm feeling much less habituated towards opioids than I have been in quite some time.

Or I am just creating a new beast with the tia, ah well... I will ride the wave.

It's now been six days since I've had any bupe. I have been taking kratom and tianeptine here and there. The kratom does raise the tolerance an awful lot. I'm kind of in a slump, it's rainy, and I'm still hoping this car thing works out, but otherwise I'm feeling much less habituated towards opioids than I have been in quite some time.

Or I am just creating a new beast with the tia, ah well... I will ride the wave.

I am really happy to hear that getting off the bupe has not been too bad for you.
Hang in there!

Kratom does help to keep the withdrawal manageable.
You can always taper slowly off that.
Do the best you can.

I sure am hoping the new car works out for you today!
That is exciting and I do know what you mean about not having a car vexing you.

All in all, I think it is great news that you say you are feeling much less habituated towards opiates.

@Squeaky & @Painful One , Hey guys, my love and prayers for the both of you! I am in the middle of you both with the withdrawals thing!! It sucks :sick: :mad: yes for 3-5 days, then Sucks :rolleyes::oops: Less 7-10 days, then just pain and PAWS ( The mental really does not do me well, due to the fact that the pain is derived from Cancer treatments,so that constant reminder of that issue, and how it just Showed up from an Ear acne:unsure::X!
I am doing better now with a Gabipentin & Norco regiment

Thank you my dear friend!
Your love and prayers are gratefully received.
I need love and prayers very much.

My love and prayers are with you also.
and hugs, lots of hugs.

You are a survivor!
That is something to be proud of.
Try not to let the dreaded chronic pain remind you of cancer.
Instead, let it remind you that you are a survivor and you conquered cancer.
You are a badass!

I am happy to hear that Gabapentin and Norco are helping.
Gabapentin is really helping me as well.
I was doing so much better until my mom got hurt.
She has a bad heart condition and breaking her shoulder threw her into heart trouble again.
I thought I was going to loose her there for awhile.
I am SO thankful that she pulled through and her blood tests and heart tests have returned to stability again.

We are all survivors here and don’t any of you forget that!
Hold your heads up and be proud of that accomplishment.
Many do not survive what we have.
I love you guys and I send my love to you all.

Thank you my dear friend!
Your love and prayers are gratefully received.
I need love and prayers very much.

My love and prayers are with you also.
and hugs, lots of hugs.

You are a survivor!
That is something to be proud of.
Try not to let the dreaded chronic pain remind you of cancer.
Instead, let it remind you that you are a survivor and you conquered cancer.
You are a badass!

I am happy to hear that Gabapentin and Norco are helping.
Gabapentin is really helping me as well.
I was doing so much better until my mom got hurt.
She has a bad heart condition and breaking her shoulder threw her into heart trouble again.
I thought I was going to loose her there for awhile.
I am SO thankful that she pulled through and her blood tests and heart tests have returned to stability again.

We are all survivors here and don’t any of you forget that!
Hold your heads up and be proud of that accomplishment.
Many do not survive what we have.
I love you guys and I send my love to you all.

Not necessarily recovery related, but the car I was going to look at was sold ahead of me... Still ridesharing with wifey in the meantime though so at least there's that... Not a total loss, the hunt continues, good thing I called ahead

I finally got some sleep and was able to eat.
Thank God!
I think I will be alright now.
I need to gain some weight back and rest a lot.
I am exhausted. Literally medically exhausted.

I tell you guys, people don’t get it about chronic pain.
When you live in constant pain and it comes down to the point that you cannot eat or sleep- you will try to kill yourself.
There is and was just no choice for me but to accept morphine.
That is where I was at.
I was down to 75 pounds before getting into pain management.
I had not slept for 2 years and was barely eating a few bites of food here and there.
It literally is a life or death condition.

I get so angry at my family members and friends who think I can just stop taking the pain medication and I would be a normal person.
They think people on pain medication are all just addicts.
They think you should just be able to stand it or overcome it, just deal with it.
They have never had something wrong with their bodies that was beyond their control.

Going for 12 days without my pain medication just reaffirmed to me that there is just no other choice for me.
Living in constant severe pain and not being able to eat or sleep for this past 12 days had me suicidal.
I have no idea how I made it 2 years before getting pain management.
well, I didn’t, I did try to kill myself after the 2 year mark.
That is when I finally got some help.

My mom got prescribed 12 Lortab’s for a broken shoulder joint with surgery.
Doctor’s do not give this stuff out easily.
I have to remind my family that with all due respect, I am legally prescribed 75 mg of morphine a day!

Status
Not open for further replies.