The Steroids Thread!

unless you're doing em to serve a purpose (police officer, fireman, military, or even improve sports--ala NFL) I really don't see a point in doing them. If you're doing them because you're trying to boost your ego or improve your self esteem, that ain't gonna cut it. Because, even though you might get some flirty little superficial girls to giggle at you, you'll know the truth.

Sorry, dude, you gotta fix what's on the inside, then you might be happy with what's on the outside. If you've already done 4 cycles, that's more than enough. Steroids are a drug, and it sounds like you're an addict.

Either way, good luck!!! and PLUR

^^^Bodybuilders are just as much of athletes as football players. Those guys bust thier asses!

Save the PLUR.

JBizzle said:
unless you're doing em to serve a purpose (police officer, fireman, military, or even improve sports--ala NFL) I really don't see a point in doing them. If you're doing them because you're trying to boost your ego or improve your self esteem, that ain't gonna cut it. Because, even though you might get some flirty little superficial girls to giggle at you, you'll know the truth.

Sorry, dude, you gotta fix what's on the inside, then you might be happy with what's on the outside. If you've already done 4 cycles, that's more than enough. Steroids are a drug, and it sounds like you're an addict.

Either way, good luck!!! and PLUR
LOL There's a purpose to policemen and firemen using steroids? Is this job related? Never heard that one before bro!

What about female police officers and fire officers? I guess they're pretty useless eh? They must need even more steroids than their male counterparts to cut the mustard?

Just messing with you. ;)

Seriously, there's always a "purpose" to steroid use.

Even if it's some kid who thinks gear is a quick fix to becoming big and strong, well their purpose is to become big and strong without effort.

Not sure what you meant by four cycles seeming like addiction? So is taking pills four times addiction? How can you tell the original poster is an addict from what he's said?

Besides, steroids are a long term thing IMO. I would rather see someone make a commitment to several years of consistent cycling than just wanting to do one or two cycles. One or two cycles is pointless. It's a quick fix. That's not what gear should be about IMO. One or two cycles gives you gains that could easily be attained naturally. I advise anyone who wants to do just a few cycles to stay natural and attain their goals that way.

Your point about steroids not fixing mental problems is quite right.

Yes, both are potential side effects of androgens.

If a person is genetically predisposed to male pattern baldness, then androgens will accelerate this. So if you're going bald, steroids will speed this up. Personally I'm not predisposed so this doesn't concern me. There are preventative measures for this, but I won't go into them unless wanted.

On the other hand I get bad acne on my face, back, and shoulders when on cycle. The only way for me to stop this is use of tetracycline antibiotics. Doxy- and mino- cycline work well for me. For others even this is not enough and they must resort to accutane. A few people just don't get acne though.

I merged these two threads, it was a bit confusing to have two active steroids threads in the same forum at the same time, sorry for any inconvenience :)

--- G.

^ My last post was in answer to go-ee, in case the thread merge panicked anyone (it did me lol).

MaliceNwunderland said:
^^^Bodybuilders are just as much of athletes as football players. Those guys bust thier asses!

It takes no athletic talent to lift weights, just dedication, determination and a gym membership-anyone that is physically able can lift weights. And in order to be a competative bodybuilder, all you have to do is pump steroids into your system and even flood your muscles with oil injections to make them look fuller--and that isn't determination, that's the easy way--but if you're gonna body build in this day and age (or play any sport on a professional level for that matter) you're gonna have to do just that.

I know enough body builders and fitness model types and I've played sports with them and trust me, most of em are not athletic at ALL!!!!

As far as cops and fireman and the military, I guess no one here's ever tried to kick or break down a reinforced or barracaded door. If you're 150 pounds of nothing, it ain't gonna happen.

Or have you ever had to choke out or take down a 250 pound raging coke head? Or carry a 250 pound chunk-a-lunka down a flight of stairs from a building? Or march with 160 pounds of equipment, plus carry your injured buddy to an evac point for over a mile? Yeah, you need some strength and power in order to do those things. And in order to do them the very BEST your body will allow, you should be totally fit and then some, so in their cases, I think juicing is acceptable. Cause their job is saving lives.

drab4 said:
^ My last post was in answer to go-ee, in case the thread merge panicked anyone (it did me lol).

Yeah, sorry, unfortunately the order can be a bit confusing after mergers :(

--- G.

I really don't think steroids are suitable for anyone that isn't a hardcore bodybuilder.

JBizzle said:
It takes no athletic talent to lift weights, just dedication, determination and a gym membership-anyone that is physically able can lift weights. And in order to be a competative bodybuilder, all you have to do is pump steroids into your system and even flood your muscles with oil injections to make them look fuller--and that isn't determination, that's the easy way--but if you're gonna body build in this day and age (or play any sport on a professional level for that matter) you're gonna have to do just that.

I know enough body builders and fitness model types and I've played sports with them and trust me, most of em are not athletic at ALL!!!!

As far as cops and fireman and the military, I guess no one here's ever tried to kick or break down a reinforced or barracaded door. If you're 150 pounds of nothing, it ain't gonna happen.

Or have you ever had to choke out or take down a 250 pound raging coke head? Or carry a 250 pound chunk-a-lunka down a flight of stairs from a building? Or march with 160 pounds of equipment, plus carry your injured buddy to an evac point for over a mile? Yeah, you need some strength and power in order to do those things. And in order to do them the very BEST your body will allow, you should be totally fit and then some, so in their cases, I think juicing is acceptable. Cause their job is saving lives.
Are you talking from experience here? I'm trying to figure out your post.

It seems that you have personal experience in bodybuilding, the police force, the fire department, athletics, unarmed combat, and have also used steroids extensively.

Have I got that right?

I'll address some of the points and assume most are from your own experience.

And in order to be a competative bodybuilder, all you have to do is pump steroids into your system and even flood your muscles with oil injections to make them look fuller
You should probably post your techniques on some of the bbing boards, many pros would be interested in hearing this new approach. All that wasted effort when they just had to pump in the gear.

The fitness models that you know must not place very well! Fitness contests involve just that - fitness. Bodybuilders have no reason to have great endurance, indeed their size can play against this. Look to the strongman circuit for examples of strength and size combined with endurance. I expect you know a few strongmen too, so ask them about their training routines.

I will take your word for this as you're an (ex?) officer. Did you never work with women? What was their role? Window dressing?

Or have you ever had to choke out or take down a 250 pound raging coke head?
Yes I have fought 250lbs men and bigger, in the ring and out. In your fighting experience, does being on coke improve or hinder your chances of victory?

Or march with 160 pounds of equipment, plus carry your injured buddy to an evac point for over a mile?
Sounds like you've been in some tough situations! Did your gear use help you save lives in your opinion?

You may have noticed a hint of sarcasm in my above post.

No offence is meant by this at all, it's merely mild piss-take.

The reason for this is that I think, especially on a site such as this, we need to KEEP THINGS REAL. Talk about what we know about. Either from studies if that's your thing, or from PERSONAL experience.

I understand your desire for a FAQ thread. However, I don't think there is much experience and/or expertise on the subject here. Go to www.anabolex.com for steriod related info. In response to one of the above posts, I work in forensic mental health so I have had to face those 250lb maniacs before on numerous occassions. It certainly is an advantage to have:
a) shock value-you'd be surprised how quickly people (some at least) will settle once the "goon squad" arrives (no I'm not on the goon squad but I am similar in size/body composition)

b)strength well above the norm

c)confidence

d)knowledge that you can bench press most people if necessary.

e)quickly turn up the aggression factor

Yes there are steriod receptors in the CNS and they are definitely stimulating. They do make me more irritable and and anxious and I have trouble sleeping on them at high doses. Almost like a hypomania effect. However, I think that "riod rage" is waaaaaaay over emphasized and is only part of the U.S. governments propaganda machine called the "war on drugs". If you read about the passing of the law in the U.S. you will find that even the FDA advised against making them schedule 2. That is why people are given brains. So one would realize that it is the drug making them feel like a homicidial maniac (lol) and not act on their feelings of aggression. There are assholes in every group of individuals.
MattPhd- re: that study. perhaps you can wangdangle statistical significance from those numbers but one must also take into account who conducted and paid for the research. I bet that may yield some interesting findings. Like every other drug out there , you have to use knowledge and caution as well as common sense when using.

However, I don't think there is much experience and/or expertise on the subject here. Go to www.anabolex.com for steriod related info.
I disagree with that attitude. Why not try to increase the levels of knowledge here, rather than simply linking to other boards?

By typing in "bodybuilding" or "steroids" in any search engine, I'll bet bluelight members can find some of the boards that I participate on..... But it's still worth discussing here IMO.

Anyway, as for the sleep thing, that tends to wear off after a while in my experience.

You are unlucky with your steroid laws in the US. Here in the UK possession and use is legal.

To me personally, 250lbs seems small. Does that make me better at certain jobs than other people? IMO no it does not. Still I guess this is a matter for the individual to decide with regards to their own job.

drab4 said:
Are you talking from experience here? I'm trying to figure out your post.

It seems that you have personal experience in bodybuilding, the police force, the fire department, athletics, unarmed combat, and have also used steroids extensively.

Have I got that right?

Actually, I'm a personal trainer with friends who are body builders and power lifters-most of which juice like its a religion. An old friend has been a fireman for 8 or 9 years now and he tells me stories about what he's been through, my dads a retired cop and I grew up around him his old cop buddies telling stories every week. I was an Army Ranger, and while there, I tried a cycle, and that was the sole reason I used them, to be a better soldier.
Basically, I've spent my whole life around people in and around those fields.:p ;)

I will take your word for this as you're an (ex?) officer. Did you never work with women? What was their role? Window dressing?
---Women can't be Rangers. I'll just leave it at that.

Yes I have fought 250lbs men and bigger, in the ring and out. In your fighting experience, does being on coke improve or hinder your chances of victory?
---I don't do coke, but when a guys drunk and coked out, he's a lot more aggressive, and seems to be stonger, on the ground.

Sounds like you've been in some tough situations! Did your gear use help you save lives in your opinion?
---I think so, yes.

The best and only steroid out there is oxandrolone (Anavar). It has strength gain effects mostly, some fat-loss and overall more lean muscle mass (no water retention, no gyno, actually very little side effects).

I am against steroids personally.

Something about flooding a body full of manufactured chemical's does not appeal to me in the name of fitness and strength.

JBizzle said:
Actually, I'm a personal trainer with friends who are body builders and power lifters-most of which juice like its a religion. An old friend has been a fireman for 8 or 9 years now and he tells me stories about what he's been through, my dads a retired cop and I grew up around him his old cop buddies telling stories every week. I was an Army Ranger, and while there, I tried a cycle, and that was the sole reason I used them, to be a better soldier.
Basically, I've spent my whole life around people in and around those fields.:p ;)
OK that's cool mate.

But..... My father is a physics teacher. So I could probably teach you physics right? Here goes. There was this guy and an apple fell on his head..... And my favourite cousin is a pro kickboxer. Would you take lessons from me?

Anyway if the Army Rangers use gear to help in their jobs then I believe you - why not mention this to start with instead of jobs you've never done? This was my point really. Personal experience.

I disagree with you about coke and/or alcohol improving strength. Perhaps they do improve aggression, but aggression does not play any part in a fight in my experience. I'd rather fight an intoxicated man than a sober man personally. Drink messes with co-ordination and coke messes with concentration IMO.

Anyway, I've taken the thread somewhat off-topic, apologies to all.