Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️

• ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

• Total voters

randycaver

Bluelight Crew
I've just been recently watching this on DVD, and I was surprised to see that there were no threads "appreciating" it. Or hating it, whichever.

What are people's opinions on the show? So far I'm on the third disk/disc?? of the first season.

I really like it. I used to watch it back when I had HBO but that was years ago and many brain cells ago, so I forgot most of it :)

I can't wait until Tony's mother dies.. I remember that episode only because it was really creepy... I think they used images of her to have her still be alive in the last episode or something like that.

SO...... i hope im not the only one that knows of this show here!:D

To quote Tony:

"What Da' Fuck "

??

No one likes my series ?

=D

Best episode was when chris (all doped up) and tony were chopping up their best buddy in a bath tub. Pretty graphic for National Tv I'd say.

I'm sure there have been appreciation threads for this show in the past...it's just that there were no new episodes last year. I'm sure there will be more discussion come March. :D

i'm a huge fan of the sopranos. everything about it screams quality: the writing, the direction, the acting.

i've seen all episodes to the end of season 4 (thanks netflix :) ) and i would say my favourite episodes are the back-to-back 'pine barrens' and 'amour fou' (series 3, episodes 11 and 12). 'pine barrens' was directed by steve buscemi.

alasdair

^^^^^

Agreed on Pine Barrens - it's my second favorite episode ever.

Second only to Season Four's finale . . .

. . . the episode that clinched Emmys (Emmies?) for its two deserving stars.

Best show in the history of television.

Can't wait 'till March.

The Pine Barrens was fucking HILARIOUS!!!!! Some of the best quotes came from that episode!! The show is Great nothing like it on t.v.!!!!! I can quote that episode all day!

yep, it's gotta be one of the best shows on television. i've only got the first season on dvd at the moment (and have caught other episodes here and there), but i'm planning on getting the rest soon enough. it's probably one of the best first seasons of television i've ever seen, so i can't wait for the rest.

"Chrissy your not gonna believe this, the russian was a interior decorator"

"Really? His apartment looked like shit"

while we're quoting...

"Oh didn't you know? Uncle Junior's in the muff. Oh did I say muff? I meant rough."

lmfao@that quote

that was so hilarious! LOL@tony not wanting his own dirty little secret get out too :)

I've got all 4 seasons on DVD - it's my favourite TV show......

On the HBO site (i think it was) there was a pic of Steve Buscemi WITH the rest of the cast - so he could be joining the show? - Im only speculating because I haven't seen/read proof - anyone else with any, please help out!

I also read that the Sopranos is going to finish after the 6th season:( - with rumours that Tony isn't going to die....

Best show ever! I can't get enough it. Oh how i yearn for season five, although being a backwater antipodean I can't expect to see it on TV for at least a year after the US, probably come out on DVD before then 8(

My favourite quote: "You're always on about the babies out the windows."

It wont come out in Australia until after the entire season has been shown on TV - then allow up to 6 months... mabye in time for XMAS 04 - Season 4 was released here just b4 XMAS 03

"I lost my shoe" Paulie
"Fuck you Paulie,Captain or no captain, were just 2 lost guys in the woods" Christopher

I'm almost positive Steve Bushemi (sp?) is a character on this next season's show. Too bad I don't get HBO...I hate having to travel to other's houses, it just ain't the same.

it shows too much of the family side and not enough business to hold my love, sometimes i think im watching 7th heaven, but that's the show and it does it well. Steve bushemi? cool, he better play some crazy psycho :)

^^ I agree partially. They invented a new genre of show "Gangster Soap- Opera" You can really tell they were running short on material and were stretching some of the episodes really bad just to fit the weekly timeslot.

Still, overall , good show.

it's gonna be damn good when i get to cram like five seasons of this show into a few weeks when i get the dvds. and it's "buscemi", and i've heard the same thing, i think it's true :)

Steve Buscemi has inked a deal to be on the show for the next 2 years. (maybe the final 2 years?) He even will direct a few eps. Since he did such a great job directing one of the most talked about eps "Pine Barrens" I am sure he will do just fine.

I read the interview on the HBO website with James Gandolfini - he said it was finishing after 6 seasons. I assumed Steve was joining the cast as he was pictured with them (although I could not find any further information about it). I think the final 2 seasons will see a lot more dark humour (Buscemi style) - even if he isn't directing, he will still have a substantial amount of creative (genius imo) input.