• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Small & Handy BOHB (beta-hydroxy-2C-B) thread

Words of wisdom, guys: don't mix ethyl-hexedrone with psychedelics. Derp. Actually it's kind of a shitty drug overall, it's like cocaine that makes you anxious. Fuck it.

I don't think I'm going to write a report on BOHB this time. I was feeling pretty good, it was hour 3 or 4, I wasn't getting any visuals but I was feeling perfectly sociable at band practice and it was definitely psychedelic, to the point that my keyboard seemed a bit alien at first (I was at band practice). I then took some 3-MMC which added a lovely element to it. But then I guess I was being a fiend and thought I'd like a little more and did 2 big bumps of hexen, and it immediately seemed to erase the 3-MMC and make me feel anxious and uncomfortable. I finished out band practice alright actually but I just really wished I hadn't done it. The BOHB didn't really progress more, well, maybe it did mentally, it's hard to tell what was what. By the time I got home, I felt awkward trying to talk to my girlfriend, I mean in terms of I just wasn't sure how a normal person was supposed to talk. I guess I felt like I was tripping harder, definitely, but in a somewhat indefinable way. We watched TV and that was cool. At 1am she wanted to go to bed and I wanted to read my book. But she got kind of annoyed at me because all this week I've been staying up really late and not going to bed with her, and she was getting a migraine. So I decided to go to bed with her, but had to take a fat dose of etizolam to have any hope of sleep. This morning I feel fine, except just dumb for being a fiend. Every time I get stimulants it's a bad thing, but every so often I do it anyway. Like a rat with a lever...

Anyway in character, BOHB reminded me of bk-2C-B, which makes sense since bH-2C-B (BOHB) is thought to be its primary metabolite. There's something a bit subtle about it, way more subtle than 2C-B. I felt basically not intoxicated, but I was altered for sure, at least for the first 4 hours. I took 60mg, I think next time I'll go higher (and not mix it with stupid stimulants).

So I tried this last Thursday, 100mg orally. Last trip was exactly 2 weeks ago on 4.5mg of DOI so there might have been a little tolerance present, and in general I seem below average sensitive to phenethylamines.

After 40 minutes or so I could feel the first effects, my head felt very light and there was a tingly feeling across my scalp and hair. Not particularly pleasant but not unpleasant either. A friend of mine wanted to trip with me but chose not to indulge in BOHB, he took 20mg of 2C-E (and 15mg 2 hours later) but felt nothing which kinda put a damper on the day for him, and maybe also for me. It was a beautiful day outside so I was kinda pressing to go outside but he felt mostly uncomfortable throughout. We made a couple walks before heading back inside to put on music, which sounded really good but I wasn't getting 'lost' in it so to say.
It kept climbing up until 3 or 4 hours in, it felt light, subtle and clearheaded but I was tripping quite hard nonetheless. At that point there was some visual activity, mostly reminding me of 2C-x. By then my friend had left and I decided to make my way to other friends who were just chilling. I tried formulating a message to some people but I didn't manage in the end although I wasted about half a hour on it lol, the way I tried to phrase my thoughts felt awkward and eventually I just gave up, although I really didn't want to. The walk to my friend's place was great, I had a huge smile across my face and I was just thinking about stuff, often almost bursting into laughing. BOHB is said to be quite stimulating but it was no more stimulating than most psychedelics are for me (apart from DOx), I like to be outside and do things when tripping but BOHB was never forceful, except for quite a bit of bruxism. It felt like I was wrapped in a frivolous and light headed cloud.

Anyway, I reached my friend's place, and there were quite a bit of people there, more than I expected but I didn't mind. I'm experienced in tripping in social situations and talking and joking around came easy and was fun, there were some more difficult situations as passing the store or getting pasta (which I had no interest in at the time, not hungry at all, even though I hadn't eaten almost anything). I hung out with them for almost the rest of my trip, even played some card games which to my surprise wasn't as hard as I would've expected. The drug had slowed down a little but was still very there, a ++ for sure. There was a headache at this point though, maybe after 8 hours it appeared and only got worse throughout the night. Smoked weed and hashish on it too after 9 hours of dosing or so, which was awesome, I only smoke very rarely anymore but I should try it more on psychedelics. It brought the visuals back, and I was constantly incredibly deep in thought only to 'wake up' from it after 10 minutes or so, it wasn't anxious at all which it might've been sober. I drank a couple glasses of wine on it as well, but the headache was already there before it.

Coming down from BOHB was very gradual and smooth, and combining it with some wine, weed and hashish got me into an amazing headspace and made me able to not think about the headache.

I left at about 1:00 AM (12 hours after dosing), made a big detour by accident, was still way too high, in the middle of it I hung out with people I met on the way for an hour or so. I felt like I was still tripping as well but it was quite fun although they were drunk, it helped that I was putting on music and one of the girls seemed into me.

After 14 hours I could still feel the remnants of BOHB but I was very tired and just fell asleep. The day after I was a wreck though, not energetic and I mostly ate throughout the day.

Conclusion:
Onset: 30-60 minutes
Come-up: 1 - 3 hours
Peak: 4-6 hours
Offset: 4-8 hours

Or something like it.
For me I came up from hour +01:00 -> +03:00, my peak was somewhere from +04:00 -> +06:00, and then it very slowly diminished until I went to sleep at +14:00. These timings are very rough since I don't seem to remember too much of the day and I didn't take very many notes.
Physically it was very comfortable, noticed no vasoconstriction, and all in all I had a great day, only minus is the headache which I've never had before on a psychedelic btw, and it was not a lack of drinking water. When I trip I always have a small bottle of water with me which I refill regularly.

Hope it was somewhat useful, I will answer questions to the best of my ability :)

Last edited:
How does this stuff compare to the newly (again) available BOD and 4C-D? All three of these chems sound fairly similar based on the reports I've been reading - super smooth on the body, just the right amount of headspace for socializing and doing ordinary things, clean stimulation, basically everything I'm looking for in my psychedelic use most of the time.

Nothing mindfucky really, just general life enhancement and confidence boosting for hanging with friends, concerts, and/or partying. I'm really having a hard time deciding which out of the three might suit my purposes best so any comparisons/contrasts people can draw between them (either from experience or conjecture) would be greatly appreciated!

4C-D is way lighter and much shorter lasting than BOHB. Haven't tried BOD yet though I have some, just haven't gotten to it. 4C-D is more subtle than BOHB. It also lasts shorter than either BOD and BOHB which might either be good or bad (or dependent on situation).

I'm really frustrated with the apparent lack of interest in this chemical. Still no entry for it on psychonautwiki, very few reports. Why?

Have you tried it?

There are quite a bit of reports on reddit. I thought it was OK but pretty much every other psychedelic that is available is probably nicer/deeper/more fun. I won't be trying it again because of the headache I got towards the end. If you really want more reports you can also search on bk-2C-B which I guess is very similar in effects (but more erratic) due to it metabolizing in BOHB.

Have you tried it?

There are quite a bit of reports on reddit. I thought it was OK but pretty much every other psychedelic that is available is probably nicer/deeper/more fun. I won't be trying it again because of the headache I got towards the end. If you really want more reports you can also search on bk-2C-B which I guess is very similar in effects (but more erratic) due to it metabolizing in BOHB.

Yeah, one of those reports is mine. I had a really great time on 40mg and the friendly nature of the experience really sets the stuff apart for me.

Have you tried it?

This sounds like the equivalent of 4-HO-DET vs some of the deeper trypts like 4-HO-MiPT, 4-HO-MET or even 4-ACO-DMT.

It sounds like It's got it's own character, it's fun, you can trip on it, but it's nothing to write home about. HOWEVER, still worth a try... for science.

4-HO-DET is deep for me, for sure more deep than 4-HO-MET, although I struggle with the word 'deep'. I tripped on it once and had quite the sad time, had a dark vibe to it at the time, not sure if it was set & setting or the drug.

BOHB was okay, if I wouldn't have gotten that headache, I'd take it again. I don't know if it has that much character though, I mean, the effects are unique and feels very different to other drugs, but the feel seems forced and synthetic. I had the same feeling with 2C-B-FLY. There's much more of a character to the 2C-x for example.

Maybe I just haven't hit the sweet spot with the 4-HO-DET. alternatively, I've tried 4-HO-MET at many different doses, 5 mg, 17 mg, 25 mg, etc... and they all produce a visual aspect with no real mind fuck. Like, I went to a poetry reading on 15 mg and it was a good time, very much enjoyed that. 5mg I went to the gym on, and I've gone to the gym on 17 mg also, both really good times.

But so far the DET counterpart has all the body feel, but even at 17 mg, I feel like if I didn't stop and pay attention, I could totally miss the trip. Probably needs higher dose. I've also done about 20 mg of 4-HO MiPT and it was very intense, we were watching the new Aladdin and Toy story 4 at a drive in movie and walking to the washrooms was very confusing. 23 mg of the same shit blew my head off, it was my first hard +++ in a long ass time. Doses vary a bit with the trypts. If I could find some 2C-I again, I'd be all over it like a fat kid on a chocolate bar. That stuff was a unique visual experience.

If I get the nuts to do an order from one of the famous vendors overseas, I'll add it (BOHB) to the collection. I know they can't all be mind blowing phantazmic experiences, but they are all our childrenz.

This sounds like the equivalent of 4-HO-DET vs some of the deeper trypts like 4-HO-MiPT, 4-HO-MET or even 4-ACO-DMT.
I've tried 4-HO-MET at many different doses, 5 mg, 17 mg, 25 mg, etc... and they all produce a visual aspect with no real mind fuck.

Okay, I was gonna ask you what you meant by 4-HO-MET being "deep" in your first post, and then I saw your second post. I think we must mean different things by "deep." For me "deep" pretty closely overlaps "mind fuck." Not always, but probably 95% of the time.

I suppose there is many different levels of "depth", like heaily visuals could be deep in that particular aspect, the mind fuck component can be very heavy with no real visual component (MiPT base is like this), intense bodily sensations without mindfuck or visuals, but accentuated euphoric and stimulating qualities could also be another aspect of depth.

But I do agree that mindfuck is undeniably a main determinant of subjective depth in many cases. I'm not new, but I certainly lack experience with the whole phenethlamine realm, which I'd very much like to straighten out at some point to broaden the scope of my experiences, and better relate to the experiences of others.

I love reading a good trip report. Gives a snapshot into a very special moment in the life of a uniquely diverse human experience, for which I am always thankful <3

I'll be adding this to my collection soon enough, I like how cheap the stuff is. Seems like a worthy addition to the whole 2c-b analogues out there. What would you say compares closest to this stuff? I'll start low though untill I have more experience with it.

I'll be adding this to my collection soon enough, I like how cheap the stuff is. Seems like a worthy addition to the whole 2c-b analogues out there. What would you say compares closest to this stuff? I'll start low though untill I have more experience with it.

well.. about 3 months have passed. Have you not tried it?If not, you can easily start out with 40mg. I would compare it to a lighter version of MDMA with fewer side effects but it's unique in its own right.

I recently just bought some of this from a DN. I've tried 2CB a few times but it's very difficult to get here in the USA. I just took delivery of this and will try to sample it over the holidays and will post a trip report.

I recently just bought some of this from a DN. I've tried 2CB a few times but it's very difficult to get here in the USA. I just took delivery of this and will try to sample it over the holidays and will post a trip report.
Do report back. I'm curious about any new phens.

Definitely curious about this one, love me some 2cb-fly. I seent those new 60mg pellets of these and definitely piqued my curiosity.

Anyone already tried this with LSD?

I like to combine my lsd or allad with 2c-b sometimes and was wondering if BOHB could serve as a replacement for 2c-b in this case. I'm not expecting the same effects, just trying to see if it's seen as more or less equally safe and fun. Thanks in advance !

Last night i tried this at 65-70mg oral. Previously i had made a 8 & 20mg testrun.

Perfect social drug imo. No intense headspace, but nonetheless extremely happy. I went to a rave. Had an awesome time dancing and chatting. Energy was abundant.

I redosed with 25mg 2cd and that went smooth together.12-13hours after initial BOHB dose i went to sleep and awoke completely refreshed after 7,5hours of sleep.

Next time i'll try 75-80mg BOHB and 35-50mg 2cd. I am expecting to find my sweet spot there.

This could be a keeper for me.

Its not as wholesome/magical as 2cb but i liked the mallable (sp?) part of the trip. Again, very, very good vibes and mood.