• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives The Small & Handy HXE Thread (3-HO-2’-oxo-PCE)

Thanks for the mini-report. :) Let us know when you try a higher dose, as it may be that 20mg is just a very low dose.

Hi !
I've just try the HXE yesterday, it has a musty smell the taste is not so bad but don't too good neither...
I've try to make a volumetric dilution in some water 50mg in 2ml it wasn't easily soluble and have colored the water in a white milky way...
It was difficult to plug due to the fact that the powder was in suspension a little in the syringue...
(Note that i have a high tolerance to dissociatives...)
The first ml of what seems to be 25mg was barely notable and i have plug the rest rapidly...
It seems barely hydrophobic, and reminiscent of 3-HO-PCP who is soluble in water but not fast as other Aryl's or MXE, MXPr or MXiPr...
Via nasal it have takes a while to kick in since the rectal dose i've take was'nt too present...
I've decided to put 40/ 50mg (based on what i had previously put on my scale to go to 50mg...)
The half of the powder was taken via nasal but was slow to come as said by @fugme and it seems to have the same profile as when i insuflatte some 3-HO-PCP...
The rest of this was taken during the night via sublingual oral to a total of 90mg throught the night...
The compounds was very reminiscent of MXE and it's for me a good sub of PCE...
But the fact that the compound was not responsive good rectally as i'm usually prone with Aryl's and the fact that i've dosed step by step have impacted the effect and the linearity of the molecule...
Anyway i've found some great results listenning to Carbon Based Lifeforms and i had a good dissociation...
Next time i'll go Sublingual/ Oral with a dose in one shot maybe 60 /70mg and improve after but this is my first impressions about the product who seems to shine in a one shot dose...
Sorry for being a bit imprecise it's relatively fresh and i speak and read english but it's hard for me to make a decent trip report...
But when i'll hit my sweet spot i'm sure that the molecule will really shine ;)
I've had some "magic" effect really reminiscent of MXE and the trip was really contemplative and peaceful but also mental in someway !
A real smooth sailing through the night listening to music...
For the duration and since i've doses step by step it remain unclear but i've dropped near 1:AM to 3:AM and it have begin to peak near 2:AM to 3:AM...
At 5:AM i was dissociated but it has begin to decreases...
I've been able to sleep near 8:AM and wake up at 12h20 with a nice afterglow....
Waiting for more reports and observations and to be in better conditions to explore the compounds further ;)
(I'm french i've tried to do my best to translate and relate my impressions)
All in all it seems to be a promising Aryl's with it's own patterns and personaliy but we are in a good PCE substitution for sure imo

After a few tests :
Doesn't dissolve in water, a little bit in vodka, may be the "sapo" of the phenol by Na+ works IDK ...
Less potent than the other MXEs analogs, but may be last longer, effects are subtle .
IMO the best choice for an anti-depressant effect ( little bumps) with less addictive effect than the others MXEs , but I cant see other uses for it ATM.
It have a numbing tone (like cocaine numbing), but I don't know enough to tell if this numbing, that I suppose come from the phenol, is related to morphine or propofol ...
Or it's close to the numbing of the Cl of Kétamine, IDK ... 4Meo-PCP was anesthetic to ...
A molecule appart IMO, don't buy it for a MXE substitute IMO, it's not
But perhaps a therapeutic tool ... that can cure the K-head disso craving, or just a new Prozac ?
It is "heady", like it gives "brain accouphenes" lol dunno how to describ it like brain hypertension, like the 3HO PCE/PCP does ...
I don't see a lots of reports, I guess people are puzzled like me with this new one :D
PS : I guess you can sleep with this one, that would be great on an escapist point of view.

Last edited:
I thought it was a mild drug before, but yesterday i took a standard 25mg dose and realized it is strong, but in its own hydroxy (and 2-oxo) way. i took another 25mg 3 hours later and the high became pretty damn strong.

I got a notice that this was released, but I hadn't realized some of it made it out before this.
Anyways I will hopefully have some of this to try pretty soon. I want to be able to give first hand accounts and comparisons between all these MXE analogs pretty soon.

Hxe is so nice, It has that mxe headspace: contentment, zen, brightness, everything is awesome-feel. I totally forgot about this and focused only on the warm blanket sensations in other analogs, but this has it all. Duration feels more similar to mxe than other analogs. Definitely a winner! For me it feels like the good old days 🌞

Doesn't dissolve in water
Strange that it wouldn't, as MXE dissolved quite readily, and you would expect HXE to be more polar. I wonder what could explain that.

Someone recently posted a proton NMR of what is supposed to be HXE, but the integration of the peaks only adds up to give 18 protons, whereas HXE HCL (what is supposedly being sold) has 20. The solvent used for NMR analysis was DMSO, which doesn't exchange protons, so perhaps there's an intramolecular proton exchange (between the ionized amine and the hydroxyl) which is responsible for the absence of these 2 peaks?

And what's the consensus on HXE so far, more or less potent than MXE? 3-HO-PCP was more potent than 3-MeO-PCP whereas 3-HO-PCE was less potent than 3-MeO-PCE. In light of 3-HO-PCP being more potent than 3-MeO-PCP, my guess is the potency reduction incurred by demethylating 3-MeO-PCE (and possibly MXE as well) is not a consequence of reduced NMDA receptor affinity, but rather a problem of absorption.

With 3-HO-PCP the freebase amine has no protons available for hydrogen bonding, whereas with 3-HO-PCE/3-HO-2'-Oxo-PCE there is one available. 3-HO-PCP would form fewer hydrogen bonds on average and so the desolvation needed to cross membranes would be less costly, energetically speaking, and its passage into the CNS would be more thermodynamically favorable.

With 3-HO-PCP the freebase amine has no protons available for hydrogen bonding, whereas with 3-HO-PCE/3-HO-2'-Oxo-PCE there is one available. 3-HO-PCP would form fewer hydrogen bonds on average and so the desolvation needed to cross membranes would be less costly, energetically speaking, and its passage into the CNS would be more thermodynamically favorable.

This is a possible and well thought out explanation, but on the other hand, both have the same "3-HO-" moiety available for hydrogen bonding in homologous positions, and the amine in 3-HO-PCE, being a secondary amine, probably has a small contribution in solvation energy. I can't come up with any thoughts on the weird discrepancy you pointed out though, so you are probably on the right track.

Finally got my hands on this! So far all I can say is 50 mg intranasal yielded light effects, definite dissociation but not enough discernible to really characterize it or distinguish it from other dissos. Reminiscent of a PCP or PCE analogue with less physical stimulation so far, a short peak and a longer steady comedown but still overall shorter than other related compounds.

Other reports indicate that it seems to dose high- I love more intense dissso experiences so I'm probably going to dive right in with 100 mg sometime this week, I'll report back!

This may be batch dependent but I'd also like to report this is one of of the foulest smelling/tasting dissos I've encountered. I couldn't even take that 50 mg line down in one go, the first slurp made me gag.

Was mxe really that great? I never ordered when i had the chance because dissociatives don't make me feel objectively "good" like opioids, but who knows.

The only dissociatives i ever really enjoyed were nitrous oxide and IV ketamine (IM ketamine was just weird). The euphorigenic properties are of utmost importance to me. MXE sounds decent though....as fastandbulbous said, "its like ketamine but with the scary bits removed"...

He still alive btw?
MXE is more like K than PCP so it is much more euphoric. It's like K with a much longer half life.
For some reason I get blue visuals with K and I get red visuals with MXE.

I feel MXE visuals are warmer hued because it has much more of a serotonin component than ketamine which is cooler and has blue visuals and less serotonin action/affinity

DCK visuals just seem silloutte'y and lack color and are kinda muddy for me

The general pathway to MXE is known but there aren't any "recipes" out there like there is for stuff like ketamine. That said, it would only take undergraduate knowledge of organic chemistry and a bit of extra research to generalize ketamine's "recipe" to MXE.

I actually wonder what pathway the HXE source used to get there, because I believe the best route goes from MXE. From MXE, your one step away from HXE, and also from something like 3-MeO-2'-HO-PCE. Actually from any of the 2'-Oxo-ACH's you're only one step away from the corresponding 2'-HO-ACH, which makes me wonder why we haven't seen those. I'm omitting details to avoid synthesis discussion, but someone please point out if this strays too close and I'll edit.

Anyways, HXE definitely sounds intriguing. DMXE ended up being quite disappointing for me, which makes me think that the more electron density at the 3 position, the better.
are nitriles not favorable ? also what of benzofurans and thiobenzofurans, possibly with 1 or 2 position halogen (on the benzofuran), where the catechilamine would be at the 2 or 3 position if you were numbering as a phenyl.

the aromatic thiobenzofuran always made me wonder in phenethylamine 2 or 5 position and also in NBx positions

edit: also please don’t dismiss immediately; thiocyanate makes me wonder because it doesn’t decompose immediately like oxycyanate. and with the right solvent dissolution and roa like rectal; i wonder

i don’t know if that could react with a receptor and bond permanently and make an oversose or lead to neurotoxicity, or if those receptors merely cycle out eventually; yada yada, not maybe something to trial high because it is more unknown but is this a reasonable way to think it could be effective at a 2 or 3 on arycyclohexamines or a 4-phenethylamine psych or a NB-2-thiocyanate ? as a functional group if it could reach the target and dock before decomposition. ?

thanks

Last edited:
Was mxe really that great? I never ordered when i had the chance because dissociatives don't make me feel objectively "good" like opioids, but who knows.

The only dissociatives i ever really enjoyed were nitrous oxide and IV ketamine (IM ketamine was just weird). The euphorigenic properties are of utmost importance to me. MXE sounds decent though....as fastandbulbous said, "its like ketamine but with the scary bits removed"...

He still alive btw?
To quote Oscar Wilde, "rumours of my demise have been somewhat exaggerated " :) .

Strange that it wouldn't, as MXE dissolved quite readily, and you would expect HXE to be more polar. I wonder what could explain that.

Someone recently posted a proton NMR of what is supposed to be HXE, but the integration of the peaks only adds up to give 18 protons, whereas HXE HCL (what is supposedly being sold) has 20. The solvent used for NMR analysis was DMSO, which doesn't exchange protons, so perhaps there's an intramolecular proton exchange (between the ionized amine and the hydroxyl) which is responsible for the absence of these 2 peaks?

And what's the consensus on HXE so far, more or less potent than MXE? 3-HO-PCP was more potent than 3-MeO-PCP whereas 3-HO-PCE was less potent than 3-MeO-PCE. In light of 3-HO-PCP being more potent than 3-MeO-PCP, my guess is the potency reduction incurred by demethylating 3-MeO-PCE (and possibly MXE as well) is not a consequence of reduced NMDA receptor affinity, but rather a problem of absorption.

just add a bit of tartric acid and that chalk dissolve immediately.
I guess this "HXE H-Cl" was just HXE base, that is not serieous for a so called chemical expert provider , tss tss :D <3

OMG just posted after mighty F&B !

You sure that the HXE was freebase and not HCL? How did you get this information? I'm not sure what arylcyclohexylamine freebases are like, but a freebase shouldn't dissolve in water so I have my doubts this is the case.

I'll be putting this one to the test soon! While I've never been particularly active on online forums, I consider myself to be extremely experienced with MXE and other dissociatives. (DCK, 3-meo-PCP, ketamine, and so on.) The only proper way to consume these chemicals, in my opinion, is by injecting and plugging them. Has anyone attempted an IM injection with this one yet?