• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

The Stages of Alcohol Withdrawal

nuttynutskin

Bluelighter
Good presentation of alcohol withdrawal...

The Stages of Alcohol Withdrawal

Sure don't miss any of that shit.

Last edited:
Yeah, had some pretty bad withdrawal symptoms yesterday. I gotta stop drinking. I don't drink all the time, but when I do, I drink it all.
I quit smoking 3 months ago, cold turkey and quite doing meth and K back in the day when I decided my use was problematic, but quitting drinking is actually hard.

Time to send it....I can't handle the withdrawals anymore....and I don't even get them that bad. It's just a massive waste of my time and it takes me a good two weeks to fully recover each time.

Time to send it....I can't handle the withdrawals anymore....and I don't even get them that bad. It's just a massive waste of my time and it takes me a good two weeks to fully recover each time.

I hear ya... I got to the same point. The list of positive effects I got from drinking even once in a while got down to practically nothing while the list of negatives grew more and more.

Oh, fuck....what positives? I don't think I've enjoyed anything to do with it for at least two years now.

That being said, there are certain drinks that I love the taste of like Negronis, for example, or red wines. Some bitter beers as well.

But the high? Fucking useless.
I used to sort of need it after I quit doing meth because there was a period of about two years or so that I suffered from meth-induced social anxiety/agoraphobia and it helped me deal with that, else I would not have been able to handle social situations. But this was all well over a decade ago.

I need to at least start by keeping it to special occasions and not drinking just any time it's a damn Saturday or whatever. Maybe go from there, I don't know. I've taken months long breaks over the years, but always end up going back to the usual binge drinking nonsense when I do touch it again.

@nuttynutskin were you just binge drinking or drinking all the time?

I was trying to drink all the time when I was an active alcoholic, but then I'd run out of money and end up in the er with horrible withdrawals. After uh, people took control over my ssi then I wasn't able to drink all the time but would still save up money and end up in binges once a month or so.

I was trying to drink all the time when I was an active alcoholic, but then I'd run out of money and end up in the er with horrible withdrawals. After uh, people took control over my ssi then I wasn't able to drink all the time but would still save up money and end up in binges once a month or so.

Well, glad to hear you fucked it off! :)