The Steroids Thread!

Bad_Boy_Blue said:
Most people consider them to have more severe side effects than there actually are. You'd also be surprised at the number of people that persist in believing that steroids make 'your dick shrink'!

what your thinking of is testicular atrophy, and its real

Bad_Boy_Blue said:
I really don't think steroids are suitable for anyone that isn't a hardcore bodybuilder.

they aren't suitable for people under the age of 25 either, because the growth splices in your bones aren't closed yet. i wish people would at least wait with that horrid shit instead of trying to look like schwarzenegger at the age of 18.

and yes, your balls can shrink just like you can get bitch tits.

infinity said:
they aren't suitable for people under the age of 25 either, because the growth splices in your bones aren't closed yet. i wish people would at least wait with that horrid shit instead of trying to look like schwarzenegger at the age of 18.

and yes, your balls can shrink just like you can get bitch tits.

I am 20 and 6'1' (I am tall enough ;)). I am admittedly young for a steroid user.

Yes, I am taking a risk by injecting hormones into my body at my age, but it is my body and I choose to take the risk of damaging my long term health (which I feel is relatively small). Although there is a possibility that I have stunted my physiological development, I think in my case that I have finished physically developing (in my personal opinion).

Many people have started using steroids at my age (steroids have been around for a long time) and have had no problems later on in life.

I know it's probably a bad thing to use anecdotal evidence, but Arnold Shwarzenneger for example started using steroids at 16 and is a healthy man (maybe apart from his past congenital heart condition).

I'm not a kid looking for the 'easy way out'.

Yes you can get bitch tits and your balls can shrink, but that's what HCG and anti-estrogens/antiaromitase compounds are for. These are side effects that you do not have to suffer from.

Other androgenic side effects are possible e.g. hair loss, but if you're going to lose your hair, you're going to lose your hair - steroids use only accelerates hair loss. A lot of people just aren't genetically predisposed to male pattern baldness e.g. Shwarzenneger.

This isn't directed at you, but I really hate the close-minded arrogant attitude people take towards steroids, judging them from hearsay.

bouncer said:
The best and only steroid out there is oxandrolone (Anavar). It has strength gain effects mostly, some fat-loss and overall more lean muscle mass (no water retention, no gyno, actually very little side effects).

This steroid is impotent and expensive. Not worth it IMHO.

Testosterone is king.

drab4 said:
OK that's cool mate.

But..... My father is a physics teacher. So I could probably teach you physics right? Here goes. There was this guy and an apple fell on his head..... And my favourite cousin is a pro kickboxer. Would you take lessons from me?

The situations I described are all situations face by Cops, Firemen, and soldiers. These are also all situations I've faced many times. I'd bet money I've kicked in more doors and practiced (and "not practiced") CQB (close quarters battle) in 4 years than 90% of cops out there will do in a career, and I've carried more 200 pound dudes than I care to remember. As far as the hand to hand crap, we studied jujitsu there, and when I got out of the service, I was a driver for an excort service for a year, and that's when I used that stuff the most. I was also a P.I. for 2 1/2 years and that's where I learned a lot about law enforcement.
But to juice up because your too lazy to really workout, I don't agree with. And most people I know that have juiced, were not at their physical peak. They do it for their low self esteem, period. They just didn't have the knowledge, or patience, to acheive top physical conditioning without the help of needles. ;)

^^^ All the cops I know could do with a shot of estrogen. If the arrogant pricks at my local PD used steroids they'd most likely revert to some kind of simian cavemen death squad. I don't think juicing our peace officers and protectors into lethal weapons is a good idea.

JBizzle- I can't get over your bodybuilder comment either. There is no athletisim involved in pushing a plunger, but what if a bodybuilder gets cut the hard way? They're still not an athlete in your book?

MaliceNwunderland said:
[BJBizzle- I can't get over your bodybuilder comment either. There is no athletisim involved in pushing a plunger, but what if a bodybuilder gets cut the hard way? They're still not an athlete in your book? [/B]

"Athletic: good at athletics or sports." IMO, I don't consider body building a sport. Also, ANYONE willing to juice can become a body builder, therefore it takes all of the challenge/competition out of it. If anyone can do it, then it's not athletic.

A good friend of mine held the world record in the bench and dead lift in the 60s and 70s, never juiced, he's an athlete. It took him 20 years of weight lifting dedication. Nowadays, anyone can stick a needle in their ass and be a competitor.

Sorry, posing in front of a mirror isn't athletic in my book. It's vanity.

For all of those that commented on my original post.

I do train, not much but i do try - want to start lifting properly in the near future....

i dont agree with steroid why?

i just dont like the way people think there better, bigger stronger because they do them!

i find the way muscle is should be natural, i dont agree with cheating, its a competive sport, well was alot more back in the day but now its all super men....

i mean ok fair enough - you do them good for you... but ask your self this: is it really fair to think your better than some one else just because you use steroids?

i personally think that a man who does not need the use of steroids is a much stronger man.

but these are my views, i would happily take piracetam to gain knowledge etc, take protein supplements to gain mass, but inject hormones to me, in an non medical enviroment is unfair.

Good luck to all of those who use steroids...

but i like to look in the mirror and see that I DID ALL THE WORK, i didnt cheat!!!

Technically it's cheating, because they test for steroids, but in competition it is not morally wrong to use steroids, because for the most part every competitor uses them.

That's a fact of life.

I don't compete, but if you still think I'm a cheat what the heck, I'm proud of it. Steroids aren't magic. You don't just pop a pill or inject yourself and suddenly wake up as Arnold Shwarzenneger. They require a good knowledge of diet and training in order to become worth it.

I simply see them as a tool - a very effective tool.