View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines The Small & Handy NET (N-Ethyltryptamine) Thread

Help?!?!

Bluelighter
N-Ethyltryptamine has been added to a vendors database. Thoughts?

Interesting! I know that NMT (N-methyltryptamine) seems more or less inactive. Wonder if NET will be different?

Truly an interesting time to be alive. :)

I guess it's somewhat active and may have a longer duration than NMT because the extension of the alkyl chain lowers the affinity for MAO

The ethyl group on MET makes it orally active, so I think would likely do the same for NET. According to this paper, NET is slightly more potent than AMT as a serotonin releaser, but without significant dopamine or norepinephrine release. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4194234/ Interestingly, it turns out that DMT is also a serotonin releaser.

Huh, interesting. Can't wait to see some reports trickle in!

Really?! How interesting - I regret having missed it on AMT back in the Aughts, acquiring 5-MeO-AMT instead like a doofus. I've always been curious about it, as I liked my one AET experience.

NMT is not only active, it's delightful. I prefer DMT/NMT in a 1:1 ratio over pure DMT; it's slower, gentler, smoother, warmer, less alien, more maternal. https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/NMT

It's remarkable how many inactive drugs have proven to be quite active over the years (salvia, 5-HO-DMT, etc.)

I wonder what the 4 substitutions will be like? The 5 subs probably won't be made after 5-MeO-AMT, although I'm not sure what should be extrapolated from that one

I seriously doubt there is much similarity to 5-MeO-AMT, as the alpha methyl substitution greatly changes the nature of that family. I would love to see how the 4-subs and 5-subs of NMT and NET are.

Then again,

"4-Hydroxy-α-methyltryptamine (4-HO-αMT) is a psychedelic drug of the tryptamine class. It is a close structural analogue of α-methyltryptamine (αMT) and produces similar effects to it, but with exacerbated side effects similarly to 5-MeO-αMT. Alexander Shulgin describes 4-HO-αMT briefly in his book TiHKAL:

The 4-hydroxy analogue of αMT has been looked at in human subjects. It is reported to be markedly visual in its effects, with some subjects reporting dizziness and a depressed feeling. There were, however, several toxic signs at doses of 15 to 20 milligrams orally, including abdominal pain, tachycardia, increased blood pressure and, with several people, headache and diarrhea." https://www.reddit.com/r/researchch...novel_psychedelic_tryptamines_would_you_like/

I thought you were talking about the 4 subs of NMT and NET... yeah the substitutions on AMT (and AET IIRC) are fairly toxic/nasty. Although actually 5-MeO-AMT is a pretty psychedelic and interesting drug, but it does have serious bodyload.

I can't find a single report of anybody taking NET. Surely somebody must have tried it by now, right? Based on the receptor data it looks like it might be like a less stimulating AMT. I'm surprised nobody is interested in it.

I'd deff be interested in trialing this one I don't know if it's available right now tho I haven't seen it listed anywhere. But like xorky said 5-MeO and 4-subs would be worth trialing as well. If I saw 4-AcO-NET for sale I'd snag it up in a heartbeat.

Thanks for bumping this thread. I remember at the time that it was posted, I assumed we'd start getting some reports, but not a one. I'm really curious about it, given the ambiguity of NMT (it seems to definitely be active in combination, but by itself, not so much). Lengthening the alkyl chain to an ethyl should make it less able to be broken down by MAO-A, so I would think it would be active. There is so little known about the subjective effects of tryptamines with only one chain off the nitrogens.

I seriously doubt there is much similarity to 5-MeO-AMT, as the alpha methyl substitution greatly changes the nature of that family. I would love to see how the 4-subs and 5-subs of NMT and NET are.
Isn't 4-PO4-NMT baeocystin? 4-HO-NMT and 4-ACO-NMT should be similar. I don't know about the NET 4 subs.

Last edited:
Isn't 4-HO-NMT baeocystin?
" baeocystin is an N-demethylated derivative of psilocybin, and a phosphorylated derivative of 4-HO-NMT."

It would appear to be a type of that, so yes.
That is a component of many types of Psilocybin Mushroom species right?

" baeocystin is an N-demethylated derivative of psilocybin, and a phosphorylated derivative of 4-HO-NMT."

It would appear to be a type of that, so yes.
That is a component of many types of Psilocybin Mushroom species right?
Yes.

I finally decided I should get some NET and be the first to try it. Unfortunately the only vendor I know of who sells it no longer ships to my country. Damn.

Ah bummer! Crazy how nobody has reported on this yet, though it's apparently been available for years.