View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Sprig and Sandy 4-Substituted Tryptamine Dosing Chart Thread

nuke

Bluelighter
This gets asked a lot, so here's a handy chart to figure things out.

To find your dose: If you normally use freebase and have one of the salts, divide your freebase dose by the % salt. For instance, if you normally use 4-HO-DMT freebase, and you now have fumarate, and your dose was 20mg freebase, divide 20mg by .7787 to get roughly 26mg fumarate.

Conversely, if you have freebase 4-HO-DMT and before dosed with the fumarate, multiply your dose by the percentage. In example, 26mg fumarate multiplied by .7787 is about 20mg freebase.

The weight vs. the indolol tells the mass difference between the respective ester and the free alcohol compound (eg 4-HO-DMT vs. 4-AcO-DMT). This could be useful if you wanted to measure the weight of the indolol versus the ester and try to adjust the dose according, as well.

Remember, digital scales are only accurate to +/- the smallest increment of reading -- eg, if your scale reads to 0.001g, and you measure out 0.016g, the actual value will be 0.016g +/i 0.001g, or anywhere between 0.0015g to 0.0017g. If your scale only weighs to 0.01g, don't use it to dose! Weighing out 0.01g could give you anywhere from 0.00g to 0.02g -- that's the range 0-20mg!

(If you're wondering why the above is true, you have to factor in the drift upon calibration, 0.005g, and the drift upon weighing, which is 0.005g. Altogether, +/- 0.01g)

Attachments

• trypt.png
    trypt.png
    19.1 KB · Views: 3,858
  • TryptamineDosageCalc.zip
    10.9 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:
Yeah, this question does get asked frequently on BL.

Thanks for providing this, very concise and worth having around the place to consult when necessary! :)

Yes, such a good idea! I was just calculating out all of the differences, and thinking about posting a list when I made them. This is so much better! Thanks!

Thanks Nuke, very helpful indeed :)

^Its in the best of PD pages...:)

how do you determine the % of salt. (I'm new to RC's)

I'm not sure exactly what the question is but I'll try to address it:

Salts are usually complexes formed by electrostatic interactions between two or more compounds. If you get a compound which is a salt, it's going to be 100% of the salt.

The chart shows the potency of a salt form in relation to its freebase in terms of percentage (IE 4-HO-DMT freebase is less potent than 4-HO-DMT fumarate). A dose of 20mg fumarate delivers only 78% the amount of 4-HO-DMT compared to 20mg of the freebase.

This gets asked a lot, so here's a handy chart to figure things out.

To find your dose: If you normally use freebase and have one of the salts, divide your freebase dose by the % salt. For instance, if you normally use 4-AcO-DMT freebase, and you now have fumarate, and your dose was 20mg freebase, divide 20mg by .7787 to get roughly 26mg fumarate.

Conversely, if you have freebase 4-AcO-DMT and before dosed with the fumarate, multiply your dose by the percentage. In example, 26mg fumarate multiplied by .7787 is about 20mg freebase.

The weight vs. the indolol tells the mass difference between the respective ester and the free alcohol compound (eg 4-HO-DMT vs. 4-AcO-DMT). This could be useful if you wanted to measure the weight of the indolol versus the ester and try to adjust the dose according, as well.

Remember, digital scales are only accurate to +/- the smallest increment of reading -- eg, if your scale reads to 0.001g, and you measure out 0.016g, the actual value will be 0.016g +/i 0.001g, or anywhere between 0.0015g to 0.0017g. If your scale only weighs to 0.01g, don't use it to dose! Weighing out 0.01g could give you anywhere from 0.00g to 0.02g -- that's the range 0-20mg!

(If you're wondering why the above is true, you have to factor in the drift upon calibration, 0.005g, and the drift upon weighing, which is 0.005g. Altogether, +/- 0.01g)

Thanks but....just to make sure, you said .7787 for 4-aco-DMT...but the % for that is 80.87?

Are you supposed to be using 4-HO-DMT as an example, or am I missing something?

Cause, if you're using 4-ACO-DMT, that would be:
(20 mg freebase) / 0.8087 = ~25 mg fumarate. Not a hugely earth shattering difference, but I just want to be absolutely certain that I'm not making a mistake by using this chart incorrectly, cause I plan to make some conversions soon.

Last edited:
That's correct, I meant to use 4-HO-DMT. It's corrected.

Also a bump because I've added a dosage calculator that my friend helped me code in VB at the top! :) Maybe the mods can change the title to chart/calculator or something if they so like.

My only question is regarding the common salt people refer to in their dosage remarks. Most reports do not list which salt form their 4-aco-dmt (for example) is in. When looking for an equivalent dosage, what is assumed for most commonly used salt form?

The most common one I've seen is fumarate as it's the most stable. But that's just what I've come into contact with.

The most common one I've seen is fumarate as it's the most stable. But that's just what I've come into contact with.
Yeah, that's what I'm coming in contact with as well... I was just curious if I needed to do any conversions for dose equivalence. I'll still start low and work up... but I think it's fair to assume fumarate.

Thanks.

What about 4-HO-MiPT? Is there a more common form that it comes in? I have fumarate, just wondering what form most people's doses are in reference to. Either way, it doesn't seem like there is much difference between HCL and fumarate.

Thanks!

^i have had both 4 ho mipt fumurate and hcl.

The hcl was more potent by weight.
20mg of the HCL felt more like ~24-25mg of the fumurate