• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc The SOMA (Carisoprodol) mistery

delphinen

Bluelighter
I'm going to try to make this short because I'm on 4mg Clonazepam, some alcohol, and 1g Carisoprodol.
I know that 90% of drugs generates tolerance, but why SOMA is, as I did read on this very forum, always is a super hit or miss, instead of being something that works less over the time?

-before someone says something about dying on my own sleep, or something related, I used to do 20 to 40 mg Clonazepam per day years ago, GBL (yes, GBL, not GHB), Codeine, Tramadol, Memantine, etc etc; mostly depressants... I have a HUGE tolerance to these. Also in my country SOMA is OTC is you know where to buy.
So, unless I super over omega overdose, no depressant will kill me. That's kinda of a problem on itself too, but I'm going offtopic-

I mean, I feel godlike now, I'm not on any opiates/opiods... just 75mg Pregabaline I did this morning (it's almost night now) lots of Cappuccino, and again, 4mg Clonazepam (and, say, half a bottle of beer).. yesterday I did 600mg SOMA and just helped me to sleep (very well), but nothing more.

I am listening to the same songs I used to listen some time ago and they sound- no, they "feel" amazing, anime songs, videogame remixes, Beatles/Oasis/Radiohead/Dido remixes, that stuff, it's like my mind is "more awake" or something (yet I know it's quite opposite, I probably won't remember most of this tomorrow).

NSAIDs doesn't do shit to make Carisoprodol feel even better, don't they? what about shitty drugs like Sibutramine? I bet no one has any idea.
BUT
And, I'm asking again, it's 2016, do we still don't know what is Carisoprodol aside from a partial Meprobamate prodrug? I have read in some sites it plays a role with the NMDA channels... anyone knows something about this compound?

Carisoprodol is a centrally acting skeletal muscle relaxant of the carbamate class and produces all the effects associated with barbiturate receptor ligands. It is slightly soluble in water and freely soluble in ethanol, chloroform and acetone. The drug's solubility is practically independent of pH. Carisoprodol is manufactured and marketed in the United States by Meda Pharmaceuticals[1] under the brand name Soma, and in the United Kingdom and other countries under the brand names Sanoma and Carisoma. The drug is available by itself or mixed with aspirin, and in one preparation with codeine and caffeine, as well. Although carisoprodol has significant pharmacological activity, its benefit in therapy is likely due mostly to the meprobamate metabolite as meprobamate remains in the system significantly longer and reaches a higher peak plasma concentration than the parent drug a few hours following administration. This is further evidenced by carisoprodol's ability to maintain relevant benefits when administered 3-4 times a day despite its short half-life of only two hours.

I think the "best" way to potentate it (that potentates Carisoprodol, not another drug that Carisoprodol potentates) is, Coffee/Chocolate (weird right? this is half biased opinion and half what I read in the internets), and second, obviously, alcohol.

I definitely didn't get hit or miss, I gained tolerance extremely rapidly (Had to seriously cut back often and constantly be dealing with tolerance to it...) but I was taking way more than you back then.

YMMV

I get them prescribed and as tricomb said when I'd abuse them my tolerance would develop insanely fast. Day 1 I'd take 2 350 mg pills and get high and by 3-4 days I'd need 7-10. Also op you said you took 600mgs? Maybe it's different country to country but in the U.S. it comes in 250 mgs or 350mgs. I've never been prescribed the 250mgs but just googled it and see they come in that dose as well.
All that being said Somas suck recreationally because there is such a short window of euphoria that disappears very fast and then it's sleepy time.