• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Suboxone vs. Subutex Tread AKA I Swear Naloxone Makes me Sad

discoburger88

Greenlighter
I'm not going to tell my whole story, because this thread isn't about that, I'll just start off at the "recovery" stage of my habit...I was initially prescribed Suboxone to treat my moderate Oxy addiction (90mg to get by 300+mgs to get high). After using the Suboxone for approx. a month I began to feel like the Naloxone was blocking more than just the opioid receptors in my brain, for example, I'm a pretty active guy and normally after a workout I get some feeling of gratification, on the Suboxone there was none...instead of feeling a bit of the normal "runners high" I only felt tired. The Suboxone made me feel like the world was greyer. I told my Dr. about this and told him that my self-diagnosis was that the Naloxone was actually blocking more receptors in my brain and thus was making me into a more un-feeling person. Since my Doctor, Aka Dr.Quack will prescribe me anything I suggest, I mentioned that I wanted Subutex (bupe - the Naloxone) and within days of taking the Subutex I felt like my mood was improving.

Anyone else feeling blue on Suboxone and tried the switch to Subutex?

Is this theory hogwash, or what...love to hear thoughts.

Best,
Waffles

There's been a lot of debate on this topic, the truth however is that buprenorphine outcompetes naloxone at your receptors, so there really shouldn't be a difference in the effect. It's not the naloxone blocking your receptors, it's the buprenorphine.

I've shot up both subs and 'text and never noticed much of a difference between the two, maybe with the 'text it hits a little faster and maybe ones less likely to get those irritating head aches, but other than that, they're pretty much the same.

lol it isnt the naxolone making you feel greyer it is the extremely potent opiod. It is a drug that will suck the life out of you. To go clean sooner than later is the best option

There's been a lot of debate on this topic, the truth however is that buprenorphine outcompetes naloxone at your receptors, so there really shouldn't be a difference in the effect. It's not the naloxone blocking your receptors, it's the buprenorphine.

I've shot up both subs and 'text and never noticed much of a difference between the two, maybe with the 'text it hits a little faster and maybe ones less likely to get those irritating head aches, but other than that, they're pretty much the same.

This, plus the oral/sublingual Bioavailability of naloxone is negligible, meaning that it won't even pass your Blood-brain-barrier.
And as far as I know naloxone has no affinity for receptors other than the opioid receptors mu, delta and kappa

I have a naloxone intolerance. I makes me really ill. I already suffer from migranes after an accident overseas. I don't use anything anymore but when I did subutex was the way to go for me. Made a huge difference when I switched. But that is just me. If you are thinking of switching because you think the high will be better then you will be greatly disappointed. But if you don't handle headaches well (ie: migrane suffering) then it was a godsend for me.

I have been taking subs on my own (not prescribed) for about 6 weeks now and I mostly take subutex which does not give me a headache. There have been times where I had to take the suboxone strips instead and they do give me the dreaded sub headache most of the time I dose them. But, not every time, oddly enough. I Currently take between 2mg and 4mg daily.