The Steroids Thread!

$2 a vial! Now that is nice. Things have changed a bit on the net since you were around it seems. There are lots of BB boards around. Try www.anabolex.com . There are a ton of underground labs around now. Lot cheaper now(not as cheap as Brazil unfortunetely). There are a few of us around here but generally talk is focused more on "recreational" drugs.

"So I guess you meant the first?"

Heh. Yeah. Or more specifically, I wasn't sure if it was balls or penis, so I typed "man parts" as a placeholder while I looked it up. Plus, man parts is funnier. :D

Ya roids can be great when used in moderation, soemthing like one good cycle per year. BTW it was $2 per ampoule of 250mgs not a 2000mg vial. I would really like enough responses to this thread to make it more like a FAQ to clear the amazingly high ignorance about gearo to start with.

Some things id liketo clear up :

1)dick shrinkage: not exactly, only deca does this and its the nuts that shrink and not the dick. And even then, the nads appearto come back to normal after the cycle if porcedures are followed such as the use of Clomid (clomimphine citrate).

2) loss of gains post cycle: not really, only water weight creatd by estrogen levels that built up from the cycle is lost and maybe a littel extra loss from decreased endogenous test levels which can be counteracted AGAIN BY Clomid.

I have to say that roid rage should be more accurately referred to as asshole rage. It simply doesn't exist IMO.

jp411896 said:
A great read, but I saw nothing to counter the claim made by doctors that steroids shrink man-parts.
Stupidus muscle between the ears rotfl. You have to be making that up.

your balls will shrink because they are not produceing test but they will come back post cycle.

the stupidus muscle is a real muscle

"roid rage" is kinda like a girl haveing PMS because they are both caused by an increase in hormones.

Bad_Boy_Blue said:
I have to say that roid rage should be more accurately referred to as asshole rage. It simply doesn't exist IMO.

Your opinion means nothing in the face of scientific fact. I was polite enough to read the study you published, you could do me the same favor.

Affective and psychotic symptoms associated with anabolic steroid use.

Pope HG Jr, Katz DL.

Epidemiology Laboratory, Mailman Research Center, McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA 02178.

To assess the frequency of affective and psychotic symptoms in athletes taking anabolic steroids, the authors performed structured interviews of 41 body-builders and football players who had used steroids. According to DSM-III-R, nine subjects (22%) displayed a full affective syndrome, and five (12%) displayed psychotic symptoms in association with steroid use. These findings suggest that major psychiatric symptoms may be a common adverse effect of these drugs.

Although the sample size was smaller the rate of effects was high enough to extrapolate statistically sig. differences in the group.

There are other larger studies confirming the same, but I'm too sick to look at this point.

P.S. LOL at Ebeneezer

Last edited:
MattPD said:
Ok...for the negative side of things...

A study regarding 'roid rage.' From the AJP

NIDA lists 'shrinkage' as one of the side effects of 'roids in their steroid fact page

See also NIDA's incredible research report series on the subject which contains many links to other journal articles.

And yes, feminization and masculinization of men and women respectively are noted.
Hello mate. If I can comment.....

The first study is worthless. It does not examine the effects of androgenic steroids on people. It simply takes a sample of sportspeople and assesses their mental state. There are no controls. Therefore no conclusions can be drawn.

The second commentary has only two references, one of which is the above useless study. Actually many of the "Health Hazards" listed are correct, I guess we can assume this is by chance.

I won't comment on most of the third report as I don't want to read it all. I went straight to the references and selected those that deal with anger/agression:

"Anabolic-androgenic steroid abuse and psychopathology." Gibberish. Shows nothing at all.

"Neuropsychiatric effects of anabolic steroids in male normal volunteers." Good study. Using extreme doses of a harsh drug, showed some changes in mood.

"Neuroendocrine and behavioral effects of high-dose anabolic steroid administration in male normal volunteers." This is the same study as directly above. Different commentary. Focuses more on the possible reasons for changes in mood, namely changes in free T3.

"Narcissism and empathy in steroid users." Interesting, though it shows nothing in relation to our discussion, note the final comment by the authors.

"Effects of supraphysiologic doses of testosterone on mood and aggression in normal men: a randomized controlled trial." Good study. Showed that a small minority of men experience mood changes when on moderate dose testosterone.

So I'm afraid the abstract you posted shows nothing bro. ;)

Here is another study on the subject.

The effects of supraphysiological doses of testosterone on angry behavior in healthy eugonadal men--a clinical research center study.

Tricker R, Casaburi R, Storer TW, Clevenger B, Berman N, Shirazi A, Bhasin S.

Division of Endocrinology, Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science, Los Angeles, California 90059, USA.

Anecdotal reports of "roid rage" and violent crimes by androgenic steroid users have brought attention to the relationship between anabolic steroid use and angry outbursts. However, testosterone effects on human aggression remain controversial. Previous studies have been criticized because of the low androgen doses, lack of placebo control or blinding, and inclusion of competitive athletes and those with preexisting psychopathology. To overcome these pitfalls, we used a double-blind, placebo-controlled design, excluded competitive athletes and those with psychiatric disorders, and used 600 mg testosterone enanthate (TE)/week. Forty-three eugonadal men, 19-40 yr, were randomized to 1 of 4 groups: Group I, placebo, no exercise; Group II, TE, no exercise; Group III, placebo, exercise; Group IV, TE plus exercise. Exercise consisted of thrice weekly strength training sessions. The Multi-Dimensional Anger Inventory (MAI), which includes 5 different dimensions of anger (inward anger, outward anger, anger arousal, hostile outlook, and anger eliciting situations), and a Mood Inventory (MI), which includes items related to mood and behavior, were administered to subjects before, during, and after the 10 week intervention. The subject's significant other (spouse, live-in partner, or parent) also answered the same questions about the subject's mood and behavior (Observer Mood Inventory, OMI). No differences were observed between exercising and nonexercising and between placebo and TE treated subjects for any of the 5 subdomains of MAI. Overall there were no significant changes in MI or OMI during the treatment period in any group. Conclusion: Supraphysiological doses of testosterone, when administered to normal men in a controlled setting, do not increase angry behavior. These data do not exclude the possibility that still higher doses of multiple steroids might provoke angry behavior in men with preexisting psychopathology.

Did you miss this part in the first study?

To assess the frequency of affective and psychotic symptoms in athletes taking anabolic steroids, the authors performed structured interviews of 41 body-builders and football players who had used steroids.

Aww, fuck it, I don't care at this point, I'm too sick. I'm gonna go back to bed.

Use of anabolic/androgenic steroids has a host of side effects. I've never recommend anyone to start using exogenous androgens, and never will.

However much of the info around (examples include the popular press and indeed some medical studies) is greatly flawed and should be looked at carefully before any conclusions are drawn.

I use steroids, but I'm prepared to live with side effects. In fact since I am reasonably knowledgeable about gear I can controll all of the sides that I experience, however this requires yet more drugs and I have to live with the fact that I'm a walking pharmacy for many months of the year.

I trained with weights naturally for 9 years before I started using steroids BTW. Steroids are not for novices IMHO.

MattPD said:
Did you miss this part in the first study?

Aww, fuck it, I don't care at this point, I'm too sick. I'm gonna go back to bed.
Nope I read the abstract. My comments are above.

Again, the study simply takes a sample of sportspeople and assesses their mental state. There are no controls.

The subjects of the study claimed to use anabolic steroids. Fine. Where are the controls though? We need a similar sample of bodybuilders and football players who claim NOT to use anabolic steroids. Otherwise what can we tell from this? Nothing.

As it stands, the study shows only that a small sample of bodybuilders and foootball players exhibited a higher tendency to mental health problems than the average. We cannot tell if this is because of their proffessions, their steroid use, or any number of other factors.

So the study does not pertain at all to our discussion.

Get well soon.

:)

OlympiaMan said:
I think it's safe to say that Drab4 has won :D
There was nothing to win mate, only a discussion, I can neither win nor lose such a discussion.

i did a 6 week cycle back in summer 2001 (july - august) ...

500mg/week of testosterone enanthate for 6 weeks
20mg/day of dbol for 4 weeks
clomid postcycle

i was a real scrawny fuck b4 that ... so ended up gaining 35 lbs ... went from 115 to 150 in 6 weeks ... let me tell u the best feeling in the world is jumping on the scale everyday and seeing that you're 1 pound heavier

i was eating like a fuckin pig too ... shoving food into myself till i puked ... and a shitload of protein shakes too

anyways that september i started university so with all the school work, parties and other shit i couldnt keep up with my workouts/eating/sleeping schedules so i stopped working out and lost all the weight i got during the next 6 months ...

maddkatt, you didnt run the testosterone enanthate for long enough, it a long acting ester and generally takes 4 weeks just to kick in, nice gains though.

I tend to be abit weary towards people that take roids. In my experience, I've had two, the change in moods and attitude are quite drastic. I've never personally tried roids, but have seen two good friends who have started using roids. I've been good friends with for quite some time, but now I tend to keep my distance from both of them.

Prior to using roids, I remember that they were for more easy to get long with. As soon as they started to on a cycle, they became highly strung and verry agitated. The matter didn't help when both would confess that they have become more violent. Recently one of them had been arrested over a assult charge against his GF. They had been together close to three years, and now at the end of their relationship one is behind bars and the other has a cast.

My view on roids is that if you feel that your mood is changing, stop using it. The body that you are manufacturing is not worth the pain.

**XXXXXXXXXXX-ABSOLUTELY DO NOT POST ANY WEBSITE WITH SOURCES. Thanks.MPD**

I bodybuild.

I don't use steroids....... You know some people will tell you if you cycle them properly, they're perfectly harmless and won't mess with you at all.

Other people will say you do them and you're messed up forever.

I think.....Go natural. Unless you're trying to look like Ronnie Coleman or Jay Cutler there really is just no reason to pump steroids.....

Hard work in the gym, protein supplements, that's really all you need.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what about the horrendous acne and losing your hair? Or are these side effects all part of the propaganda that surrounds steroids?