⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film The Social Network

Rate this film"

• Total voters
i don't want to see this movie,
i don't see why they made a movie about facebook so soon,
why do people care? why david fincher? WHY:'(

Yeah. Who would want to see a movie about something that 70% of the US population alone is addicted to? I don't even have a Facebook page and I wanted to see it. David Fincher being the director was the main selling point for me. He did an excellent job, too. You don't have to care about Facebook to enjoy this movie.

One of the worst 'movies' I have seen in a long time(and this saying a lot). What is there to like? 2 hours of just some awkward smart weirdo who screws his only friend and is sued in the process. 2 hours I will never get back:(

its really a movie about entrepreneurship, not the actual website. the movie reminded more of other businessy movies like wall street or the boiler room. so people's desire to avoid the movie because its about facebook is somewhat misguided.

i enjoyed the movie. jesse eisenberg did an awesome job playing someone who is very focused on what he wants and does not realize what he is doing to the people closest to him.

I don't understand the complaints with this movie. Maybe if some people could go beyond just saying "I didn't like it". 8)

Really good acting and I really enjoyed the overall tone of the film. It was dark at points, but had a number of moments of comic relief and sarcastic humor, which lightened the mood at points. Not sure what was made up or not, but even going off what was said in the movie, Zuckerberg did screw his friend (Eduardo), but it wasn't completely unwarranted or as bad as some of you are making it sound.

NSFW:
Zuckerberg warned Eduardo about getting left behind, which was kind of pertinent since he had been running around NY trying to get advertisement deals, which would have made more sense to have been doing in California. He also canceled their account without letting them know, which could have shut facebook down at a bad time. Additionally, he did not fully read the clauses that were laid out in the initial contract.

Regardless of what anyone thinks of Facebook, it was still a great story about the creation of and building of an idea. Doesn't matter if it was Facebook or Google, it was still a cool story and it did seem to capture a lot of the ideals and social constructs of being college-aged in a time where everyone is now wired to the internet.

Also, the twins were quite funny. "I'm 6'5", 220 pounds, and there are 2 of me!"

One of the worst 'movies' I have seen in a long time(and this saying a lot). What is there to like? 2 hours of just some awkward smart weirdo who screws his only friend and is sued in the process. 2 hours I will never get back:(

You'd just end up wasting it.

it was better than i expected, and yes, the counterpunch review is on-point.

wow justin timberlake is forever ruined in my eyes

i always knew the napster guy was an asshole, his company sounds like a limp bizkit song

I finally saw this tonight and wow what a bunch of entitled little shits. I thought it was competently made but pound for pound Inception was better and I still rate it as the Best from 2010. However I still need to see The King's Speech.

jesse eisenberg was fantastic in it -- truthful or fictional portrait. although i have a feeling it isn't far from the truth. i mean, did anyone see mark zuckerberg appear on SNL with eisenberg?

it was a good SNL besides that, but as soon as I saw him, i thought, that guy is probably an insecure socially awkward asshole.

tumblr_lfwy26pELr1qbreo4o1_500.gif

just saw finished it. AWESOME flick. best i've seen in a couple weeks, easily.

/and lol, didn't know polls showed who-voted-what. ZERO surprise RAVR voted low as possible..

amour -- couldn't some of those things be verified? like when Harvard is crashed by his 'hot or not' website?

the social network soundtrack is one of my top played albums of all time. i barely remember how the whole movie goes, but the soundtrack is pretty fucking amazing. also the colour treatments were beautiful, beautiful, and how sad his obsession with rooney mara is, and how he treats her like shit and facebook stalks her.

yes, the way the ended it was very...insightful. creator of facebook gets permission to use that room, and keeps refreshijng her page to see if she accepted him.

oh and fwiw NIN(or reznor, cannot recall) was involved in a lot of the music work(which was *incredible*)

what kind of name is that, guy?

i remember enjoying this movie far more than expected and am surprised i didn't comment in this thread.

It was just Reznor... with some guy named Atticus Ross.

yeah bmxxxx....pretty sure that if it's one of my top listened to albums of all time, i know who made it? thanks for the insight though bro. 8)

idk what happened after this one. Girl With The Dragon Tattoo soundtrack was not as good. although Revealed in the Thaw and Cut into Pieces really get me going on that album.

the 'insight' wasn't for you it was for completeness of the thread.
/i like knowing shit like that, or that this flick was by same company that did Hackers Wanted (kevin spacey's company), so try to toss trivia in when relevant :]