PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Small & Handy DOF Thread

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
YxCdTHp.png

2,5-dimethoxy-4-fluoroamphetamine. This is a DOX with a simple fluorine atom on the 4 position. I have not had it lab tested, however I got it along with DOiP and DOPr that were lab tested and were spot on. I have no reason to believe it is not DOF. Additionally it smells rather like other fluorinated amphetamines I have done. I got it back in 2016, and wasn't too excited other than as a collector because once I finally found a single mention in literature, it stated that subjects felt some simple stimulation at 20mg, and it did not appear psychedelic. But I figured I'd still work up from a very low dose as this material is virtually an unknown. I started compiling a collection of trials with notes. First I took .25mg to test for an allergic reaction, and nothing. Then I took 1mg... I thought I might have felt something but determined it to be placebo. 2mg did nothing at all, and 4mg did nothing that was likely anything but placebo. However, yesterday I did 8mg (my plan was to double the dose to 8mg, and then add 4mg each time until I felt something). To my surprise I had definitely effects. I'm going to do a few more trials before I officially submit a trip report because I don't think 8mg gave me the full nature of its effects, but I was excited to share because I know we have drug nerds here like me and it was an interesting trial!

I'll post it in the next post. Does anyone have any information to share on this stuff?

Last edited:
1-10-2019 - 8mg oral DOF trial (trial #4)

9:47am (T+0:00) - Ingested 8mg orally in alcohol suspension.

10:06am (T+0:19) - Faint stomach sourness a la DOX effects. But, it may be from alcohol - I only saw my 1mg/mL solution so I ingested 8mL of vodka. Of course, afterwards I found my 10mg/mL solution. In any case, I possibly feel a slight alteration building but could easily be placebo at this point.

10:30am (T+0:43) - Pretty sure I do feel something. It's a glow about the forehead. I feel altered, it reminds me of the beginning of a psychedelic buzz except it's just in the feeling, a warm pulse in my hands and head. I feel good, at peace. No feeling of peripheral stimulation, but there is something going on.

10:40pm (T+0:53) - Okay I think it's beyond a doubt. The feeling is growing although not strong. Slight euphoria, I feel faster and more motivated but not actually stimulated. I do have a bit of that stomach weirdness that DOXs give me. Not nausea, I think of it as "sour stomach". Just a sort of weirdness, burpiness. Not really even unpleasant, just a sensation.

11:05am (T+1:18) - Found some batteries for my heart monitor and I thought it would be a good idea to get some vitals. I took it three times over the course of 5 minutes and got these results:

• 132/65, 65bpm
  • 133/73, 59bpm
  • 132/75, 59bpm

I didn't think to take my vitals before dosing, but this seems very close to my typical sober resting place of 120/80, 60bpm.

11:17am (T+1:20) - I feel a sense of excitement, no particular reason for it, but the day feels interesting to me. I have been in a winter funk lately, relatively bored most days and unable to drive myself anywhere, resulting in a case of cabin fever, so this is noteworthy. I'm about to start working on a Java application I created for work that's one of my best accomplishments here, it's had some errors I ran into for the last 2 years when I was trying to get it working with multiple languages. I'm going to dig back into that. Rather than feeling daunting, it feels fun.

12:04pm (T+2:17) - Getting hungry but I have to wait for my girlfriend to be ready to run errands. We need to pick up some kerosene and food. I'm working on this project and inexplicably, the images stored on my company's servers are unable to be read by standard I/O operations. But images elsewhere work just fine. The Internet isn't much help so far. I mean I think it's because of my work VPN so I found a solution that I can use to make it work on my machine, but I need this to work on a variety of peoples' machines. Grr...

12:47am (T+3:00) - Still more of the same. I've been talking to my boss for the last 45 minutes trying to figure out an unrelated issue with a different project. No problems with socialization and the whole thing has been rather enjoyable. During the same time, I figured out the issue in the other project I'm working on. So I'm feeling pretty good about myself. Mood is really positive, I actually am enjoying this quite a bit. It's mild but very present. The body feeling is, for lack of a better term, "DOXy". It reminds me of the body feeling of DOiP or DOET but much less intense, but with that sort of transparency/lack of vasconstriction that those have (versus DOC which is much more present in the body).

1:34pm (T+3:47) - This is on the edge of psychedelic-feeling, in the body and mind. Absolutely nothing visually. Quite comfortable. Good mood. Honestly this is fairly recreational. I'm gonna try playing some music later but for now I'm enjoying this work project, and it's almost time to go run some errands. It hasn't shown any signs of decreasing in strength yet.

3:18pm (T+5:31) - Still going. Back from errands. Possibly a slight drop-off in intensity. Still feeling good, a bit less mood boost. I feel like I would get really high if I smoked weed. I'm going to refrain until I see when this drops off on its own. Weed really intensified and brought back a peak with DOiP and these don't feel entirely dissimilar.

4:05pm (T+6:18) - I've been making good progress on my work project, checking things off my list of upgrades. But now I'm up against the main one which is going to take many hours of work, basically redesigning the whole thing to deal with multiple languages. Smoking one hit of weed now. Okay so I changed my mind. I would like to see how they interact, and whether the weed brings out anything psychedelic in this state. It does feel kind of like a psychedelic stimulant. Before taking the hit of weed, my heart monitor says I am 135/75, at 52bpm.

4:22pm (T+6:35) - Okay I feel high, and on DOF, but I don't see any sort of potentiation or synergy. Normal weed stuff, alteration in thought patterns, a higher level of baseline anxiety. Nice body feeling. I felt compelled to go back and put in T+X;XX to all my time stamps, and I did all the math in my head, which felt fun to do. I don't really feel like pressing on with my work project as I reached a good stopping point, so I will go play some piano.

4:50pm (T+7:03) - The music enhancement is very real, which is great. It feels like more than weed. It resembles when I play music on a low dose of a psychedelic such as LSD, where both physical and mental connection are greater. This would probably be a great drug to take for band practice. My discipline in playing was greater and I just wrote the basis for a song. The DOF seems to aid me in maintaining focus and discipline. Similar to Adderall in that way actually. Which is funny because the rest of the day I haven't been reminded of Adderall. My heart vitals are 130/72, 61bpm. So basically the same, though I feel like it should be higher now because I just got pretty into music.

5:47pm (T+8:00) - I've hit the 8 hour mark. It's definitely weaker but still active. I was thinking it might be over by 8 hours in but apparently not. I feel quite nice. Appetite is entirely unaffected, I just ate a big dinner salad and it was delicious. I can tell nothing else is going to develop here, and it's on its way out. It's really been surprisingly nice so far. I think next trial will be soon, and at 12mg. If the effects are replicatable, I might be a little happier that I have a gram of this than I once was. Today was nice, easygoing, kind of like a stimulant but without any of the negatives and with a bit of a psychedelic sparkle. It might end up being a nice tool for the box.

6:47pm (T+9:00) - It's mostly dropped off now.

7:37pm (T+9:50) - I would say it's down now. I feel pretty much normal.

Thoughts the next day: well, I didn't really expect effects at 8mg, but I got them, and they were nice! Nothing profound or paradigm-shifting, but a nice day enhancer with some minor psychedelic qualities, and a reasonable duration. Very clear-headed, doesn't get in the way, feel as much like a low dose of Adderall as it does a very low dose of LSD or something of the sort. At least at this level. I look forward to my next trial. Probably 7 days from this one.

Last edited:
It's 2,5-dimethoxy-4-fluoroamphetamine. It's a close relative of DOM and DOC, a psychedelic amphetamine, if you've heard of those.

I was talking to my friend about why I got effects that resembled Adderall with a small dose of LSD, if the subjects tested in the 60s or 70s or whatever claimed nothing but simple stimulation at 20mg. He suggested it's because the subjects probably hadn't done many drugs, if any. Furthermore, back in those days it's likely there was much less language developed to discuss the subtleties of the varying effects of so many different chemicals. Simply put, they didn't really have much to compare it to. Seems plausible. Either way, I like this stuff so far.

Many experimenters of DOET in the early days didn't find it psychedelic either. I have tried it once so far and I can see why someone would find it perplexing (I did), but it's definitely psychedelic.

From what I understand, the 4-Fluoro-substituent is just way too small to make for a truly potent psychedelic.

Shulgin et al made 2C-F and took the dose up to 250 mg, but didn't achieve much more than threshold-level effects; in other words, it seems to be weaker than 2C-B by a factor of 20 or more.

Then again, if an active dose of DOF were around 25 mg (ballpark estimate; I am aware that drug SAR's aren't that simple), that's similar to the active doses of common 4-x-tryptamines or 2C's. The question, however, is whether that dose would come with a greater degree of side-effects.

I guess I'll find out. :) I was surprised at the level of effects from just 8mg. It was nothing strong or powerful but it was quite present and pleasant.

Roughly the intensity of 1mg DOC, do you think?

Sounds pleasant. I wonder if you're already approaching an effect ceiling, or if that's truly a light dose. Guess we'll find out!

No, less intense than that. 1mg of DOC is fully psychedelic for me, sometimes as intense as a good hit of LSD. This was maybe like taking about 25-30ug but different.

I wonder it too. My next trial will be next week though, going to do 12mg. It's possible there is a ceiling on mental effects and it just becomes stimulating. At this dose it was not stimulating in terms of speeding up my heart, it just made me feel motivated and interested in things, which is why I likened it to Adderall.

1-13-2019 - 12mg trial (+phenibut)

12:30pm (T+0:00) - Ingest 12mg orally in 1.2mL of alcohol (10mg/mL). Very bitter taste which made my face scrunch up involuntarily It has only been 3 days since my last trial but I have a free day and I want to see whether tolerance plays a factor as much as other psychedelics, since this feels only quasi-psychedelic so far, or if it's more like non-psychedelic amphetamines where you can use them with less time between without building much tolerance. I am either going to go hang out with my friend for a few hours, or stay home and finish chainsawing up a fallen tree and splitting wood/carrying chopped rounds up a hill. Depends on if he gets back to me.

I am mildly physically dependent on phenibut currently, working on tapering down. I take it every other day at lower and lower dosages. Today is the first DOF trial where I am taking phenibut. Total dose is 3 grams spread into 4 doses with an hour apart between dosages (first dosage at 11am, last at 3pm). I expect they will mix quite nicely as phenibut mixes nicely with almost everything. I mention it since it is relevant, but this is a maintenance dose for me and will only really take away the withdrawal that was starting to creep in.

Just took my baseline BP/HR readings and it's 130/66, 61bpm.

12:50pm (T+0:20) - Possible first alert. Something just changed and my body and mind have attained a slight glow.

1:05pm (T+0:35) - I'm definitely starting to come up now. BP/HR is 136/78, 60bpm. Slightly higher, or maybe just normal variation.

1:30pm (T+1:00) - This feels stronger than last time. I have a bit of a psychedelic come-up feeling, in that aside from a rising motivation and light euphoria, I am yawning occasionally and wanting to stretch my muscles. I also have the feeling of needing to empty my bowels that I associate with stimulants. Although I do usually get that with DOC as well. This actually reminds me of DOiP and DOET a lot right now. I am certainly willing to call this a psychedelic state... it goes well beyond "simple stimulation". It seems like I am almost getting visuals. At the moment this reminds me of nothing so much as my 12mg DOiP trial except it feels less distracting. I feel more motivated to do things and more energetic. And with that, I'm going to go outside and split some firewood. BP/HR reads 124/73 at 60bpm. Basically the same.

3:00pm (T+2:30) - I just got back inside from chainsawing/carrying big tree trunk rounds/splitting. I think DOF is a good drug for this sort of work. I got myself very into a meditative zone and just pushed through it. My body felt very healthy, I just felt like I could make it work for me how I needed it to. I didn't feel in any sense of danger at all using a chainsaw or axe. Very in control and pretty sober-minded. I feel peaceful, content. I only came in because my elbow started to hurt from repeated axe impacts and strain from hundred pound or more tree trunk pieces. This is my second day in a row of doing this, a sizable red oak tree fell about a month ago, it had rotted at the stump and blew over in heavy wind, and I've been cutting it up since then. While out there just now I counted its rings and it has about 60 so it was older than I expected. Yesterday some of the rounds I had previous cut were dry enough to split. I really, really enjoy splitting wood, it's great exercise and there's a great tangible reward (firewood) and it's really satisfying to swing a wood-splitting axe over your head and slam it down onto some wood and have it explode into pieces. That felt like therapy!

3:20pm (T+2:50) - Playing music for the past 20 minutes was even better therapy. I really found it easy to play what I'm thinking. I was falling into no-thought zones easily where I was just playing and observing what was coming out and realizing I was no longer in control of it. I really love being able to get to those places and I was finding it effortless to do so just now. So this is now two trials in a row where the music enhancement has been very real.

Still no visuals, but my visual static is cranked way up. I think some amount of my extremely peaceful and centered emotional state right now is from the phenibut, but it's certainly not just that. I've just taken my BP/HR and it reads 116/64 at 80bpm. My heart rate is up because I just basically worked out and then played music but strange that my BP would be down below normal. But could be the monitor because the next 2 times it gave an error, it gets weird sometimes. I always measure 3 or 4 times in a row and take the average.

4:30pm (T+4:00) - I would say this is definitely a psychedelic. But a psychedelic with virtually no side effects or any bells and whistles. None of the spiritual either, but just a wonderful serene state with crystal clear thoughts and gentle introspection. Like a stimulant, except there is a warmth and character to it that elevates it above a simple stimulant.

5:30pm (T+5:00) - I really like this stuff. My girlfriend got home a while ago and there is a faint bit of not feeling total ease in socializing but nothing major. It's more like whenever it's my turn to talk, it feels like I have no time to decide what to say so it's slightly flustering. This got better as we talked for a few minutes. I went outside and carried 8 more tree trunk rounds up the hill, and split one of them. I didn't feel any of my previous 2 days of work while I was doing it, I wasn't even getting too out of breath until the end. I only stopped because my elbow started hurting again. Now we're going to eat a little dinner and try to go see the new "Bohemian Rhapsody" movie at the "brew and view" which is a local pizza and brewery place that has a small movie theater. I'm quite hungry, there really isn't any appetite suppression at all.

7:00pm (T+6:30) - Definitely on the way down, but I feel the same, just a little bit less intense (not that it was ever intense). We decided we're going to see a 10pm showing of "Princess Mononoke" instead. It's really striking how peaceful I feel. Everything is in its right place. Not in some sort of synchronicity type of sense, but much more simply. It is good, I am good. I have what I need. I have someone to love, food, shelter, friends... this is good. It's good to remember that.

8:45pm (T+8:15) - Music remains so very wonderful to play, the flow state very accessible. I still feel the DOF but not very strongly. It has left me with a residual, comfortable glow. I started reading a new book by an author I love whose series I just finished and have been getting very absorbed in it. In about a half hour my girl and I are going to go see Princess Mononoke in a movie theater. Pretty excited about that!

12:30am (T+12:00) - Got home, going to try to go to bed. Still feel a faint glow of DOF... longer duration this time.

Thoughts the next day: What a fun night! I smoked a few hits of weed before we left, in preparation for the movie, and first we went out to the grocery store. I was having a great time making witty quips and interacting with the cashiers. Then at the movie, there were a lot of people, and this guy sat down next to us that me and my girl both later agreed looked really familiar, like we'd met him before. He introduced himself and we got to talking, basically the whole time until the movie started, pretty fun and easy conversation. He was a nice guy, and it was fun to meet someone new and converse. We ended up talking about all sorts of stuff, all the way up to the nature of the universe (due of the one of the movie previews).

Then Princess Mononoke came on and it was glorious. I remembered when it started that I saw it a couple of years ago with my girlfriend, but that was at home, and anyway I remembered only about half of it. I enjoyed the movie very much. After the movie, we went home. I still felt the remnants of the drug, just a comfortable body and mind glow. I felt relaxed, but my mind was too active to sleep, even after reading for an hour. Eventually, at 2am (T+13:30), I took 0.5mg of etizolam, and faded into sleep pretty quickly after that.

Well, raising the dose to 12mg made some differences. First of all, the duration was longer. It seemed that the plateau just stretched out compared to my 8mg trial. Also, it pushed it into more fully psychedelic territory, although it was psychedelic only in the mind and body. There were no perceptual differences at all, no sense of being able to go deep, just a very beautifully peaceful, content and thoughtful state. The mental state I found myself in at 8mg was very pleasant but this 12mg trial was more fully developed. I honestly completely loved the way I felt. And I have a great afterglow today, too. The whole thing was subtle and graceful and very useful. The phenibut, again, likely increased this aspect so I will have to try another similar dose next on a non-phenibut day, but I know my body and mind and phenibut only has a subtle effect on me these days due to dependence. There was a lot more at play than phenibut, for sure.

Another thing I noticed is that I felt so content with my state that, at the brew and view, where everyone was drinking beer, I did order some pizza, but I had absolutely no desire whatsoever for beer. I was feeling like alcohol would just muddy up the subtle but beautiful state of grace I had found myself in. That is significant for me because I have a hard time resisting alcohol in general. I am hopeful that I can at times take this for band practice. Not only is the music enhancement wonderful with it, but if it suppresses my desire for alcohol, it may be able to help me break that pattern. My bandmates all drink and it is band practice that really ultimately led me back into liking to drink years ago, after many years of barely ever doing it or feeling attracted to it. More recently I basically only ever drink at band practice or if I go out to a show. I'd like to cut the band practice drinking out. I may have found an ally for that, we'll see. Phenibut alone makes me really enjoy alcohol and more likely to choose to drink it due to greater impulsiveness. The utter lack of draw to alcohol was very noteworthy and distinct.

Last edited:
This is very interesting Shadowmeister, I look forward to further reports. This sounds very nice! It's too bad it's utterly rare.
I can't remember, is the molecule with just a hydrogen in the position of the fluorine inactive?

The unsubstituted 2,5-DMA has nothing on the 4 position (I guess that means just hydrogen, right? hence "2C-H" being 2,5-dimethoxyphenethylamine?), and it's not inactive, it was found to be somewhat recreational but not psychedelic in PIHKAL and Shulgin mentions that it was distributed on the street for a bit in dosages of like 170mg or something. He spculated that the fluorine on the 4th position would render it more or less like the unsubstituted, and that it would be 5 to 10 times less potent than the heavier halogens (Br, Cl, I - so I suppose he meant qualitatively rather like the unsubstituted but more potent). In my estimation this is incorrect, though certainly it is less potent and less intense than the heavier halogens. I guess 2C-F was tested and found to have no activity at pretty high dosages but obviously the amphetamine counterparts are all a lot more potent.

Yeah too bad it's mega rare. Never seen it for sale by any vendor except the one I stumbled upon, who had also made 25f-NBOMe (which I didn't get). The vendor no longer exists now anyway. I wish some other people could report on it besides me. Maybe I can convince some of my friends to try it if they write TRs.

I've concluded my workup to 20mg. I compiled all my notes into a report and posted it on Erowid and in the TR forum here: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...n-Obscure-Potentially-Psychedelic-Amphetamine

Verdict: I like this. it's a good day enhancer, serving a similar purpose as a low dose of LSD or other psychedelic, for enhancing creativity and mood. 20mg started to bring out less desirable aspects, and 8mg was somewhat underdeveloped, by 12mg and 16mg both brought out an ideal ratio of positives to almost no negatives. Nothing Earth-shattering or particularly special, but still very pleasant with some utility. I'm hoping some other people will manage to be able to try this and offer their own experiences.

I will. I'll start at 12mg and give my thoughts. Possibly tonight.

I really liked DOF. On its own at 12mgs it wasn't highly psychedelic until I added in some DOC some hours in but it was nice on it's own as well. Dreamy, calm, and euphoric mindset. Like you said music is blissful. With DOC it got more wild than I thought as I did not add to much DOC. Maybe it's one sort of like 2c-D that's a good compainion for other psychedelics. Though it is fine on it's own as well.

Interesting, I hadn't thought to try a combination. How much DOC did you add? I'll probably give that a shot sometime, also maybe try combining it with a tryptamine.

I didn't find it highly psychedelic at any dose, only very mildly, but I did find it pleasant.

That's what I meant. It has psychedelic undertones but nothing explicitly apparent. I knew reading your report I would most likely experience something similar. My doses were 6mgs of DOF, then about a mg of DOC both rectally administered. I could really tell though that it wasn't just the DOC causing the trippiness, that the DOF was adding to it quite nicely. It would be interesting to see what you think of it with DOC and with a tryp! Ahhh science how I love thee!;)

My doses were 6mgs of DOF, then about a mg of DOC both rectally administered.

Interesting. Does a rectal ROA potentiate DOx? For some reason, I was under the impression that DOx weren't significantly more potent or shorter acting when taken rectally, and not much shorter acting when insufflated (or even vaporized apart from the shortened comeup.) What have you all found to be the case?

It's shorter but not by too much and definitely more potent. The come up is 5-15 minutes.