Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Small & Handy DOEF Thread

delphium

Bluelighter
Howdy PD,

After a lot of searching, I can find excruciatingly little information about this compound outside of its entry in PiHKAL. This is unfortunate, because, by some fantastic twist of fate I've recently procured a sizable sample of the stuff from a highly reliable source. Unfortunately, I have no means (outside of the trust I put in this particular source) of confirming that what I have is, in fact, DOEF. And so here I sit, on what I think may be the cutting edge of psychedelic exploration, twiddling my thumbs with indecision. Any ideas as to where I should start? Any advice on how to confirm the purported chemical makeup of my sample? Or even better, any experience reports? Help!

If you know anyone in the chemistry dept at your local university, you may be able to get them to run it on their NMR and FTIR. Between those two things, they should be able to elucidate a full structure. Actual compound charaterization if you were to pay for it, would be a couple hundred dollars.

Marquis reagent should be able to give you a general idea of what class it falls in if you don't have access to any kind of real analysis. Watch the result closely, with the fluoro-group allegedly on your compound, it may react totally different than anything currently known... in which case, could be the answer you're looking for. Remember I said 'could,' not 'is.'

Aren't you lucky OP :) The only advice I have other than maybe find a chemist to ID it is to start with a very low dose. The most I would start with would be 1mg. I'd probably try half that to start.

Thanks for the quick responses guys.

Regrettably I don't have a marquis test available at the moment. However, I performed a melting point test and the results (206 degrees celsius) correspond with the data in PiHKAL. I've also contacted my source to see if a more detailed analysis of the compound is available. If such an analysis isn't forthcoming, I'm planning on taking 100-200 mcg to test for an idiosyncratic reaction. Assuming all goes well, I'll wait 4-5 days and start off with a 1.5 mg dose in hopes of discerning this thing's activity. Sound prudent?

Say I thought haloalkyl-subbed compounds were prone to form potentially harmful halohydrocarbon metabolites as opposed to substances where the halogens are directly bonded to the benzenering... Or does that exclude fluorine in general?

Wow, OP... lucky you. I'd love to try DOEF, as the DOXs are among my favorite substances (perhaps my favorite), and 2C-E is my favorite 2C-X by far.

Whenever you get a real experience, please please please write a detailed report for us! :)

Okay, so my curiosity got the best of me. About one hour ago I apportioned out 200 mcg of the alleged DOEF (using liquid measurement to ensure accuracy) and swallowed it with a swig of orange juice. No sign of activity yet, which makes sense given the available dosage range. I figure at this point I'm also out of the woods in terms of allergic reaction, so pending a truly bizarre turn of events I'll be taking a dose of 1.5-2 mg on Saturday or Sunday. If there ends up being anything to report, rest assured I will report it here. In the meantime, if anyone out there has any experience with this beast please let me know. I don't mind going into this relatively blind but any reassurance would be appreciated.

i'm quite envious as well, as i'm quite a fan of the 2c's and their amphetamine homologues... do post a link, or the entire trip report in this thread if you don't mind... Have fun with that

perhaps PM Fastandbulbous and Hugo24 (apologies if this isn't his exact user name its this or something close). I seem to remember both of them talking about this compound, however, I do not believe either actually consumed it but were theorizing about it.

good luck! what parts do you live in again? Ahhh just kidding ;)

Looks like according to Shulgin, your effective dose is over a milligram. You probably won't break threshold until about 1.5 mgs.

Don't wanna rain on anyone's parade, but I too procured some purported DOEF, which unfortunately turned out to be "plain ole" DOI (as verified by GC/MS)...

that was a while ago and that was anything but a reputable vendor.

/source discussion

:D

Huh. Well, that doesn't bode well. I'd like to think that the melting point test would rule out the possibility of it being DOI, but I don't really know. From what I've read, though, it sounds like the two ought to be easily distinguishable in terms of their effects profiles. Going by the reading I've done it sounds like 2 mg of DOI should be a fairly strong trip with a noticeable visual component and some sort of amphetamine rush/burn in the body, whereas 2 mg DOEF should be very gentle physiologically and completely non-visual. But enough speculation. I don't think I'm gonna stumble across a mass spec complete with a "For Dummies" manual in the next few days, so I'll just have to wait and see.

Also, I still haven't noticed any psychological or physical changes from the 200 mics.

Huh. Well, that doesn't bode well. I'd like to think that the melting point test would rule out the possibility of it being DOI, but I don't really know. From what I've read, though, it sounds like the two ought to be easily distinguishable in terms of their effects profiles. Going by the reading I've done it sounds like 2 mg of DOI should be a fairly strong trip with a noticeable visual component and some sort of amphetamine rush/burn in the body, whereas 2 mg DOEF should be very gentle physiologically and completely non-visual. But enough speculation. I don't think I'm gonna stumble across a mass spec complete with a "For Dummies" manual in the next few days, so I'll just have to wait and see.

Also, I still haven't noticed any psychological or physical changes from the 200 mics.

psst find a chemist friend before you sample any more

its best to DEFINITELY know especially with very exotic chems.

Or send me 20mg and I'll shuttle some along to a friend with GC/MS and we'll know for sure.

Regrettably I don't have a marquis test available at the moment.

By all means if you have the money and time to wait for shipping click the EZ Test link at the top of the page and support BL. :)

That said; It sounds like if you have access to a melting point tester and general lab equipment you would have access to sulphuric acid and formaldehyde.

Marquis reagent is 9 parts concentrated sulphuric acid and 1 part formaldehyde. I only had paraformaldehyde to use and I made up 10ml of marquis with 370mg paraformaldehyde, 1mL dH2O, 9mL concentrated H2SO4. Works like a charm. :)

Hope this doesn't count as synth discussion as it's only marquis reagent. :)

EDIT: For the record; I did buy the "complete" EZ test kit (which IMO is way overpriced) through that banner a while ago, used it twice (I don't use pills much) and then within a year of buying it the marquis didn't work. That's why I looked up the marquis recipe and made my own. :)

Last edited:
Definitely find a way to verify that what you have is indeed DOEF. Although marquis test results might be inconclusive with this one - perhaps someone with decent chemistry knowledge could shed some light on this.

This substance does sound very intriguing to me. From the commentary in the PIHKAL entry, it would seem that one could expect something quite similar to 4-halogenated DOx (DOI, DOB, DOC) due to similar electronic and polar properties of the molecule. According to the (few accounts of) qualitative comments, it's effect are in fact very similar to DOI. Perhaps less body load and jitteryness, which would be an immensely good thing, but it is possible that these effects could appear at higher dosages. It does also look like it could be slightly less potent than DOI, but even if it isn't, a higher dose than 3mg might be required to really get the taste of it. At least that was the case with DOI for me - at 3mg, it seemed rather dull, while at 4mg it got much more intense and psychedelic.

Sorry about the ramble, the thought of these novel compounds tends to set off this reaction in me. Hopefully you can get the identity of the chemical you have verified. Either way, keep us posted of your trials with it! This could easily turn out to be another gem (like DOC and DOM).

I'd like to think that the melting point test would rule out the possibility of it being DOI, but I don't really know.
Well actually, I find the MP datum you obtained encouraging, even if the MP's between the DOEF and DOI are only ~5 deg C apart.

BTW, (as sunyata pointed out) all my vendors are scallywags and scoundrels, here's hoping your luck is better... :)