• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines The Small & Handy BOD (4-methyl-2,5,beta-trimethoxyphenethylamine) Thread

sin_is_synthetic

Bluelighter
This is another rarity that has popped up again recently and was wondering of any experiences or opinions of anybody here that have dived into this novel compound. I found one TR on this forum and a couple on Erowid. Always rare to see a novel phenethylamine these days so it sparked my curiosity.

Cool. :) It sounds pretty nice in PIHKAL. I can't wait to see some reports.

Yeah I heard about this and two other 2c-x derivatives that will be here shortly.

Can't say which other two, since I promised the person who told me.

I thought about picking some up, but I don't think I will now. I'm interested in BOD mostly as a novelty, as I have no experience with any of the BOx. I do like 2C-D fairly well. While that's not usually predictive, reports in this case make them sound similar.

It sounds like it's longer lasting, but a good bit of that increased duration seems to be difficult comeup, so that's no bonus. The humor sounds pleasant, and it seems like it retains 2C-D's mood lightening effects, but mentions of persistent and annoying nausea are found in almost every report. That's less exciting.

I hate to be a snob, but I may give this one a pass for the time being even though it sounds pleasant enough. Some BOC, on the other hand...

I hate to be a snob, but I may give this one a pass for the time being even though it sounds pleasant enough. Some BOC, on the other hand...

Someone on Reddit recently posted a pic of some "BOC" they acquired. Thing is, the stuff came on blotters, which is kind of a red flag since the substance would presumably be too weak to fit on a normal-size blotter square.

BOD is roughly twice as potent as 2C-D, and BOB is slightly more potent than 2C-B, with a "normal" dose for both BOx's being roughly 20 mg, so I think we can reasonably assume that BOC would be in the same ballpark... thus, even if a single blotter square was just 10 mg, it would have to be 4 times as big as a blotter square used for LSD/NBOMe's/DOx.

At 2019 and there?s still Shulgins that I didn?t known, but for sure that I will try and love. The duration and potency seems spot on.

Thanks again, Mr Shulgin, wherever you are

Yeah PIHKAL has a tremendous amount of stuff in it, I was reading some I had never read about yesterday (and I've been reading that book for like 15 years). It's amazing that there are still some (a lot actually) that have never hit the market, and also that there are some that have hit the market that he never made (like 2C-EF, though he did make DOEF - for example).

I tried it once. I don't recall the dose, but it was like a long and mild 2CD trip. Not spectacular, but not bad either. I didn't get any bodyload or nausea, and the come up was pretty slow and not unpleasant at all. It's been a few years since, so I can't recall the details, but I probably posted about it in the official BOD thread, if there is one.

The only reason I didn't take it again was that I had, and still have, so many new compounds to try - and not enough time.

I got some of this and I will be trying it sometime soon. :)

PIHKAL makes it sound pretty worthwhile. Some of the reports mention bodyload and some say there's no bodyload, but pretty uniformly they seem to report an interesting and useful psychedelic state.

Sent this off to be lab tested along with a bunch of other things I have (such as DOF, DOiP, DOPr, etc, and also the 4C-D that is going around). I'll update the threads with the results. The substances I sent in are rare enough that I am certain they're all from the same source so trying to do a service and get them confirmed. :)

I haven't tried this yet, I want to but I'm gonna wait for the lab results first.

Sent this off to be lab tested along with a bunch of other things I have (such as DOF, DOiP, DOPr, etc, and also the 4C-D that is going around). I'll update the threads with the results. The substances I sent in are rare enough that I am certain they're all from the same source so trying to do a service and get them confirmed. :)

I haven't tried this yet, I want to but I'm gonna wait for the lab results first.

You get to this or the 4C-D yet? I've always greatly enjoyed your trip reports and we need more information on these exciting psychedelics since thy're fairly easy to obtain now!!

I have written 2 4C-D trip reports, if you search my name in the TR forum, or just scroll through the first couple of pages, you'll see them. I have not done this yet. I did do BOHB but ruined it with other drugs so I didn't write a TR.

I have the day off of work for Columbus Day... I think I'm about to bite the bullet at try this for the first time. 15mg I think.

Down the hatch 10 minutes ago, and I'm keeping notes for a report. Weirdest tasting psychedelic RC ever... at first it tasted like nothing, and then a subtle, almost savory flavor filled my mouth, with bitter undertones. I never even washed it down with water as I didn't find it to taste bad at all.

Zeta:

Awesome, can't wait to hear what you think about it! ? I'm really looking for a good starting dosage myself too, it seems like the reports are a little all over the place, I'll be quite curious to know how much you get out of that 15 mg.

I'll post a report, and I'm mostly down now, or at least on the low plateau. But I think I didn't dose high enough for the trip to fully develop, but enough for the bodyload. Kind of disappointing but I still have a lot of observations. Also I think I picked a challenging time to try something new because of my mental state today so that's also a factor. Stay tuned...

Zeta:

Looking forward to it. :) That's too bad it was an uncomfortable underdose but that's at least good to know, and I'm sure your observations were plenty interesting anyway.